New EU fine for Google: 1,49 billion € for search ad blocks

Mihle

This fine is the third antitrust fine  EU have given Google the past two years.

So what did Google do?:

The misconduct included stopping publishers from placing any search adverts from competitors on their search results pages, forcing them to reserve the most profitable space on their search results pages for Google's adverts and a requirement to seek written approval from Google before making changes to the way in which any rival adverts were displayed.

It seems like it was Microsoft that pointed EU in the direction of this:

The AdSense advertising case was triggered by a complaint from Microsoft in 2010. Both companies subsequently dropped complaints against each other in 2016.

My Opinion:
I think its good that EU tries to stop Google doing anti competitive things, So I am happy. 
But I bet google have earned more than the fine from doing this in the past years.

Source:
https://www.euronews.com/2019/03/20/eu-antitrust-chief-news-conference-at-1030-gmt-google-likely-in-focus
Another one:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/business/google-fine-european-union.html

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Damn it, I just noticed that two people was faster than me :(

Just close this then

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking