Javascript enabled - Yes
Cookies enabled - Yes
Flash version - Not installed
Java version - Not installed
Websockets supported - Yes
Browser size - 1903 x 1009
Screen size - 1920 x 1080
Color depth - 24 bit

Your full user agent string is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.121 Safari/537.36

Screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.2f12af04c179c6a4406f6796f7f51b24.png

As seen here the forum seems to have a mind of it's own when looking for an image for a forum topic instead of just displaying nothing, including, but not limited to, following links and redirects. I'm unsure if this is normal behavior, however my minor concerns are as follows:

• By minor manipulation a user on the forum can make it appear the OP user posted content they did not.
  • By following links and redirects, the forum software useragent could be served specific, potentially explicit or rule violating media, while normal users would be served normal content

Regards

Edited by rcmaehl
Grammar

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Happened on this thread too:

(the image in the banner has been posted by me, not the OP, on page 2).

The one thing I see similarly between your example and mine, is that the image in the banner is the first posted image of the thread. That might be the reason it shows that picture?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The first image chronologically to be attached to the topic (as opposed to embedded from a third party source) is used as the poster image for the topic. It has been pointed out to IPS several times that they should at a minimum restrict that to images in the OP, but they've not shown much interest in changing it unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203

32 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The first image chronologically to be attached to the topic (as opposed to embedded from a third party source) is used as the poster image for the topic. It has been pointed out to IPS several times that they should at a minimum restrict that to images in the OP, but they've not shown much interest in changing it unfortunately.

Over here, in my topic, I didn’t post the Buzz picture, but it still shows as the poster image.  I checked to see if the Buzz pic was the first chronologically posted picture,but instead a picture from Appl’s website was.

this screen recording explains.

Won’t visit often..

ps. If you see the 2345685534.mov letters, that means the video only works on iPad.

Won’t visit often..

2 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Over here, in my topic, I didn’t post the Buzz picture, but it still shows as the poster image.  I checked to see if the Buzz pic was the first chronologically posted picture,but instead a picture from Appl’s website was.

The apple screenshot is not uploaded to the forum - it's hosted on psnb.feen.us, and proxied through the forum. The meme which has been chosen as the topic image is the first image in that topic that was uploaded to the forum.

Also bear in mind that chronological upload time is not the same as post order - it's the first image to be uploaded, regardless of whether an image was edited into an earlier post or if the poster waited an hour before submitting.

HTTP/2 203

11 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

This bothers me, you know you can click on the red icon in the top right to end the recording, right?

you don’t have to swipe down

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

43 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

This bothers me, you know you can click on the red icon in the top right to end the recording, right?

you don’t have to swipe down

Oh ok.

I learn something new everyday.;)

Won’t visit often..