Looking for a Camera for 1000€

Hello,

I'm looking for a "compact" camera like the ,, Fujifilm XT100,, for about 1000€ (preferably with a second lense for pictures in the distance).

I'm new to photography and I'm not planning on using a camera stand.

In case it matters, I'm going to South Africa (around October - December)

Thanks for the help

35 minutes ago, Klouuse said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a "compact" camera like the ,, Fujifilm XT100,, for about 1000€ (preferably with a second lense for pictures in the distance).

I'm new to photography and I'm not planning on using a camera stand.

In case it matters, I'm going to South Africa (around October - December)

Thanks for the help

I would recommend getting a DSLR. Especially if you’re going on a trip through the wilderness (I’m assuming). Can get great package deals on DSLR’s for 500-700€

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

A used d750 might be worth looking at (d810s are larger and heavier so).  They're fairly small and lightweight for a dslr.   A used 300mm f/4 with a 1.4 TC  would pair well for a lightweight wild life lens.  Otherwise a good 24-70 is a good place to start.  The 24-70 G non-VR is fairly good, as is the new Tamron.   If those are too expensive, there's always other options as well.   A d7200 might be worth looking at too.   Sorry I can't give you more details but I'm not familiar with the used camera market outside of the US so.   

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."

On 3/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, Stormseeker9 said:

I would recommend getting a DSLR. Especially if you’re going on a trip through the wilderness (I’m assuming). Can get great package deals on DSLR’s for 500-700€

Can you list me some cameras please?

18 hours ago, bloodthirster said:

A used d750 might be worth looking at (d810s are larger and heavier so).  They're fairly small and lightweight for a dslr.   A used 300mm f/4 with a 1.4 TC  would pair well for a lightweight wild life lens.  Otherwise a good 24-70 is a good place to start.  The 24-70 G non-VR is fairly good, as is the new Tamron.   If those are too expensive, there's always other options as well.   A d7200 might be worth looking at too.   Sorry I can't give you more details but I'm not familiar with the used camera market outside of the US so.   

Idk about a used one. I was planning on going to a store and pay monthly for it

Buying used in cash is makes much more sense in every way, but, I woudn't go with a FF camera, the cost of lenses will be much higher. The xt100 is a great option, the xt30 might be worth a look given the specs. 

As far as a dlsr is concerned, used Canon 800d with a kit 18-55mm should be fine and depending on what you are doing there maybe a tele or zoom as a second lens. 

Also, be mindful of crime in South Africa and finding a way not to draw too much attention to yourself etc. basically do your research on the locations before hand

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 3/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, cc143 said:

Buying used in cash is makes much more sense in every way, but, I woudn't go with a FF camera, the cost of lenses will be much higher. 

Yes and no.  For new lenses, yes.  For higher quality used lenses no.  In fact most crop sensors lenses from Nikon and Canon aren't that great and generally the good ones aren't that much more that the FF equivalent. 

It isn't as simple as saying FF lenses cost more because quality and other factors vary wildly. 

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."

2 hours ago, bloodthirster said:

Yes and no.  For new lenses, yes.  For higher quality used lenses no.  In fact most crop sensors lenses from Nikon and Canon aren't that great and generally the good ones aren't that much more that the FF equivalent. 

It isn't as simple as saying FF lenses cost more because quality and other factors vary wildly. 

especially for higher quality used crop lenses. Usually you can get a used vs new lens at a 30% discount, but because the market for higher end lens is dominated (seller wise) by people who have moved to FF, their prices tend to be even lower, usually half or even less than new. Good examples are Canon's 11-22 and 17-55 which are available used for under £250 and £300 vs £450 and £500 new respectively.

I agree there's more nuance to it, but for staple lenses, not that much usually.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/