Android wont connect to home wifi

Daftlander

So I have an OnePlus 6t. Apart from a loose USB-C port I had to have fixed it's been great. Over the last few days however it has been dropping off my home network (BT Hub 5 by the way) and refusing to reconnect. 

It works for a long while and then stops and says it has an authentication error. I've tired restarting the phone, forgetting and relogging into the network, restarting the router. Only the latter seems to work and I can't restart it everyday as I have other people in the house who will beat me to death if I cut them off mid gaming session. After while it seems to reconnect on its own (20-30 mins) but looking at the connection it also looks like it is 2.4Ghz when both the router and the phone are capable of 5Ghz. 

Whats going on here? How do I fix this?

13 minutes ago, Daftlander said:

I'd start by looking in the router settings. Perhaps a firmware update to it. It has been my experience that home-focused routers suck hard. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Daftlander said:

So I have an OnePlus 6t. Apart from a loose USB-C port I had to have fixed it's been great. Over the last few days however it has been dropping off my home network (BT Hub 5 by the way) and refusing to reconnect. 

It works for a long while and then stops and says it has an authentication error. I've tired restarting the phone, forgetting and relogging into the network, restarting the router. Only the latter seems to work and I can't restart it everyday as I have other people in the house who will beat me to death if I cut them off mid gaming session. After while it seems to reconnect on its own (20-30 mins) but looking at the connection it also looks like it is 2.4Ghz when both the router and the phone are capable of 5Ghz. 

Well considering the One Plus 3T has issues with Bluetooth, I'm not surprised. It could be a faulty radio in the phone. Or your router needs a firmware update. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.