FPS DROPS

Simontk

Help me gais. I have a zenbook 13 UX331UN-EG129TS. 

Core i5 8th gen

8 GB ram

SATA SSD 256 GB

MX150 nvdia 

I've been using this laptop for a while now. A month probably. I usually do videos on it but also gaming too. Somehow, in the first week or two, I've got decent and great performance. However, since then, i've experienced a lot of frame drops that stay for like 1 minute. I play games like Fortnite and Apex legends. They usually ru really well and smooth but frame drops keep suddenly happening. I've also gotten a fan to cool it down but I don't know if that works. I've tried defraging my disks, setting low graphs and also putting nvdia settings to prioritize in performance. 

I would expect your laptop to be thermal throttling, the only way to tell is to run some monitoring software in the background to monitor temperatures and throttle flags.

2 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

you using any anti virus software other than windows defender?

I used to use mc afee then I removed it. Just windows defender for me now. 

5 hours ago, Simontk said:

Laptops tend to run hotter when idling than you'd think due to noise requirements, but I would suspect thermal throttling too, monitor temps when gaming and see if it's reaching maximum temp for your chip, or close too, take it apart, clean any dust and new thermal paste, then monitor again and check for changes

17 hours ago, D-J97 said:

Laptops tend to run hotter when idling than you'd think due to noise requirements, but I would suspect thermal throttling too, monitor temps when gaming and see if it's reaching maximum temp for your chip, or close too, take it apart, clean any dust and new thermal paste, then monitor again and check for changes

image.thumb.png.03f75b939f48b21b8d3bec30cbe7f52d.png

image.png