Advice wanted on buying an always on screen for stats display

Ethnod

We are looking to get a screen at my work for displaying team stats and I am looking for some advice.

Im not sure if burn in is a thing anymore and seeing as this screen would probably be on 24/7 (or at least 10-12 hours a day) with the same grid display on it I am concerned that within a year or 2 it will be useless as the same grid and possibly information will be burnt into it.

Any suggestions on what we should buy?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

As long as you don't get anything OLED or super cheap, you should probably be fine.

If you have a budget, size and other requirements for us, we can help you choose a specific model. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

15 minutes ago, Ethnod said:

We are looking to get a screen at my work for displaying team stats and I am looking for some advice.

Im not sure if burn in is a thing anymore and seeing as this screen would probably be on 24/7 (or at least 10-12 hours a day) with the same grid display on it I am concerned that within a year or 2 it will be useless as the same grid and possibly information will be burnt into it.

I haven't heard any modern TN-panel suffering from burn-in or the likes. OLED, yes, and I hear IPS can do it as well, but TN? Nope.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I haven't heard any modern TN-panel suffering from burn-in or the likes. OLED, yes, and I hear IPS can do it as well, but TN? Nope.

Never heard of IPS either, but for that kind of monitor usage I guess why not save a buck...

(Unless they need good viewing angles)

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

I've no idea of budget, as for size probably 50/60 inch. Its a suggestion that we might be running (turning 2 stats boards we have as white boards to start using screens) but someone asked how much would it cost and hence my comment of would depend on what type of screen we buy, as there would most likely be a white screen with a static grid on it I was concerned that the grid and titles at least might burn in, then the numbers might also burn in if they are there long enough.

I know there are no guarantees but I am looking for some guide lines that will help avoid burn in, but guidelines that mean I do not suggest simply buying the most expensive screen as that will simply get shot down on principle I'd imagine.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly