Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theviewr1568

144hz monitor (VG248QE) using hdmi 2.1 with gtx 1060 gpu (PH315-51-78NP) and wont go above 60hz

8 minutes ago, theviewr1568 said:

do you know if i get an hdmi displayport converter so i could use my hdmi but there would be a dongle do it wold work over hdmi to my computer cause it only has a hdmi

would that work?

You can get up to 1080p 120 Hz though an HDMI to DisplayPort converter, which is about $30.

If you just bought the monitor I would recommend returning it and getting one that supports 144 Hz over HDMI though.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello i recently bought myself a new gaming computer PH315-51-78NP and 144hz monitor later on VG248QE and i read that the monitor only had  a hdmi 1.4 so i was ok with 120hz but when i plugged them in  and updated my drivers for my gpu and monitor i could only get 60hz will it hurt the monitor if i use a custom res to force the 120hz or is there something im doing wrong

Did you check the settings on the monitor?

CPU:i7 9700k, Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC, Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB, PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold, Display(s):Samsung P2470HD, SAMSUNG LS24E390HL, Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire, Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

VG248QE is limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. You must use DisplayPort or Dual-Link DVI.

do you know if i get an hdmi displayport converter so i could use my hdmi but there would be a dongle do it wold work over hdmi to my computer cause it only has a hdmi

would that work?

You should buy a DisplayPort cable.  They're a few bucks on Amazon, no biggie.

"A promise is a promise"

Posted · Best Answer
8 minutes ago, theviewr1568 said:

would that work?

You can get up to 1080p 120 Hz though an HDMI to DisplayPort converter, which is about $30.

If you just bought the monitor I would recommend returning it and getting one that supports 144 Hz over HDMI though.