Which optical drive for saving my DVD/Blu-Ray media?

Hey All,

I have several DVDs and Blu-Ray movies that I don't use much anymore. Mainly due to the fact that I don't have an optical drive and it's pretty inconvenient.

I've done research and I heard handbrake is able to copy the media from DVDs/Blu-Ray. The video I watched is linked at the bottom.
I have empty bays in my computer case and I thought why not.
I just don't know which optical drive is best. Any suggestions?

Here is my case: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8bbp99/nzxt-case-caph820w1
Here is my motherboard: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3XvZxr/asus-motherboard-z170deluxe
I'm running Windows 10.
Thank you in advance!

31 minutes ago, MrPerezOP said:

22 minutes ago, MrPerezOP said:

Hey All,

I have several DVDs and Blu-Ray movies that I don't use much anymore. Mainly due to the fact that I don't have an optical drive and it's pretty inconvenient.

I've done research and I heard handbrake is able to copy the media from DVDs/Blu-Ray. The video I watched is linked at the bottom.
I have empty bays in my computer case and I thought why not.
I just don't know which optical drive is best. Any suggestions?
-SNIP-

Hey @MrPerezOP

I have a Silverstone slot-loading Blu-ray writer (like on laptops) and, it mounts into my case inside a 5.25” drive bay converter which maintains the streamlined look on the front panel, also fits four 2.5" drives, as well.

Links

SilverStone SOB02 is a slim (slot load) type Blu-ray writer to support Blu-ray / DVD / CD

Silverstone  5.25” drive bay converter for slot-Load slim optical drive SST-FP58B (black) SST-FP58S (silver)

hope this helps

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

32 minutes ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Hey @MrPerezOP

I have a Silverstone slot-loading Blu-ray writer (like on laptops) and, it mounts into my case inside a 5.25” drive bay converter which maintains the streamlined look on the front panel, also fits four 2.5" drives, as well.

Links

SilverStone SOB02 is a slim (slot load) type Blu-ray writer to support Blu-ray / DVD / CD

Silverstone  5.25” drive bay converter for slot-Load slim optical drive SST-FP58B (black) SST-FP58S (silver)

hope this helps

Thanks.
I'll look into this one.