Best GPU under 400 euros?

I am upgrading my computer, and decided to get a higher end gpu this time (current gpu:  Gtx 960). I have a €400 budget for a new gpu.

I would like a gpu that is future-proofed and wouldnt have to worry about upgrading for the next couple years and still be able to get high fps in 1080p.

i managed to find only 2 cheap rx vega 64 within my budget: 8GB Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC, and 8GB MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 AIR BOOST OC. the asus is €370 and the msi is €360. I really like the asus, but I heard so many bad things about it, most specifically, the vram having really bad heating issues. If i get the asus card will the vram heating affect me in the long?

I was also thinking about biting the bullet and pay a little extra to get the 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+ for 439€, but that is really up there in a budget (i have other things that need upgrading as well). I was looking into an rtx 2060, but I dont know how i feel about them just yet, the reviews on those tend to be mixed.  the cheapest rtx i can find was a 6GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC for €344, but tbh i would love the asus strix rtx 2060 one (400€) just for the looks....  Ive never had a fancy rgb gpu or any rgb pc component for that matter...

Are those my only options or are there better gpus that fit my budget? 

thanks in advance.

the vega 64 would be the best to fit your budget. 

the rx vega ROG strix or the Nitro+ would be the best choices. the Nitro being the best of the best, but id save my cash and go for the strix. 

28 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

the vega 64 would be the best to fit your budget. 

the rx vega ROG strix or the Nitro+ would be the best choices. the Nitro being the best of the best, but id save my cash and go for the strix. 

Thanks for replying.

What about the bad vram heating? Also the coil whine?

15 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

the vega 64 strix, as the nitro is better, but not 60 euros better.

Thanks for replying.

Even though the Asus strix Vega 64 has some negative feedback, I should still choose? Would it cause issues down the road?

5 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

Thanks for replying.

What about the bad vram heating? Also the coil whine?

the nitro is better but its not 60 euros better. and the MSI isnt worth it. 

you mean VRM. because the Vega 64 uses HBM as Vram which has good cooling. 

coilwine will come down to luck of the draw really. 

Vega 64 offers you a few more years than the 2060. The 8gb vram coupled with HBCC means that it will make the gpu last as long as it's performance will allow it to. Meanwhile the 2060's horrible 6gb vram will cause big stutters a few years down the line. Vega will perform the same, just without the horrible stutters because of the 2gb extra vram and hbcc as backup. From what you are saying you seem to want as many years as possible out of the gpu. Vega is a more safe option than Turing is for that.

Get the strix, the strix cards are always reliable.

1 hour ago, Sylthrim said:

Thanks for replying.

Even though the Asus strix Vega 64 has some negative feedback, I should still choose? Would it cause issues down the road?

I would. Just wondering, what is your monitor type? This will determine whether it is worth it to pay extra for a Vega 64 than an RTX 2060

11 minutes ago, DustierDolphin said:

I would. Just wondering, what is your monitor type? This will determine whether it is worth it to pay extra for a Vega 64 than an RTX 2060

I have 3x 1080p Monitors.

15 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Vega 64 offers you a few more years than the 2060. The 8gb vram coupled with HBCC means that it will make the gpu last as long as it's performance will allow it to. Meanwhile the 2060's horrible 6gb vram will cause big stutters a few years down the line. Vega will perform the same, just without the horrible stutters because of the 2gb extra vram and hbcc as backup. From what you are saying you seem to want as many years as possible out of the gpu. Vega is a more safe option than Turing is for that.

Get the strix, the strix cards are always reliable.

I would get the strix in a heart beat too, but the overheating on the vrm worries me. This particular strix card has gotten a bad reputation for overheating.

6 hours ago, Sylthrim said:

I would get the strix in a heart beat too, but the overheating on the vrm worries me. This particular strix card has gotten a bad reputation for overheating.

you can always just get some extra thermal pads for like 10$

and fix it. also add a tiny bit extra mounting pressure. usually drops ~1-2c.