Virus

Hello, this is my first time on the specific forum. So just some background. I am 14. So I downloaded a file that I knew had a virus in it. You are probably saying “then why the F did you download it?” Well I downloaded it because I would use what I needed from it then delete it from my PC.
    So let’s start with the problem. Sooo I downloaded the file and got the virus(obviously). So I didn’t even use the thing I needed because I realize “why did the F I actually download this?” So I delayed everything that came with the virus expect this  thing called “IdleBuddy.” I don’t know if you have ever heard of it but here is a link to know what “IdleBuddy” is(https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-idle-buddy-virus.html). So let’s continue. So I went into Control Panel and Uninstalled “IdleBuddy” from the Control Panel. So I cleaned the Control Panel checked and saw it wasn’t there right. YAY! So I restarted my PC just to make sure and when I did restart it on the bottom right it popped up(it meaning “IdleBuddy”). And I WAS F******K pissed. So. I was scrambling to get rid of it looking up everything. I did a lot. I’m Task Manger it shows that it is running in the background I end the task but it pops back up. So I know clearly know that it’s not gone.(it’s meaning “IdleBuddy). 
     So I’m here to see if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. Please reply if you know how. Sorry if I misspelled.
                                                    -Thank you

Get malawarebytes

honestly if you KNOW it has a virus, don’t get it. There are viruses that can brick your computer in seconds. So if it has a virus just skip it. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

5 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Get malawarebytes

honestly if you KNOW it has a virus, don’t get it. There are viruses that can brick your computer in seconds. So if it has a virus just skip it. 

Hello wow that was quick for a response. Yeha I don’t know what I was thinking at the time. So you and another guy said Malawarebytes. Is it free and is it really that good?

Just now, Highkeywalts said:

Hello wow that was quick for a response. Yeha I don’t know what I was thinking at the time. So you and another guy said Malawarebytes. Is it free and is it really that good?

I would tell you to Google it, but apparently I'm not allowed to by the forum code of conduct.

So, the answer is yes.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

I would tell you to Google it, but apparently I'm not allowed to by the forum code of conduct.

So, the answer is yes.

I have googled it multiple times but nothing works

5 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

There’s a free and paige version if I remember correctly... 

i had it for my laptop top when I had 800+ viruses, and the free version saved me from having to buy a new one. I think the pro version has features like auto scan where it scans frequently

but to answer your question, yes, there is a free version and yes, it is great. I give a solid 8/10 (would be 10/10, but I’m a developer so it commonly marks my scripts I write as a virus)

i was 14 too at one point, like, last year ??

I have googled it multiple times but nothing works

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

There’s a free and paige version if I remember correctly... 

i had it for my laptop top when I had 800+ viruses, and the free version saved me from having to buy a new one. I think the pro version has features like auto scan where it scans frequently

but to answer your question, yes, there is a free version and yes, it is great. I give a solid 8/10 (would be 10/10, but I’m a developer so it commonly marks my scripts I write as a virus)

i was 14 too at one point, like, last year ??

Ok. Thanks for the help but I’m going to wait for more responses hopefully telling how to do it without downloading anything.

Ok. Thanks for the help but I’m going to wait for more responses hopefully telling how to do it without downloading anything.

But if no one knows how I will be downloading that!

2 hours ago, Highkeywalts said:

might not irradiate the "virus" but you could try opening task manager, select more details, and then locate the virus (if it's not hidden). right click it and then select "open file location." now just delete it or corrupt it or whatever ya wanna do.

note that this is a cheap and ineffective way to go about this. and you'd be better off thoroughly wiping it using Malwarebytes in windows safe mode.

I'm also 14, can relate to having a bunch of viruses on my PC. 

Download Malwarebytes and run a full system scan, it should remove any viruses you have. I have Malwarebytes, it works great.

38 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

There are viruses that can brick your computer in seconds.

They can trash your OS but you'll be hard pressed to find something that'll cause hardware to brick.

@Highkeywalts try to avoid downloading anything suspicious especially if you already know it's bad. If you absolutely must run a malicious file, use Sandboxie or a VM.

A girl who loves to love.

11 minutes ago, Aimi said:

They can trash your OS but you'll be hard pressed to find something that'll cause hardware to brick.

Yeah but I’ve seen one that runs a variety of scripts the SECOND it is run, and I guess it was misworded, but it heated up the system so badly that the fans just quit, which resulted in many parts burning

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Yeah but I’ve seen one that runs a variety of scripts the SECOND it is run, and I guess it was misworded, but it heated up the system so badly that the fans just quit, which resulted in many parts burning

Ah, I was thinking along the lines of CIH where it trashed your BIOS completely.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

Ah, I was thinking along the lines of CIH where it trashed your BIOS completely.

Nah, 

and ive never heard of it. I had 800+ on my laptop at one point (yes, the laptop I have now) and I didn’t think to look into where any of them came from

probavly the 200gb of software I downloaded from third party sites for free

Just now, ReggieGRS said:

Is virus total a reliable way to find out if a file is green to download or not?

Reliable, yes, but don't expect it to pick up everything, and keep in mind some scanners will report false positives.

3 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Get malawarebytes

I run windows viruses sometimes on linux just for funs and giggles. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

19 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Get malawarebytes

Hey could you send me the link for the anti-virus software(malawerebytes). I just want the real version of it that’s all. If so that will be great but if not that’s perfectly fine!

34 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

Hey could you send me the link for the anti-virus software(malawerebytes). I just want the real version of it that’s all. If so that will be great but if not that’s perfectly fine!

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

This is a direct download link for Malwarebytes that also includes instructions to install it.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

I have no idea why one would purposely download a known infected file for any reason unless your intention was indeed infecting your computer. The amount of time and effort to clean your PC and fix broken software may very well exceed the time spent just reinstalling everything.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

21 hours ago, cru3211 said:

might not irradiate the "virus" but you could try opening task manager, select more details, and then locate the virus (if it's not hidden). right click it and then select "open file location." now just delete it or corrupt it or whatever ya wanna do.

note that this is a cheap and ineffective way to go about this. and you'd be better off thoroughly wiping it using Malwarebytes in windows safe mode.

i did that but  it says i can not delete it

27 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

why does it auto download when I press "FREE DOWNLOAD"? WTF!?

Because the free download button downloads it...