Looking for a new mouse, suggestions?

So it’s going to be my bday soon, (March 29 btw) and I’m thinking of getting a new mouse or keyboard. As for budget, under 200 USD and has to be released already. My current mouse is the g502, and it’s a great mouse, I’m just looking for something more premium now. I mostly game with it, so wired is ok and it doesn’t have to be from a “gaming” brand. Suggestions? Also some keyboard suggestions, I currently have the Corsair k95 platinum but by heavy button spamming and usage, I think the key stroke life is starting to disappear. Doesn’t have to be “gaming brand”. Mechanical, under or is 200 USD, mostly will use for typing and games. Full sized preferred.

Edit: Some brand suggestions for the future would also be appreciated, thank you!

5 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Edit: Some brand suggestions for the future would also be appreciated, thank you!

Every brand has good an bad options. Except Razer, they just make bad options

Other than that I have nothing to add.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

So $200 for both mouse and keyboard? or $200 for each?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

You can't ruin cherry MX switches no matter how hard you stomp. You kinda have the best of the best right now...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

So $200 for both mouse and keyboard? or $200 for each?

It’s 200 USD for each product, so 400 max total with both products

43 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

You can't ruin cherry MX switches no matter how hard you stomp. You kinda have the best of the best right now...

But repeated usage can ruin them right? That’s what I heard from my friend who said my f, shift, space, w, ctrl feel weird

Just now, Totally Not Woojin said:

But repeated usage can ruin them right? That’s what I heard from my friend who said my f, shift, space, w, ctrl feel weird

Not unless you pressed them over 50 million times, and even then they won't be ruined. 

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Not unless you pressed them over 50 million times, and even then they won't be ruined. 

Oh ok then, guess ut was like a placebo effect of me worrying of pressing my keyboard too much, thanks! 

Idk what you meant by "Premium" Because G502 is a high end mouse.

But i know you have a large hand and i will recommend you to visit my guide on my signature below..scroll down and you'll see a mouse recommendation section, choose large hand category and just pick one.

If premium you meant more features you can take look at the Rival 700 it has oled display and vibration feedback or 710 (wireless), Razer Naga Trinity comes with 3 removable side button, The Basilisk has removable sniper button (it comes with 3 button) and Adjustable Scroll wheel tensioning system that lets you adjust the resistance of the scroll wheel from below.

As for the keyboard, I suggest the Massdrop CTRL keyboard.

Its a solid keyboard with removable switch (no soldering required),solid aluminum body,pretty RGB,PBT keycaps and USB C passthrough.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Check out RocketJumpNinja (Zy), his website and his Youtube - he's pretty much the best mouse reviewer on Youtube - you'll find recommendations.

As for the keyboard issues, I don't think you ruined the switches or something, it's possible that the keycaps are a little worn on some keys - try replacing only the keycaps.

M.S.C.E. (M.Sc. Computer Engineering), Senior IT advisor in a hospital, 30 years of gaming, 20 years of computer enthusiasm, Geek, Trekkie, anime fan

• Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - EK AIO 360 D-RGB - Arctic Cooling MX-4 - Asus Prime X570-P - 4x8GB DDR4 3200 HyperX Fury CL16 - Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950XT Nitro+ - 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 512GB ADATA SU800 - 960GB Kingston A400 - Seasonic PX-850 850W  - custom black ATX and EPS cables - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout - Windows 11 x64 23H2 - 3 Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - 5 Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST
  • Peripherals: LG 32GK650F - Philips 226VL - Logitech G Pro X Superlight with Tiger Ice - HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL) - EndGame Gear MPC890 - Genius HF 1250B - Akliam PD4 - Sennheiser HD 560s - Simgot EM6L - Truthear Zero - QKZ x HBB - 7Hz Salnotes Zero - Logitech C270 - Behringer PS400 - BM700  - Colormunki Smile - Speedlink Torid - Jysk Stenderup - LG 24x External DVD writer - Konig smart card reader
  • Laptop: Acer E5–575G-386R 15.6" 1080p (i3 6100U + 12GB DDR4 (4GB+8GB) + GeForce 940MX + 256GB nVME) Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - Logitech G305 + AAA Lithium battery
  • Networking: Asus TUF Gaming AX6000 - Arcadyan ISP router - 35/7 Mbps vDSL
  • TV and gadgets: TCL 50EP680 50" 4K LED + Sharp HT-SB100 75W RMS soundbar - Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.1" - OnePlus 9 256GB - Olymous Cameda C-160 - GameBoy Color 
  • Streaming/Server/Storage PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - LC-Power LC-CC-120 - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - 2x4GB ADATA 2666 DDR4 - 120GB Kingston V300 - Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 2x WD Green 2TB - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon R9 380X - 550W EVGA G3 SuperNova - Chieftec Giga DF-01B - Logitech G710+ - Roccat Kone Pure Military Desert strike - Logitech S-220

