Graphics Card (Cooling/VRM) Tier List (Navi Update)

Why can't Galax decide on one single brand instead of creating KFA2 as an annex to the Europe side. I thought Galax was made in order to unite Galaxy and KFA2?

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Aorus 2080 Ti runs very hot compare to others in its tier; EVGA FTW3 deserves a tier of its own midway between B and A.  Some consumer tests shows FTW3 even runs cooler than Aorus Water force ( 240mm aio) at same clock; i believe there is a source has a similar result

It's the Gainward GS again :) found a hw unboxed review of the 1080 GS:

looks good enough to qualify it as a "midrange" card IMHO.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Hi guys, can I get suggestion for Tier B High-Midrange RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070 that have 2 slots and length didn't exceed 305mm?

Any chance you could add the XFX DD Ultra to this guide? RX 5700

• 2 weeks later...

Thought the strix had the record for pascal before the kingpin was released. 

Or does that not matter even with ln2 being on the list. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

This list looks more like price tier list to me...

Most cards are expensive for a reason.

Question is how important is cooling is? If we gain more FPS from cooler cards, then is it worth to buy the more expensive one? or should we use the money to jump to a higher GPU chip?

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas on where the Aorus 5700 XT would rank? I feel like from reviews (HardwareUnboxed really) and the fact it runs triple fans and has a decently sized heat-sinks and good thermal padding that the Aorus 5700 XT would be at the level of the Red Devil and Nitro+?

40 minutes ago, GeLi said:

he Aorus 5700 XT would be at the level of the Red Devil and Nitro+?

Pretty much.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Pretty much.

Sweet. Just wondered.

Also for the second tier of the RX5XXX tier list Gigabyte is credited with both the Gaming OC and the Taichi @LukeSavenije

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1001168/XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-DD-Ultra-8GB-GDDR6-Video-Card-Review/0

Review of 5700 DD Ultra

Gigabyte: Gaming OC, Taichi

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

• 2 weeks later...

where would you list the MSI 2070 Tri Frozr because ive seen nowhere any test of this card or anything else

there are no rules,well I bought ROG Strix, 2 weeks ago,and I hear coilwhine (like guys wrote me here).

So for me,no more Asus cards...I'll rther go for budget frendly palit or gainward next time,screw Asus.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

What about the NVidea Founders Edition PCB? 

Is it a good Idea to get the founders Edition an put a custom Water Block on it? 

I think the PCB looks pretty straight forward. 

its so funny to me looking at lists like this while my "low end" MSI Aero 1080 TI runs 2Ghz on water:D

im not shittin or bragging i will admit its a pretty shitty version if you keep the stock cooler and maybe not binned as much as other cards. i actually suspect the aero's are made from chips that fell off the production line :D 

im just throwing in the thought if we should maybe think about considering what potential the cards have on water / with better cooling. which problems are card related and which are just cooling related.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

what's ''after fix'' cards all about? did the first cards relesead had problems and fix them in the future ones made?

16 minutes ago, silverera99 said:

what's ''after fix'' cards all about? did the first cards relesead had problems and fix them in the future ones made?

pretty much

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

pretty much

so how do i know when i buy a card if it's the fixed version

1 hour ago, silverera99 said:

so how do i know when i buy a card if it's the fixed version

i don't have any exact dates, unfortunately

but all the currently sold cards are "fixed" versions, and the earlier ones can be RMA'd due to the temperature problems they showed

I actually got a 1070 ti for a sweet deal in december.It was a preset.It's the gigabyte rank D on the list but i am happy with it.Good paring with my R5 2600.It was either never used or used for a couple weeks as there's no indication that it has been used.No dust heat are between 72-75C depends on game.I don't really push my pc at the moment cause of bad psu but getting a new unit beginning of next month

• 2 weeks later...

whats the difference between the gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC and Gaming OC? From the looks of it, only the core clock is better.

but the Gaming OC one is listed as a Tier C card, while the former is not even in the list. Are they fundamentally the same or is there something im missing?