brandts

Core i9-9900K

ROG Maximus XI Hero WIFI

SuperNOVA 850 G3

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2 x 8 GB 4133 MHz

Fractal Design Celsius S24

Nvidia geforce GTX 1070

First off, sorry for my bad english!
So the problem! When i turn off my computer everything turns off except the fans(case fans and AIO fans), they keep spinning and even spins faster then idle in windows.
If i press the switch on the PSU to turn it off they stop spinning. When i turn on the psu the fans start spinning again but nothing more. When i press the power button on the case the fans turn off for a half a sec then starts spinning again(in a more normal speed) and the computer boots up just like it should. Somehow the psu provides power to the motherboard even if its off and let the fan spins.
I have replaced the motherboard with a new one but the problem is still there.
I read in another forum where a guy replaced the 24-pin cable and the problem was solved, ill try that tomorrow but im posting here to see if there's a setting in bios i missed? I've enabled the ErP Ready but that didnt fix it.
Or if theres something else i can try? I'll try replacing the PSU if a new 24-pin cable doesn't work.

17 minutes ago, brandts said:

Core i9-9900K

ROG Maximus XI Hero WIFI

SuperNOVA 850 G3

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2 x 8 GB 4133 MHz

Fractal Design Celsius S24

Nvidia geforce GTX 1070

First off, sorry for my bad english!
So the problem! When i turn off my computer everything turns off except the fans(case fans and AIO fans), they keep spinning and even spins faster then idle in windows.
If i press the switch on the PSU to turn it off they stop spinning. When i turn on the psu the fans start spinning again but nothing more. When i press the power button on the case the fans turn off for a half a sec then starts spinning again(in a more normal speed) and the computer boots up just like it should. Somehow the psu provides power to the motherboard even if its off and let the fan spins.
I have replaced the motherboard with a new one but the problem is still there.
I read in another forum where a guy replaced the 24-pin cable and the problem was solved, ill try that tomorrow but im posting here to see if there's a setting in bios i missed? I've enabled the ErP Ready but that didnt fix it.
Or if theres something else i can try? I'll try replacing the PSU if a new 24-pin cable doesn't work.

That sounds like some short in the 24Pin connecter. I would RMA power supply for safe measure. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

34 minutes ago, WebPlayz said:

That sounds like some short in the 24Pin connecter. I would RMA power supply for safe measure. 

I'll replace the power supply tomorrow and see if that will fix it.
Will post an update with results later if someone else has the same problem and looking for a solution.

So i returned the SuperNova 850 g3 to the store i bought it from and my plan was to buy a new one, but i found a good deal on a RM750x v2 so i went with that instead. ?
Anyway, it seems my problem is fully solved.
Was probably faulty 24 pin connector what WebPlayz said, so thanks to you! ?
The weekend is saved! ?

I run my fans off a fan controller myself with manual knobs to set the speed.