Good port diameter for Dayton Audio SD215A-88?

WolfireSounds

I was going to build a subwoofer cabinet with the Dayton Audio SD215A-88, but I don't know what diameter port I should get. What I am planning is to tune it to 31hz, and then the box will be 1.42 cubic feet (40.21 Liters)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, WolfireSounds said:

I was going to build a subwoofer cabinet with the Dayton Audio SD215A-88, but I don't know what diameter port I should get. What I am planning is to tune it to 31hz, and then the box will be 1.42 cubic feet (40.21 Liters)

Cut a small hole, see how it sounds, obviously you will hear air noise but still. then cut a bigger hole if needs be. Also look at tutorials, figuring out port diameter is very hard to do if the displacement of the driver is unknown and the resonances in the box etc, also have a read through of this: http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)