XFX RX570 how to cool it with fans...

Gonzalo Noriega

Hello, new here...

Ok, I have 6 fans on my case... 3 intake in the front 2 more mounted together like 2 inches away front the 3 in the front (between the grapchis card and the front of the case) and one blowing air from the processor to the back of the case, I have space for 2 more fans on the upper part of the case...
  What should I do?... I live in Mexicali, so, its pretty hot in here...

weather.PNG

If you want to add fans at the top of the case set them as exhaust.

I would try undervolting the card with Wattman.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I am ofraid of using wattman... Can I use one of these 6 inch fan, it will make a lot of noise but I rather have noise than a hot video card...

ventilador-metalico-de-6-117-vca.jpg

Do you already have the card? Is it overheating? These ambient temperatures are NOT that bad.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Yes I already have the card and It goes up to 72C when I play RE2, and its not even hot right now, we get up to 40 C degrees... I even took the side panel off, but I saw a video from Jaztwocents were he says it is not good that It is better to have exhaust fans...

weather2018.PNG

38 minutes ago, Gonzalo Noriega said:

Yes I already have the card and It goes up to 72C when I play RE2, and its not even hot right now, we get up to 40 C degrees... I even took the side panel off, but I saw a video from Jaztwocents were he says it is not good that It is better to have exhaust fans...

Those temps are fine. I suggest running a synthtic stress test and seeing how much higher it goes. The fans should be able to ramp up to prevent the card from overheating. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Im gonna try that... I had a 1050ti before and I ran it at 40-50C, so 72 is way too much for me, even tough 70C was the regular temp for the 1050ti...

Could you show some pictures of your setup? I have no idea how to picture the 2 fans in front of the intake fans :) 

For my case its 2 front intake... 1 bottom almost under the gpu, i divert the airflow to blow directly to the gpu with a valve slope around 40% 1 bigass cpu cooler and 3 outlets of which 2 on top and one at the back. 1 intake and 1 outlet are 140 mm and the rest is 120 mm ( outside of the fan for the cpu that is either 14 or maybe even 18 cm's )

With current temperatures ( around 5 degrees during the evening ) i can keep it around 58 degrees.. I'm very curious to see what will happen if we hit +30 degrees celcius… wouldn't surprise me if 65 degrees would be fairly standard by that time

I am at work right now my shift ends in like 2 hours... I´ll post a picture with the 6" fan to see wath happens...

Also, beware, RGB, it doesnt match...

8 minutes ago, Gonzalo Noriega said:

Im gonna try that... I had a 1050ti before and I ran it at 40-50C, so 72 is way too much for me, even tough 70C was the regular temp for the 1050ti...

The 1050 Ti is a low power graphics card and you shouldn't expect the same temps out of most cards. 72c is pretty normal for a RX 570. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Could you show some pictures of your setup? I have no idea how to picture the 2 fans in front of the intake fans :) 

For my case its 2 front intake... 1 bottom almost under the gpu, i divert the airflow to blow directly to the gpu with a valve slope around 40% 1 bigass cpu cooler and 3 outlets of which 2 on top and one at the back. 1 intake and 1 outlet are 140 mm and the rest is 120 mm ( outside of the fan for the cpu that is either 14 or maybe even 18 cm's )

With current temperatures ( around 5 degrees during the evening ) i can keep it around 58 degrees.. I'm very curious to see what will happen if we hit +30 degrees celcius… wouldn't surprise me if 65 degrees would be fairly standard by that time

sorry for the 4k pics...

WIN_20190319_17_14_13_Pro.jpg

WIN_20190319_17_14_26_Pro.jpg

54224933_337359796913206_8262232126368251904_n.jpg

54434856_824662911212337_2050071826926665728_n.jpg

52983107_271375627120298_3006648051193348096_n.jpg

Captura.PNG

I put another 2 fans (thru a USB adapter, haxor!) below the gpu, and I closed the side panel, it went down from between 72 to 65... I didnt put the 6" fan because I didnt have any place to screw the fan into the case...

Edit... thats why I am afraid... 17C weather, 52 on card... And i am jus using chrome...

20032019.PNG

Oke thanks for the pics…. using the fans in that way its almost like a air accelerator of sorts.

if you increase your memory you would have less pressure on the CPU going for less heat production in that corner. 
My 1060 goes up to 45 degrees if i'm just browsing facebook and such.. for that i always let it spin on 30% rpm.. this even accomplishes more cooling then opposed to only using the fan when the heat trottle border is reached. Now my usual gpu temps are around 30 degrees… the fans will stay at 30% rpm up until 50 degrees C after that it is a straight line up too 100% rpm at 90 degrees C 

Maybe you could accomplish more when those 2 fans are placed in a closer vicinity to the gpu? granting more cooled air to the gpu?

attached a picture of my setup.. the only thing that is changed is the location of the to right fan which has moved more to the back of the case  

edit : attached another picture of the valve … but that is just for show .. do remember ;) 

setup.jpg

Funny.jpg

19 hours ago, Gonzalo Noriega said:

13 hours ago, Gonzalo Noriega said:

Edit... thats why I am afraid... 17C weather, 52 on card... And i am jus using chrome...

My GPU runs at higher load temps, at 80-83C back in summer when it was 35-40C inside. Remember that your room temp has huge impact on what temps components are. I don't think you get that much better temps just by switching around fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I put an exhaust fan on the top powered by 5 volts usb charger... it takes 3C off the cpu... but the video card still gets 72C while gaming without the side panel... :/

6 hours ago, Gonzalo Noriega said:

but the video card still gets 72C while gaming without the side panel... :/

As mentioned, that's normal. You're not going to get much lower temps without replacing the graphics card cooler. 

it got to 74... which is completely fine

i run my cpu at 77 degrees daily, there isn't really a problem to it when you follow my personal baseline

<60: oh wow...

<=75: pretty good

<83= good enough

>83= start concerning

It gave a green screen... But I used the 6" fan, I believe it makes current go the other way around I think that was the problem, but It did make the temps go like 2 dregreess down in like 5 seconds... I think Im gonna get an AIO...

Your temps are really not that bad. I have my cards allowed to run up to 90 before throttling and they frequently sit around 80 while gaming (two decently overclocked 480s). If you want to find out how hot your card will get, you can take the temperature of the card under load at your existing ambient temp and add the difference between the current ambient temp and your max expected to the cards temp. Absolute temp is not indicative of most use cases. Using a temp over ambient (sometimes called Delta T over ambient) is more flexible for changes in ambient temp.

If you are really concerned you can add another fan to your system, you would be better off setting your two rear most fans at the top to exhaust and putting the other fan at the bottom of the case blowing air out of the empty PCIe brackets (remove them for better airflow). This creates a low pressure area at the bottom of the case where the GPU is trying to breathe in air that allows for the cool air being brought in by the front fans to move into.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Why don't you put your PC in a fridge and have the cable run through the holes where you pulled off the fridge handle? Now that's cooling.

1 hour ago, Nigerian Tech Support said:

Why don't you put your PC in a fridge and have the cable run through the holes where you pulled off the fridge handle? Now that's cooling.

Most refrigerators are efficient by being well sealed and don't have enough active cooling to keep a gaming pc cool.