Are CableMod PRO ModMesh Extension Kit safe to use?

Lived

Can buy CableMod PRO ModMesh Extension Kit at a local store. They say the cables work with every powersupply.

But I have heard on the world wide web that extensions can cause power ripple and that Evga has capacitors and double wire which these extension doesn´t have. This can according to some break hardware and be a cause of fire.

I am using an EVGA Supernova 850 G2 in a 9900k build. What extensions would you recommend me to use. Its only for 24-pin and two 8-pin (gpu).

Best regards

Lived

I recommend avoiding extensions in general. Especially since that's the point of having a fully modular PSU. Get replacement cables, made specifically for your PSU. 

:)

Thanks for your suggestions.I would get replacement cables if it was not so expensive.

18 hours ago, Lived said:

I am using an EVGA Supernova 850 G2 in a 9900k build. What extensions would you recommend me to use. Its only for 24-pin and two 8-pin (gpu).

I would recommend NOT getting extensions and getting the correct cables for your PSU.

You're saying the exensions are cheaper than the correct cables?  That doesn't sound right.  Are you comparing apples to apples (i.e. two extension cables vs. two replacement cables or are you comparing two extension cables vs. a whole cable set?)

4 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I would recommend NOT getting extensions and getting the correct cables for your PSU.

You're saying the exensions are cheaper than the correct cables?  That doesn't sound right.  Are you comparing apples to apples (i.e. two extension cables vs. two replacement cables or are you comparing two extension cables vs. a whole cable set?)

I live in a country where shipment cost is rather expensive and getting something fast and easy from a local store is much easier. I have also been to EVGA website and the price I guess ain´t to bad. But getting just the cables I need and in the right color carbon/dark red seems impossible. But from the sound of you it seems extensions are very bad indeed. So I guess I`m using original cables for now and later white EVGA cables (even tho it´s not the color I really wanted) when they go on sale.

4 hours ago, Lived said:

I live in a country where shipment cost is rather expensive and getting something fast and easy from a local store is much easier. I have also been to EVGA website and the price I guess ain´t to bad. But getting just the cables I need and in the right color carbon/dark red seems impossible. But from the sound of you it seems extensions are very bad indeed. So I guess I`m using original cables for now and later white EVGA cables (even tho it´s not the color I really wanted) when they go on sale.

Oh... Ok..   Got it.

When you don't list your location, we have no idea you can't order direct from Cablemod, Amazon, Newegg, etc.

For all I know, you're in New Jersey.  ;)