1 hour ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Oh ok then, guess ut was like a placebo effect of me worrying of pressing my keyboard too much, thanks! 

Don't worry about it. I I had some money laying around burning a hole in my pocket, I'd buy fancy PBT keycaps.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

For keyboard I recommend grabbing a ducky one 2. For mouse I'm with the rocket jump ninja comment use his website measure your hand.

I feel like a mouse can be such a preference based on each user. One mouse that one person likes may not be the best option for all other users. I really liked the old school intelimouse 2 from years ago. After that I went to the Logitech Mx518 which I loved, then they stopped making that mouse and I had a hard time finding one that fit my hand the way the Mx518 did. Finally I decided on the Corsair Sabre as it had a very close feel to the Mx518. Since then I've learned that in the last few months they were reviving the old Mx518 design. A good question for you is how many buttons do you want on it, and more importantly where do you want the buttons placed on the mouse.

The mice i like have the forward back buttons right by the thumb, not all mice have them placed in the same spot. I like them there as I use them when gaming and feel it makes a difference having them in a specific spot. As far as keyboard K95 Platinum I haven't ever had issues with mine... $400 is a lot to spend on a mouse and keyboard... maybe if you feel like your switches are starting to go bad go for a fully modular keyboard so if your switches start to feel like they're going bad you can just replace the single switch. (Also with a fully modular keyboard you can put better switches in the more frequently used keys).

As far as button spamming goes use macros my friend....

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

16 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Idk what you meant by "Premium" Because G502 is a high end mouse.

But i know you have a large hand and i will recommend you to visit my guide on my signature below..scroll down and you'll see a mouse recommendation section, choose large hand category and just pick one.

If premium you meant more features you can take look at the Rival 700 it has oled display and vibration feedback or 710 (wireless), Razer Naga Trinity comes with 3 removable side button, The Basilisk has removable sniper button (it comes with 3 button) and Adjustable Scroll wheel tensioning system that lets you adjust the resistance of the scroll wheel from below.

As for the keyboard, I suggest the Massdrop CTRL keyboard.

Its a solid keyboard with removable switch (no soldering required),solid aluminum body,pretty RGB,PBT keycaps and USB C passthrough.

The g502 might be premium, but with the time gap between when I first bought it and now, there has to be a better mouse right?

4 hours ago, Vandey said:

I feel like a mouse can be such a preference based on each user. One mouse that one person likes may not be the best option for all other users. I really liked the old school intelimouse 2 from years ago. After that I went to the Logitech Mx518 which I loved, then they stopped making that mouse and I had a hard time finding one that fit my hand the way the Mx518 did. Finally I decided on the Corsair Sabre as it had a very close feel to the Mx518. Since then I've learned that in the last few months they were reviving the old Mx518 design. A good question for you is how many buttons do you want on it, and more importantly where do you want the buttons placed on the mouse.

The mice i like have the forward back buttons right by the thumb, not all mice have them placed in the same spot. I like them there as I use them when gaming and feel it makes a difference having them in a specific spot. As far as keyboard K95 Platinum I haven't ever had issues with mine... $400 is a lot to spend on a mouse and keyboard... maybe if you feel like your switches are starting to go bad go for a fully modular keyboard so if your switches start to feel like they're going bad you can just replace the single switch. (Also with a fully modular keyboard you can put better switches in the more frequently used keys).

As far as button spamming goes use macros my friend....

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

I’m okay with like 5-6 at most, don’t use a lot of them. I use right hand so ambi design doesn’t matter. Although I do like 2 buttons on the side. My macros, I just can’t get used to going over to them, so yeah

16 hours ago, 191x7 said:

Check out RocketJumpNinja (Zy), his website and his Youtube - he's pretty much the best mouse reviewer on Youtube - you'll find recommendations.

As for the keyboard issues, I don't think you ruined the switches or something, it's possible that the keycaps are a little worn on some keys - try replacing only the keycaps.

Thanks for the advice and do you have any good key cap advice? Like which ones to buy? I’m sure some are better than others

3 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Thanks for the advice and do you have any good key cap advice? Like which ones to buy? I’m sure some are better than others

Check first. Take some keycaps from the keys you rarely use and check how the "problematic" keys behave with them.

As for choosing new keycaps, that's a matter of preference, the looks, the font and the used materials.

M.S.C.E. (M.Sc. Computer Engineering), Senior IT advisor in a hospital, 30 years of gaming, 20 years of computer enthusiasm, Geek, Trekkie, anime fan

• Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - EK AIO 360 D-RGB - Arctic Cooling MX-4 - Asus Prime X570-P - 4x8GB DDR4 3200 HyperX Fury CL16 - Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950XT Nitro+ - 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 512GB ADATA SU800 - 960GB Kingston A400 - Seasonic PX-850 850W  - custom black ATX and EPS cables - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout - Windows 11 x64 23H2 - 3 Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - 5 Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST
  • Peripherals: LG 32GK650F - Philips 226VL - Logitech G Pro X Superlight with Tiger Ice - HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL) - EndGame Gear MPC890 - Genius HF 1250B - Akliam PD4 - Sennheiser HD 560s - Simgot EM6L - Truthear Zero - QKZ x HBB - 7Hz Salnotes Zero - Logitech C270 - Behringer PS400 - BM700  - Colormunki Smile - Speedlink Torid - Jysk Stenderup - LG 24x External DVD writer - Konig smart card reader
  • Laptop: Acer E5–575G-386R 15.6" 1080p (i3 6100U + 12GB DDR4 (4GB+8GB) + GeForce 940MX + 256GB nVME) Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - Logitech G305 + AAA Lithium battery
  • Networking: Asus TUF Gaming AX6000 - Arcadyan ISP router - 35/7 Mbps vDSL
  • TV and gadgets: TCL 50EP680 50" 4K LED + Sharp HT-SB100 75W RMS soundbar - Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.1" - OnePlus 9 256GB - Olymous Cameda C-160 - GameBoy Color 
  • Streaming/Server/Storage PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - LC-Power LC-CC-120 - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - 2x4GB ADATA 2666 DDR4 - 120GB Kingston V300 - Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 2x WD Green 2TB - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon R9 380X - 550W EVGA G3 SuperNova - Chieftec Giga DF-01B - Logitech G710+ - Roccat Kone Pure Military Desert strike - Logitech S-220

8 hours ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

The g502 might be premium, but with the time gap between when I first bought it and now, there has to be a better mouse right?

Depends..

Sensor performance? Nope and the other features is just a matter of personal preferences..

if you ask me.. G502 can still compete with the latest gaming mouse.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

On 3/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, LukeLinusFanFic said:

MX switches are definitely not the best of the best right now. There are switches that last much longer than mx switches, like Kailh's box switches 80mil + water resistant, Optical Switches (Flaretech B is 100+ Million cycles), and hall effect switches. And in terms of keyfeel, most keyboard enthusiasts would say modern cherry switches are very scratchy and have very minute tactility, in general just a very mediocre switch.  

9 hours ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

hanks for the advice and do you have any good key cap advice? Like which ones to buy? I’m sure some are better than others

There's mainly 2 types of keycap materials 

PBT and ABS, PBT is for the most part the superior material, it has a higher melting temperature, and does not yellow, however, production of double shot pbt is difficult and often POM or another material is used for the legends in doubleshot pbt caps, also PBT spacebars are difficult to make without warping issues. PBT also retains its texture better, where as ABS can have a "shine" after usage. Dye sublimation is only possible with PBT due to the higher melting temperature. 

Do note that the material it self does not mean one keycap set is better than the other. GMK, regarded as one of the best keycap makers in the industry uses ABS.

There's 5 main types of keycap printing methods

Pad printing, pad printing is the least durable and creates an uneven surface, also lasts the shortest amount of time common in cheap keyboards and special keycaps

Laser engraving + filament, this printing method is more durable than pad printing but the filament degrades over time as well. Keyboards like the Daskeyboard 4 use it. 

Painted + Laser etched, this is the most common type of keycap on rgb gaming keyboards, the legends look sharp when new, however, after a while the paint can start to come off. 

Dye sublimation, one of the highest quality printing methods, lasts basically forever, however, dye sublimation often times looks less crisp and the legend colours must be darker than the plastic colour. 

Double shot injection, regarded as the highest quality printing method, this method requires a keycap to be formed with 2 pieces of plastic, this produces very sharp and high contrast legends that basically lasts forever. 

There are many keycap profiles, but the most common ones are: 

Flat, low profile no sculpt
XDA
DSA

Both mainly made from dye sub pbt, best quality ones are made by signature plastics

Lower profile, sculpted 

Cherry profile
High quality ABS double shots -> GMK or JTK

PBT Dye sub -> EnjoyPBT, NKPC

PBT Double shots -> Idk the manufacturer but kbdfans used to have them, also Leopold makes them, note that these kits often use abs spacebars and pom or another material for the legends instead of pbt. 

Mid profile, sculpted 

Doubleshot pbt -> Ducky, Taihao 

High profile, scuplted

SA 

PBT/ABS Doubleshot -> Maxkeys, Signature Plastics

MT3

PBT Dyesub -> Matt30, Massdrop

On 3/21/2019 at 12:37 AM, Totally Not Woojin said:

-snip-

k95 is one of the best "name brand" Cherry mech boards you can purchase and you will not be seeing legitimate key stroke degradation for QUITE A LONG TIME. I've had a whole host of gaming mice that includes the OG G502 Proteus Core before the spectrum and before the logo change, you're going to have a hard time finding a mouse more premium than the G502. The G502 is a legendary mouse as far as build quality and sensor accuracy go, I've used mine since it launched to the point where the metal mouse wheel has actually begun to "rust" under the metal finish. If you're looking to get more competitive with FPS title I'd strongly recommend the G Pro Hero since #1 it's a product I am actively using and #2 it's a great balance between the G502 and ULTRA light mice like any of the Finalmouse mice. Also, it has the renowned HERO sensor which is always a plus.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

On 3/21/2019 at 4:43 AM, Cereal5 said:

Every brand has good an bad options. Except Razer, they just make bad options

Other than that I have nothing to add.

Razor don't make bad options just expensive options.

id recommend the GPW, it's light, wireless and has great build quality.

6 hours ago, b emoji said:

There's  

We've had this discussion before. Just because you and the alleged "keyboard enthusiasts" like it, doesn't mean it's the best. You can have your preference but that doesn't make it better. 

If Luke likes it the best, I trust he did his research. No thank you.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

can only talk for what i have and i personally love my setup right now:

Logitech G513 Keyboard : Very stealthy and professional looking with all the gaming features i could ever want like all programmable keys and individual rgb lighting. also really heavy duty build quality

Logitech MX Master: you might as well get the master 2 at this point but i can only continue to recommend this thing to anyone asking. again very professional look. very stealthy but enough customizable buttons for any case and the thumb wheel is awesome. battery live is the best ive seen so far from a mouse.

but then im not a "pro gamer" i dont do fast fps alot and even if i still couldnt compare to faster mice or other keyboards. i play very casually but in games like borderlands, wildlands, farcry and stuff like that i have not yet had any complaints whatsoever 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

18 hours ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

I’m okay with like 5-6 at most, don’t use a lot of them. I use right hand so ambi design doesn’t matter. Although I do like 2 buttons on the side. My macros, I just can’t get used to going over to them, so yeah

you realize you can do macros on any keys on the keyboard right? The G keys are just specifically for macros...

Also since you just want to mouse to fit well in the hand I really think you should at least look at the new Mx518. I loved my old one, haven't really seen the new one. Otherwise my Corsair Sabre RGB is pretty nice too. Went with corsair to match my keyboard and only needing one set of software for it instead of needing to run 5 different pieces of software for all my peripherals.