Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Need help deciding at the moment i have a i3 3220 rx 580 i have a i7 8700 but i need to upgrade my ram mobo and psu that is going to cost me at lease 160$  if lucky.

The 8700 i have i was thinking on putting it up for sale to just get a ryzen 3 2200g, ASRock B450 PRO4, ram and psu. I game a lot and only use 1 pc so not just meant for gaming but for overall use. I am aiming for mid to high graphic game play and seeing how some games suggest ryzen 5 i might go with ryzen 5, suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, neo armstrong cyclone jet said:

Need help deciding at the moment i have a i3 3220 rx 580 i have a i7 8700 but i need to upgrade my ram mobo and psu that is going to cost me at lease 160$  if lucky.

The 8700 i have i was thinking on putting it up for sale to just get a ryzen 3 2200g, ASRock B450 PRO4, ram and psu. I game a lot and only use 1 pc so not just meant for gaming but for overall use. I am aiming for mid to high graphic game play and seeing how some games suggest ryzen 5 i might go with ryzen 5, suggestions?

As in you're going to sell the i7 8700?

 

If you do that you can get a Ryzen 7 1700 + motherboard and 16GBs of RAM for near the retail cost of the 8700
 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nWNwFt
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nWNwFt/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($158.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $318.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-20 02:19 EDT-0400


I edit my posts a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

As in you're going to sell the i7 8700?

 

If you do that you can get a Ryzen 7 1700 + motherboard and 16GBs of RAM for near the retail cost of the 8700
 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nWNwFt
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nWNwFt/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($158.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $318.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-20 02:19 EDT-0400

OH! didn't think of that..

that would be the better route for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes, get the complete Ryzen 5 setup with the price of 1 8700 cpu.

How good is that?

You can use the extra for RX580.

Just a stupid question but more stupid for me asking why do people prefer Intel instead of amd and it is hella cheaper?

Also i have a 580 so crossfire? how good it that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, neo armstrong cyclone jet said:

Just a stupid question but more stupid for me asking why do people prefer Intel instead of amd and it is hella cheaper?

Also i have a 580 so crossfire? how good it that?

Intel is a bit faster for gaming, but on average it's like 20-30 fps depending on the overclock.

Though Ryzen is still going to be at 90-100 fps or above in the average AAA game anyways.

Crossfire isn't worth it, just wait for NAVI to launch in june/july.


I edit my posts a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Intel is a bit faster for gaming, but on average it's like 20-30 fps depending on the overclock.

Though Ryzen is still going to be at 90-100 fps or above in the average AAA game anyways.

Crossfire isn't worth it, just wait for NAVI to launch in june/july.

Oh ok thanks like i got a rx 580 at the moment and getting killed due to cpu bottleneck.

My last concern is the watts seeing how for example the i7 8700 is 65 watts and the ryzen 7 was needing 105..  does that mean higher cost in electric bill over time? stupid to ask but just curious

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, neo armstrong cyclone jet said:

Oh ok thanks like i got a rx 580 at the moment and getting killed due to cpu bottleneck.

My last concern is the watts seeing how for example the i7 8700 is 65 watts and the ryzen 7 was needing 105..  does that mean higher cost in electric bill over time? stupid to ask but just curious

TDP is pretty useless, you want to look at a power draw chart

 

but Ryzen is just as efficient as modern intel chips, power draw will be the same or lower.


I edit my posts a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

TDP is pretty useless, you want to look at a power draw chart

 

but Ryzen is just as efficient as modern intel chips, power draw will be the same or lower.

Ah thanks so much this concludes my worries and has made me shift to ryzen

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, neo armstrong cyclone jet said:

Just a stupid question but more stupid for me asking why do people prefer Intel instead of amd and it is hella cheaper?

Also i have a 580 so crossfire? how good it that?

If you have a high refresh monitor, and a powerful enough graphics card, an unlocked Intel will perform up to 30% better than Ryzen when not GPU limited.

 

If you are playing at under 100hz it doesn't matter. Most people play on 60hz displays, so for most people it doesn't matter.


My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz delidded @1.355v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 UV/OC 1677core/1050hbm // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/120GB PNY CS900/480GB PNY CS1311/1TB Hitachi Deskstar // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248QG // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 

 

Wife's System: Ryzen 5 1600 3.8ghz // Wraith Spire // Gigabyte AX-370-Gaming // 16GB T-Force DDR4 2667 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB // Corsair Obsidian 750D // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital Blue // Displays: Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602

 

Son's System: i3-8350k 4.8ghz @ 1.35v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // ASUS Radeon RX 570 4GB // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

 

Daughter's System: i5-4570 // ASUS H81I-Plus // 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS2 1333 // Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Mini // Cooler Master Elite 130 // Corsair CX600M // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Western Digital Blue // Display: AOC 20" // HP Business Keyboard // HP Business Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×