Epic Games announces a slew of more EGS exclusives, including The Outer Worlds and Heavy Rain

Delicieuxz
5 hours ago, MyName13 said:

What's the deal with this Epic hate train?Before their store everyone complained how Steam had no competition, what has changed now?It's as if most users who complain are Steam bots.Thanks to Epic (probably?) PC gamers now have access to console exclusives.I wonder how they have managed to do that, it would be crazy to pump large amounts of money to developers of these exclusives.

The "hate train" is in regards to how Epic is doing it. If Epic used their Fortnite money to build a good feature rich platform that attracted devs to list games on it nobody would be complaining, minus the whole spying part.

Instead, Epic created a very substandard store and is using its Fortnite money to pay for exclusivity deals with devs to lock games into their shit platform. I'll say what I said previously again: Paid exclusivity deals aren't competition, it's anti-consumer. If Epic didn't have exclusivity deals they wouldn't be "competing" because nobody would buy their games there due to the store being shit. True competition is letting devs sell their games on multiple platforms and then letting the customer pick which they want to purchase. Not locking a dev to one platform and then going "man our store is doing so great, everyone buys the games we list".

tl:dr is that if you want paid exclusivity deals go play on console because that's their shtick, don't bring that shit to PC...

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

If Valve wanted to seem more like the good guy, they would come out saying something like if a company shows them the ammount of money Epic wants to pay then for exclusivity, Valve would pay them 70% or something of that to make them not be exclusive.

It's just an idea....

The problem is that these are backroom deals that nobody knows about until Epic and the dev announce it. Remember, Metro Exodus was originally on Steam as well until it suddenly wasn't...

36 minutes ago, Humbug said:

To be clear on this, steam does not have any contractually obligated paid exclusives.

They do have some exclusives, simply based on the fact that some devs decided not to sell via any other store, but those devs have the freedom to do so at any time...

Okay maybe they do but it never bother us to this day at least me and some people i know..i cant speak for other people..though i am sure they're okay with it.

The difference is that like you said they didnt do what EGS or even sony did by making the Devs sign on some contract or straight bribing them to make some exclusives out of it.

As if the devs well that's their freedom..although its kinda stupid imo because why do that when you can make more money by making it available on all games distribution platform.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

17 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Outer worlds and heavy rain torrents just spiked

I guess I will have to use the windows store now for outer worlds. 

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

The problem is that these are backroom deals that nobody knows about until Epic and the dev announce it. Remember, Metro Exodus was originally on Steam as well until it suddenly wasn't...

Well, in that example, the device would have to go to steam, but I guess if it's not guaranteed, they wouldn't because then Epic might take away their offer and they sit with nothing...

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

15 hours ago, RotoCoreOne said:

I want to apologize for my opinions first and foremost:

1. I don't understand what the hubbub is all about against EGS. It's not like I have to buy a new PC to be able to use it separate from steam.

2. There have been other games stores (gog) but I wouldn't say that they compete with steam, so I don't know how, other than exclusivity, EGS can actually take marketshare and compete against steam.

3. I rarely browse the steam store these days, there's so many many games that I feel are total waste of time and it's hard to filter out the decent and good games (talking about indie games here).

4. I understand EGS doesn't have as many features as Steam, but Steam has had years to work on these features. As far as I know, EGS is less than a year old(?)

Please shed some light because I really don't get the hate.

They can seperate their store from steam by first not being complete garbage and fix their security issues. I mean one way would be to do exactly what you described that steam is lacking. Better ways to find good games. I try to find good games by looking at best selling but that often times doesn't work so well so having better searching options would be a good way to set themselves apart. Their current strategy is just idiotic. They should just put the time and money into making their platform better rather than buying exclusives. 

14 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

You know what’s funny?

Obsidian is owned by Microsoft.

It’ll apparently also be available on the Microsoft Store.

Maybe this is a strategy to get people to use the Microsoft store kinda like ubisoft with the division 2 ?

