how to wreck your parrents tv?

stach

So, guys, my parents got a really old plasma tv and I want them to buy a new one is there any way you know I can wreck it without causing physical damage?

edit: this was meant as a joke chill, but I still want tips to convince them to buy another one

Why do you have to destroy their PC in order to get them a new TV? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, stach said:

So, guys, my parents got a really old plasma tv and I want them to buy a new one is there any way you know I can wreck it without causing physical damage?

TBH they're going to break it themselves when they leave it on some default image and it gets burned in.

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

Today on 1000 Ways to waste money

??

3 minutes ago, stach said:

Tell them plasma sucks and it uses a lot of power, and the black levels suck then they'll get a new one.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

2 minutes ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Tell them plasma sucks and it uses a lot of power, and the black levels suck then they'll get a new one.

plasma has better blacks than LCD but both still suck when compared to tube

q9khzibd1x911.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Yeah whenever i look at my parents plasma tv the black bars from the different aspect ratio look grey not black. Im pretty sure my lcd monitor has better blacks than that or similar. It's a pretty old samsung plasma tv that has 3d.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

1 minute ago, stach said:

I'm 12

You're technically not even supposed to be on here...

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

You're technically not even supposed to be on here...

oh shit

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

>saying that you want to destroy a tv

>everyone gets on you for that

>"but chill it's just a joke"

if you're going through with something, don't do a cheap copout

well fuck, here we go then

Just now, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Or just live with it.

Whats the worst that can happen?

nothing could happen, I would just like a better tv cause it's pretty shitty and old

4 minutes ago, stach said:

nothing could happen, I would just like a better tv cause it's pretty shitty and old

Yeah tell your parents reasons why another one is better. Specifically black levels and power consumption. Tell them it lowers their power bill if they get an oled one over plasma and it looks far better.

Asus GU501gm

4 minutes ago, stach said:

Yeah and if you wreck it, you'll be grounded for life and you'll never see how the new TV looks.

mwhahahahaha

Won’t visit often..

2 minutes ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

Firstly I hope I never have a kid that acts like this, it's very wasteful and just so stupid on so many levels

Second, if you aren't smart enough to figure something like this out on your own I have another reason to not want a child like you

Third, why would you expect a tech forum to help you with this? I'd suggest a different forum site but Im scared what else you'd see

Fourth, if you're gonna do it anyways do NOT mess with the outlet. You. WILL. DIE.

dude, it's just a joke I'm not going to do it don't worry

2 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Yeah and if you wreck it, you'll be grounded for life and you'll never see how the new TV looks.

mwhahahahaha

good point

YOLO that TV bruh.  Throw a brick right through it.  When you mom confronts you just tell her you're going through changes and don't know how to control yourself.

BOOM! new TV 

Stock up on bricks until she buys a proper TV, settle for no less than 8k OLED.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

39 minutes ago, stach said:

dude, it's just a joke I'm not going to do it don't worry

Cool!

Everybody say it with me.

Let's lock this thread.

LOCK IT UP!

LOCK IT UP!

LOCK IT UP!

LOCK IT UP!

Spoiler

download.jpeg.1f5e76e67fbb1b4ab5f2fe8bd02bd3e3.jpeg

Won’t visit often..

I think this lock message can be summed up as "don't do bad things, and definitely don't use the forum to do bad things".

HTTP/2 203