Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G9XFTW

My PC can't handle the previous stream quality anymore.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I like to stream on twitch and youtube sometimes. Now here are my previous settings to the best of my knowledge.

These settings were applied on my fx 8320 system with hd 7950 I believe

Bitrate 3000 - 4000 kbps/- at best, 20Mbps -25Mbps broadband

Res: 1920 x 810 (ultrawide)

Audio bit rate: 128- 160 kbps, I would change on the fly if I felt stream had problems.

Maybe one or two image source on OBS. For a long time (6 months or so) these settings worked just fine.

Then came my ryzen+ 2600 system with gtx 1060 6GB which I have had for another 6 months now.

Bitrate 3500 - 5000kbps/- at best, 20Mbps - 35Mbps broadband

Res: 1920 x 810 (ultrawide) then brought down to 1280 x 720 at least.

Audio bit rate: 128kbps

Maybe one or two image source on OBS.

I have tried many more settings as well. But tried not go below 2,500, 720p, 30fps. The problem persists. Outside of gaming I have not tried any other apps like video editing yet. I even just streamed my bloody desktop just to see, and yes, there was some stutter in the stream then too. All done on private stream of course.

Now no matter what CPU preset I chose, or what I change, my stream FPS is pretty poor all the time, like 10 or 18 or 25fps. My games themselves run fine like 50-60fps or more on high settings 2560x1080. This same PC was streaming fine on the mentioned settings, but all of a sudden in the last few weeks I have been struggling to get it to work right. In those weeks I have installed new HDD, new 8GB RAM stick, had a major windows update, and updated the graphics driver after many months. My PC also does get like 10 frozen frames from time to time, when playing any game, Dying Light, CSGO, Apex. The occurrences may have lowered or maybe my brain just ignores them now. Help/ advice is appreciated.

Are you dropping any frames while streaming? What is your CPU usage like?

I see two big things. Windows update and GPU driver update. Both these can be factors on how streaming goes. GPU driver is easy to test out as you can install both older and beta drivers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 3/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Are you dropping any frames while streaming? What is your CPU usage like?

I see two big things. Windows update and GPU driver update. Both these can be factors on how streaming goes. GPU driver is easy to test out as you can install both older and beta drivers.

The cpu usage does not seem above much at the below setting. Nor does it seem high while streaming and gaming. Not sure to be honest, but I remember it being below 70% for the most part, streaming or no streaming.

For now I have resorted to ultra fast preset for the CPU. And playing on medium graphics on apex. That is what I stream almost all the sessions. 720p/ 30fps/ 3500kbps with black bars. The minute I got to 4000kbps it stutters.

As for dropped frames, I don't think so. However, for 30fps recording setting it ends up recording under 30fps varying from 24-30fps. Same went for 60fps. I switched my pc from Ryzen balanced power plan to high performance power plan. Lets see how that works.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it.