14 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

The fact that you survived 16 hours of Putt-Putt speaks to the endurance of your soul. 

Putt-Putt is a classic. How you gonna do putt-putt like that ?

37 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I guess I will have to use the windows store now for outer worlds. 

Windows Store is surprisingly decent, be even better if we got it for Xbox for buying it on Windows Store too

9 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Windows Store is surprisingly decent, be even better if we got it for Xbox for buying it on Windows Store too

Still pretty mediocre but I trust Microsoft to keep my card Information better protected than epic.  

Microsoft has the worst reputation in PC gaming history due to repeatedly making pledges of support to PC gaming that never manifested into reality, shutting down beloved game developers, having a terrible platform with awful functionality, and randomly shuttering that platform screwing over everyone who bought something from it. I don't consider the Microsoft Store an alternative to EGS.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Oh the double standards being displayed in yet another epic games thread...

Steam is only marginally less terrible and it's about time valve is knocked off the pedestal modern day gamers place it on.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Microsoft has the worst reputation in PC gaming history due to repeatedly making pledges of support to PC gaming that never manifested into reality, shutting down beloved game developers, having a terrible platform with awful functionality, and randomly shuttering that platform screwing over everyone who bought something from it. I don't consider the Microsoft Store an alternative to EGS.

I personally would get Outer Worlds on Windows Store over EGS simply because I've used it before in the past and never had any sort of trouble with it. The store itself just has the problem that much of it is pretty much junk software plus it's interface is fairly clunky and not that suitable for the average consumer. It misses a few things as well.

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

41 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Oh the double standards being displayed in yet another epic games thread...

Steam is only marginally less terrible and it's about time valve is knocked off the pedestal modern day gamers place it on.

Another shitting on Steam for no reason yet again, and without reading through the thread first.

Your claim of "Steam is only marginally less terrible" is completely false when EGS doesn't have the same features as Steam, even basic stuff like social integration such as a chat, friends list, and game reviews, or a forum. EGS is much worse with its spying and anti-competitive exclusive games being bought up with Fortnite money.

Steam is successful and given such a high reputation because of its features on a platform people actually want to buy games on.

40 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Another shitting on Steam for no reason yet again, and without reading through the thread first.

Your claim of "Steam is only marginally less terrible" is completely false when EGS doesn't have the same features as Steam, even basic stuff like social integration such as a chat, friends list, and game reviews, or a forum. EGS is much worse with its spying and anti-competitive exclusive games being bought up with Fortnite money.

Steam is successful and given such a high reputation because of its features on a platform people actually want to buy games on.

And here come the excuses.........................

None of that shit matters. I buy games to play them not talk about them on a forum.

And if you think steam doesn't harvest your data then I've got ocean front property in Montana to sell you.

31 minutes ago, Hellion said:

None of that shit matters. I buy games to play them not talk about them on a forum.

And if you think steam doesn't harvest your data then I've got ocean front property in Montana to sell you.

Their comment wasn't an excuse, but presented real factors.

In the overall discussion of whether one platform is better or worse than another for everyone and the industry, why you personally buy games is mostly irrelevant. And when you reduce the discussion to 'I buy games to play them and don't care what platform they're on', then you aren't really discussing the same topic as everybody else, and your statement about your isolated cares regarding gaming don't make a comment on the greater topic of discussion.

Calling Steam marginally worse than EGS is extremely disconnected from the reality of things.

Inarguably, EGS pales in comparison to Steam when it comes to platform features.

Valve have constantly innovated through their Steam platform, and tried to see what is possible for PC gaming as a whole (Linux gaming, Steam Machines, Steam Link), with there being a focus on benefits to the consumer.

