Blender\Lumion

Hi, i would like to know if blender and Lumion use the same algorithm for renders( i don't know how to describe so i just assume is all like an algorithm), because much of the test are made on 3d mark\blender, so i get in mind maybe i can use the blender test to have a comparison with lumion. 

Thanks guys, have a nice day.

which blender renderer are you talking of? Cycles (the most recent one) will probably be the closest to Lumion, there will be differences in the algorithm (blender is open source, as far as I can tell Lumion is not so B can't use code from L)

2 hours ago, Cansel said:

which blender renderer are you talking of? Cycles (the most recent one) will probably be the closest to Lumion, there will be differences in the algorithm (blender is open source, as far as I can tell Lumion is not so B can't use code from L)

didn't know there was more of a blender, how much of they are? so cycles would be the closest but still so distance from lumion?

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

Lumion's GPU-based as far as I can tell (no one has reviewed hardware around lumion yet), so I kinda doubt it's an apples-to-apples comparison (unless you force Blender to render off the GPU, but it's best to check render times and image differences between the two renderers first)

Yeah lumion is a GPU based render also VRAY is a GPU based i think instead of Revit who is based on CPU render.

I thinked that blender was a Render GPU machine, it's seem i was mistake,

Spoiler

fuck

xD

There's an old renderer still included inside blender that's CPU based only, Cycles can run on both CPU or GPU (not at the same time).
You have to change a couple settings to optimize the runtime if you use a CPU or a GPU for Cycles: it renders by block, CPU runs faster with big block whereas GPU likes smaller blocks (or might be the opposite, not to sure anymore)