Virus

20 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Because the free download button downloads it...

Well I talked to my dad and we are just going to go to my restore point so it will be gone!

19 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

Well I talked to my dad and we are just going to go to my restore point so it will be gone!

I think some viruses can edit restore points so that method won’t work on them

npt sure, I’ve heard that though

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

20 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

I think some viruses can edit restore points so that method won’t work on them

npt sure, I’ve heard that though

So looked stuff up then found this! So it’s under something called “Work Group Inc.” So I’m going to uninstall that and if it doesn’t work then I will do the restore point method. I don’t think it will be on the restore point because IdlBuddy isn’t a sting virus. It didn’t brick my pc and it’s not doing like anything according to task manager so yeah. 

6EB28F9A-A65B-433E-836F-3F3B9018CCBE.png

I have seen several comments regarding Malware Bytes, which is good, which is an excellent way to clear it up. If your running Win ten, then you can sign up to their insider's program and turn on windows sandbox, which is not perfect but it can contain most commodity malware.  otherwise then I would recommend getting a VM solution, i.e. Virtual Box or VMWare.  Or, look into Avast premium as I believe it has a sandbox feature built in.

Would definitely recommend MalwareBytes. The most surefire way if clearing the virus though is moving important files onto a cloud solution (probably onedrive) and reinstalling windows completely. If playing with viruses is your thing, invest time into getting a virtual machine, virtualbox is free and fairly user friendly. Also make sure to enable virtualisation in the BIOS, and an iso is needed for windows 10, which can be created using the windows media creation tool. If you run into any issues with that the forum is happy to help

On 3/20/2019 at 5:40 PM, Highkeywalts said:

Hello, this is my first time on the specific forum. So just some background. I am 14. So I downloaded a file that I knew had a virus in it. You are probably saying “then why the F did you download it?” Well I downloaded it because I would use what I needed from it then delete it from my PC.
    So let’s start with the problem. Sooo I downloaded the file and got the virus(obviously). So I didn’t even use the thing I needed because I realize “why did the F I actually download this?” So I delayed everything that came with the virus expect this  thing called “IdleBuddy.” I don’t know if you have ever heard of it but here is a link to know what “IdleBuddy” is(https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-idle-buddy-virus.html). So let’s continue. So I went into Control Panel and Uninstalled “IdleBuddy” from the Control Panel. So I cleaned the Control Panel checked and saw it wasn’t there right. YAY! So I restarted my PC just to make sure and when I did restart it on the bottom right it popped up(it meaning “IdleBuddy”). And I WAS F******K pissed. So. I was scrambling to get rid of it looking up everything. I did a lot. I’m Task Manger it shows that it is running in the background I end the task but it pops back up. So I know clearly know that it’s not gone.(it’s meaning “IdleBuddy). 
     So I’m here to see if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. Please reply if you know how. Sorry if I misspelled.
                                                    -Thank you

Follow this site, running 1 or all 3 of the scanning tools, and go from there. https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-idlebuddy/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)