EGS has thuggish business practices and no real consumer-friendly policies. In fact, Tim Sweeney has basically said the consumer doesn't matter:

Epic Boss Says Developers Will Decide Who Wins The Game Store Wars, Not Consumers

Tim Sweeney also doesn't have a vision for PC gaming other than forced market dominance:

Tim Sweeney Believes Digital Storefront Ecosystem Is “nearly Perfect for Consumers” at This Point

Epic Games also abandoned PC gaming when consoles became popular. Valve didn't, and instead made PC gaming their focus.

EGS is just there for the prospective profits and has expressed many profit-centric opinions, while having not expressed any concern about customer rights and experience, or improvement of PC gaming platforms as a whole. Rather, the CEO of Epic Games has expressed that he doesn't  think there is any room left to improve PC gaming platforms. He is just looking to do the bare minimum necessary and then to pay to not be competed with. He's a psychopath and a thug with no consideration for gamers or the health of the industry.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

15 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Their comment wasn't an excuse, but presented real factors.

In the overall discussion of whether one platform is better or worse than another for everyone and the industry, why you personally buy games is mostly irrelevant. And when you reduce the discussion to 'I buy games to play them and don't care what platform they're on', then you aren't really discussing the same topic as everybody else, and your statement about your isolated cares regarding gaming don't make a comment on the greater topic of discussion.

Calling Steam marginally worse than EGS is extremely disconnected from the reality of things.

Inarguably, EGS pales in comparison to Steam when it comes to platform features.

Valve have constantly innovated through their Steam platform, and tried to see what is possible for PC gaming as a whole (Linux gaming, Steam Machines, Steam boxes, Steam Link), with there being a focus on benefits to the consumer.

EGS has thuggish business practices and no real consumer-friendly policies. In fact, Tim Sweeney has basically said the consumer doesn't matter:

Epic Boss Says Developers Will Decide Who Wins The Game Store Wars, Not Consumers

Tim Sweeney also doesn't have a vision for PC gaming other than forced market dominance:

Tim Sweeney Believes Digital Storefront Ecosystem Is “nearly Perfect for Consumers” at This Point

Epic Games also abandoned PC gaming when consoles became popular. Valve didn't, and instead made PC gaming their focus.

EGS is just there for the prospective profits and has expressed many profit-centric opinions, while having not expressed any concern about customer rights and experience, or improvement of PC gaming platforms as a whole. Rather, the CEO of Epic Games has expressed that he doesn't  think there is any room left to improve PC gaming platforms. He is just looking to do the bare minimum necessary and then to pay to not be competed with. He's a psychopath and a thug with no consideration for gamers or the health of the industry.

All that typing without mentioning that steam is a DRM client, mean while your entire point boilds down to anti-consumer practices.... Pot meet kettle...

Hell, just last week there was an article about how steam doesn't count reviews towards a games score during "review bombing" sprees. Ever stop to think that these sprees occured for a reason?

And I never said steam was worse, I said steam was only marginally less terrible. Might want to actually interpret what I typed before spewing off on a rant next time...

You can push steam all you want as some sort of saviour. At the end of the day they popularized digital only games and forcing an internet connection to obtain them.

Your precious steam is no angel. Look at the big picture rather then your narrow view of "epic is bad".

1 minute ago, Hellion said:

All that typing without mentioning that steam is a DRM client, mean while your entire point boilds down to anti-consumer practices.... Pot meet kettle...

Hell, just last week there was an article about how steam doesn't count reviews towards a games score during "review bombing" sprees. Ever stop to think that these sprees occured for a reason?

You can push steam all you want as some sort of saviour. At the end of the day they popularized digital only games and forcing an internet connection to obtain them.

Your precious steam is no angel. Look at the big picture rather then your narrow view of "epic is bad".

You've just posted a load of illogic and agenda-based sentiment, but not made any valid argument.

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

You've just posted a load of illogic and agenda-based sentiment, but not made any valid argument.

And all you've done thus far is make excuses in attempt in validate steam while selectively choosing which parts of epic to whine about meanwhile ignoring that they both employ a lot of the same anti-consumer practices.

