Does Facebook even care anymore? - Plain Text Passwords

markopolomp
1 hour ago, Gadrane said:

Why are you all so salty towards social media? Are you sad that nobody wishes to keep in touch with you?

No, because it's cancer. It actually makes people dumber and only thing social about it is everyone showing off their fake perfect lives. And don't get me started on privacy as evident from this fiasco alone. 20.000 employees having access to passwords of hundreds of millions of users. How fucked up is that?

So... did they "fix" this issue? I just skimmed through facebook's side of the story it doesn't seems like they did? Meaning even if I changed the password, wouldn't they still have it in plain text regardless for employees to potentially see?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Gadrane said:

Why are you all so salty towards social media? Are you sad that nobody wishes to keep in touch with you?

Defending Facebook in 2019

200.gif.b44d33bfb1026f1bd2cd8e1da5bf9d53.gif

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

So... did they "fix" this issue?

No, but they admit it was their mistake and they're sorry.  They will work hard to make sure it doesn't happen again.

In all seriousness, they're probably too busy preparing their PR response for the next scandal.  Like a second Cambridge Analytica incident. 

you do realize that nearly none of those people at Facebook truly give a damn about you and have 0 interest in your password right? sure Facebook could handle security better but lets be real plain text or not doesn't guarantee security... passwords stored in more secure forms are breached and leaked all the time....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

2 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Defending Facebook in 2019

200.gif.b44d33bfb1026f1bd2cd8e1da5bf9d53.gif

I’m not defending it, I just find the visceral hatred very pretentious.

28 minutes ago, Gadrane said:

I’m not defending it, I just find the visceral hatred very pretentious.

So attacking people's personal lives is the right course because you don't agree with their opinion? GG bro GG

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Well it's official the Harvard dropout really dropped out because he's a idiot  masquerading as a genius. Seriously social media can go die in a hole and never ever come back ever again. Also whats really sad is no one is actually getting rid of Facebook. Go ask someone if they got rid of Facebook then ask them if they deleted their account. They will say they got rid of it but what they really mean is they deleted the app from their phone but they never deleted their account.

1 hour ago, Shorty88jr said:

Well it's official the Harvard dropout really dropped out because he's a idiot  masquerading as a genius. Seriously social media can go die in a hole and never ever come back ever again. Also whats really sad is no one is actually getting rid of Facebook. Go ask someone if they got rid of Facebook then ask them if they deleted their account. They will say they got rid of it but what they really mean is they deleted the app from their phone but they never deleted their account.

what would deleting the account accomplish if they wouldn't delete your data anyway 

3 hours ago, Shorty88jr said:

In the distant past you actually deleted the account (assuming what they said also meant that). Now it just says "Deactivate account". I have strong suspicion all data remains fully visible to them in either case, it's just that other users don't see it. Given how incompetent and dishonest they are, this isn't even a far fetched idea...

14 hours ago, Gadrane said:

A lot of salty introverts with no friends.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Raskolnikov said:

A lot of salty introverts with no friends.

And you have 1500+ "friends" on Fecesbook? Right?

Why not just be careful about the information you make available? Consider anything on social media public.