Where do I connect?

Wizzardoz
11 hours ago, Constantin said:

I have been digging this very deep, as i have a mobo that needs 2 cpu connectors and out off those of the PSU the manufacturer says how many are for the CPU!!!!

You're confusing has 2 EPS connectors, with needs the 2 EPS connectors plugged in...

@Constantin I'm going to assume that you've realised that the additional 4pin EPS connector on your motherboard is optional by now given that your system is presumably running, but if for whatever reason you do decide you want a second EPS connector, you can buy the required cable from Corsairs website, or from sites like Amazon and maybe newegg. Costs about $7 IIRC for the stock black EPS12V 4+4 cable, or about $20-$25 for the paracord individually sleeved ones. You can use the Corsair PSU cable compatibility chart to check which type of cable you need, as there are different types depending on what model of PSU you have. If you get stuck you can also just ask, or contact Corsair support for help.  https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Stay away from those nasty 4pin to 8pin adapters. You're probably lucky that it didn't work when you tried it.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:23 AM, Wizzardoz said:

It is a few years since I last built a PC. Am puzzled with the PSU and Asus Crosshair VII Hero Motherboard connections to Corsair RM750i PSU. I can see where the 24pin connection goes from MB to PSU but not sure about the 8 pin / 4pin connections on the MB. Using Ryzen 2700X CPU, do I need the 8+4 connections and where does the other end go on the PSU please?

As mentioned by JonnyGuru, the RM750i only comes with a single EPS12V (CPU) power cable out of the box. As per above, it is possible to buy additional EPS12v cables separately if you choose, however as already mentioned by others the additional CPU power connector on your motherboard is optional. It's not required, even for a 2700x - unless you're doing some crazy LN2 overclocking or something. Plug in the 4+4 EPS12v power cable to the 8pin connector on the motherboard and leave the 4pin connector empty.

As for where the cables need to be plugged in on the PSU side, @PopsicleHustler did a good diagram showing you where to plug everything in on your PSU. The PSU cables themselves are also labelled either "Type 4" for the side that plugs in to the PSU, or will be labelled PCIe/EPS12v (or "CPU", can't remember) for the side that plugs in to the components. The motherboard cable should also be labelled, but the side with the 24pin connector and the extra 10pin connector split off it is the side that goes in to the PSU. The side with just the one connector (24pins) goes in to the motherboard.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:37 AM, PopsicleHustler said:

You only have you use a single 8pin connector for the CPU. Cables that were included with the PSU should have markings on them like CPU and PCI-E for CPU and GPU respectively.

CPU connectors are 4+4, GPU connectors are 6+2 in case markings are missing.

2019-03-21_18-15-15.jpg.4de01601dfb6740cd43d1d04c00be8e5.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Guys i said i was wrong!

I thought otherwise cause i bought i cheap cable and it didn't work

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 5:48 AM, Spotty said:

As mentioned by JonnyGuru, the RM750i only comes with a single EPS12V (CPU) power cable out of the box. As per above, it is possible to buy additional EPS12v cables separately if you choose, however as already mentioned by others the additional CPU power connector on your motherboard is optional. It's not required, even for a 2700x - unless you're doing some crazy LN2 overclocking or something. Plug in the 4+4 EPS12v power cable to the 8pin connector on the motherboard and leave the 4pin connector empty.

Guys

I have been away (no access to internet). Apologies for being naive, do I just use the EATX12V_1 and ignore the EATX12V_2 connector?

CPU connector.jpg

10 minutes ago, Wizzardoz said:

Guys

I have been away (no access to internet). Apologies for being naive, do I just use the EATX12V_1 and ignore the EATX12V_2 connector?

CPU connector.jpg

Yes, that's correct.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450