7 minutes ago, Hellion said:

And all you've done thus far is make excuses in attempt in validate steam while selectively choosing which parts of epic to whine about meanwhile ignoring that they both employ a lot of the same anti-consumer practices.

No. People have presented you with actual reasoning, comparisons, and points, and all you've done is naysay and stick to a bogus line of Valve and Epic being close to the same, when they're dramatically different in history, philosophy, and practice.

What you call excuses are not excuses, but reasons. Your skills of logic and English both appear to leave a lot to be desired.

11 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

No. People have presented you with actual reasoning, comparisons, and points, and all you've done is naysay and stick to a bogus line of Valve and Epic being close to the same, when they're dramatically different in history, philosophy, and practice.

What you call excuses are not excuses, but reasons. Your skills of logic and English both appear to leave a lot to be desired.

They are excuses. Any time someone compares the two it's always "BUT MAH FORUM", "BUT MAH CHAT", "BUT MAH TRADING CARDZ". Meanwhile ignoring the basis any distribution platform that requires you to install a client before being able to buy a game has in common.

You want to talk about my "dismissal of features"? how about we dicuss your avoidance of the points I've brought up.

That aside, do you work for valve? I sure hope they are paying you something for all this time you've spent in place of their marketing team mindlessly defending the platform. It truely wouldn't make sense unless you have skin in the game...

18 minutes ago, Hellion said:

They are excuses. Any time someone compares the two it's always "BUT MAH FORUM", "BUT MAH CHAT", "BUT MAH TRADING CARDZ". Meanwhile ignoring the basis any distribution platform that requires you to install a client before being able to buy a game has in common.

You want to talk about my "dismissal of features"? how about we dicuss your avoidance of the points I've brought up.

That aside, do you work for valve? I sure hope they are paying you something for all this time you've spent in place of their marketing team mindlessly defending the platform. It truely wouldn't make sense unless you have skin in the game...

Wow. You've blown me away with how dense and foolish you are. It must be tough to not be able to make sense of anything going on around you due to having such a tenuous grasp on language and thinking.

People haven't given you excuses - consult a dictionary if you require clarification on that point.

Your "BUT MUH" rhetoric makes you out to be an imbecile.

No one mentioned a "dismissal of features", so who knows what you're talking about there and why you put it in quotations when it isn't a quote.

And you haven't brought up any points, so there haven't been any to avoid. You've just called everyone else's points "excuses" - which they're not.

Are you done ranting like a petulant child who doesn't know what they're trying to say and just wants attention? People have made efforts to be reasonable with you despite your attacks and ridiculous assertions, but you clearly are beneath such overtures.

8 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Putt-Putt is a classic. How you gonna do putt-putt like that ?

I'm sorry! I don't feel like defending Putt-putt Visits the Zoo Putt-putt's Have Mercy on My Soul for I Have Sinned

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, Hellion said:

Have you considered using GoG galaxy.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

2 hours ago, Hellion said:

And I never said steam was worse, I said steam was only marginally less terrible. Might want to actually interpret what I typed before spewing off on a rant next time...

So you're comparing DRM which is necessary for developers to protect their IP, to EGS and their client taking installed game data from the Steam folder, and an anti-competitive business practice of holding games exclusive to only their store.

What Steam wants to do with "review bombing" in some cases may be needed,its not good to do on every game page, but its pretty much nothing compared to what EGS is doing bribing game publishers to put their games on the EGS client, and making pre-orders available only on EGS that were supposed to be open to Steam and GOG.

Except Steam doesn't force you to only use their client and doesn't hold games exclusive to only their store.

And you're trying to make the excuse that the anti-competitive and anti-consumer practices of Epic Games is somehow any competition to Steam.

3 hours ago, Hellion said:

Many people like to look on a forum to see if a game they're about to buy is worth buying, or through the reviews page on the storefront, Steam has those features.

I'd like to see some proof that Steam harvests your data.