Graphics Card (Cooling/VRM) Tier List (Navi Update)

6 minutes ago, tdkid said:

it would depend on if the temps were for the card at idle or gaming but either way 85C is hotter than it should be which is one reason why its at the tier C. plus the list on the first page here doesn't really give accurate names to what the cards actually are. like everyone knows kingpin is a 2080TI but the other companies all have multiple cards using the same name like EVGA has 2060, 2070 and 2080 cards with the FTW3 name.

i really don't know why do you insist on it beeing in tier C after providing all the links and stuff and me acutally owning the card.

He completely misunderstood and thinks you want it in A or B.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, silverera99 said:

what are you talking about? who said something about IDLE temps? the temps discussed are LOAD temps as those are relevant in any practical use. why should be in tier C when compared to some F tier cards it performs the same or worse?

what are you talking about? where did you specifically say that the temps were by doing X? idle temps and load temps are both relevant in picking the right GPU for what you are going to use it for. yes a lot of people game but not everyone does, if you go thru some of the GPU section threads some have been asking what is the best GPU for doing graphic design, 3D rendering for 3D printing and etc. where the card never goes above idle. it would be tier C in my guess because the exact card that was listed on the first page comparison list was not the gigabyte mini and was probably a 3 fan GPU. that is one reason why I think the exact card from the companies needs to be listed and not just the "gigabyte rtx 2060 OC".

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

what are you talking about? where did you specifically say that the temps were by doing X? idle temps and load temps are both relevant in picking the right GPU for what you are going to use it for. yes a lot of people game but not everyone does, if you go thru some of the GPU section threads some have been asking what is the best GPU for doing graphic design, 3D rendering for 3D printing and etc. where the card never goes above idle. it would be tier C in my guess because the exact card that was listed on the first page comparison list was not the gigabyte mini and was probably a 3 fan GPU. that is one reason why I think the exact card from the companies needs to be listed and not just the "gigabyte rtx 2060 OC".

i'm just gonna drop it 

1 minute ago, silverera99 said:

i'm just gonna drop it 

well explain it a little more, do you want the GPU to be in a higher tier or lower one. that is what you are missing from your post.

He's complaining it's in tier C and saying the card is basically trash. What makes you think he'd want it ranked better?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

He's complaining it's in tier C and saying the card is basically trash. What makes you think he'd want it ranked better?

I didn't say that. what I said is that info from their comment was missing. like if the temps were for if it was at idle or during gameplay as not everyone is using these cards for games so the high temps might not be reached by someone who is just using their computer to look up things online. and if they think the card needs to be in a lower tier because of it. just give a little more info on the post to explain your thinking is my point.

MSI Armor PCB shot 92541750_549506382612718_3354109187452829696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=0uvGIBVlhAUAX8SIOu1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=0971587a1e95a5b43c3659b7c03ac200&oe=5EB600C3

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I don't see the asus rx 5700 dual here? Into what category would you put it?

1 hour ago, Dropit said:

I don't see the asus rx 5700 dual here? Into what category would you put it?

Not OP but it would either be Tier C or D, though I'm having a hard time finding reviews with thermals (or any reviews at all). Found a redditor's post showing 76c with a slight overclock, but having an Asus Dual 2080 myself (and a Dual 1660Ti from a friend), Asus's Dual RX 5700 cooler seems to be worst than the Dual RTX cooler. Given that, I would put it in Tier D, along with the TUF X3.

But since there are no reviews or really anything known about this card (like the VRMs and thermals), it won't be put on the tier list for now.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

5 hours ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Not OP but it would either be Tier C or D, though I'm having a hard time finding reviews with thermals (or any reviews at all). Found a redditor's post showing 76c with a slight overclock, but having an Asus Dual 2080 myself (and a Dual 1660Ti from a friend), Asus's Dual RX 5700 cooler seems to be worst than the Dual RTX cooler. Given that, I would put it in Tier D, along with the TUF X3.

But since there are no reviews or really anything known about this card (like the VRMs and thermals), it won't be put on the tier list for now.

Ok thanks, didn't find any reviews either so I was hoping for somebody here to have experience

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

7 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Probably Tier B.

Thanks!

Anyone else know about the EVGA GTX 1660 Black Gaming/XC Black Gaming/XC Gamingsingle-fan cards?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14071/nvidia-gtx-1660-review-feat-evga-xc-gaming/

Looks like the XC Gaming is the only model reviewed here but the differences between the models appears to be 2.75 vs 3 PCIe slot thickness, a slight clock speed difference, and 6-pin vs 8-pin power? The 1660 list only refers to "Gaming" EVGA 1660 cards as E-tier but these only seem to run relatively rather than absolutely hot? Then again, I don't know what typical GPU temperatures should look like. lol

On 4/17/2020 at 6:39 AM, MrIronGolem27 said:

Thanks!

Anyone else know about the EVGA GTX 1660 Black Gaming/XC Black Gaming/XC Gamingsingle-fan cards?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14071/nvidia-gtx-1660-review-feat-evga-xc-gaming/

Looks like the XC Gaming is the only model reviewed here but the differences between the models appears to be 2.75 vs 3 PCIe slot thickness, a slight clock speed difference, and 6-pin vs 8-pin power? The 1660 list only refers to "Gaming" EVGA 1660 cards as E-tier but these only seem to run relatively rather than absolutely hot? Then again, I don't know what typical GPU temperatures should look like. lol

you might want to look at the list again as it list EVGA kingpin, FTW3, XC, SC and gaming cards. the main problem with this list is that it doesnt say what the cards actually are, like the kingpin is a 2080ti, the FTW3 is a 2070 and the SC and Xc are 2060s. you have to do your own research in addition to that list.

"2.75 vs 3 PCIe slot thickness." its the exact same thing. most cards are either a 2 or 2.75 slot card meaning the amount of slots on the back of your case the GPU will take up not the PCIe slot on your motherboard.

"and 6-pin vs 8-pin power?" also sort of the same thing but a little different as that is the power connectors on the card. there are either 1, 2 or 3 power connectors on the card and they are 6 and/or 8 pin connectors meaning the number of pins to supply power and the amount of cables needed to supply them.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

you might want to look at the list again as it list EVGA kingpin, FTW3, XC, SC and gaming cards. the main problem with this list is that it doesnt say what the cards actually are, like the kingpin is a 2080ti, the FTW3 is a 2070 and the SC and Xc are 2060s. you have to do your own research in addition to that list.

"2.75 vs 3 PCIe slot thickness." its the exact same thing. most cards are either a 2 or 2.75 slot card meaning the amount of slots on the back of your case the GPU will take up not the PCIe slot on your motherboard.

"and 6-pin vs 8-pin power?" also sort of the same thing but a little different as that is the power connectors on the card. there are either 1, 2 or 3 power connectors on the card and they are 6 and/or 8 pin connectors meaning the number of pins to supply power and the amount of cables needed to supply them.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I see those listed. However, as you know is the case with EVGA's particularly atrocious product line segmentation with their graphics cards and power supplies, that means a lot of their cards have extra words on them. I take it that I could have completely ignored those in the context of this list's rankings? In that case, I see that these cards all rank roughly equal in terms of thermals, as I should have expected but still wanted to confirm anyway.

I know what 6-pin and 8-pin power is, as well as I/O slot thickness and heatsink slot thickness. I was not asking for clarification about what features these are, only to confirm that these were the differences.

Is there any website with large collections of temperature data for specific cards? I'm trying to look that up for the one-fan 16XX cards but I can't seem to find anything specific with either the name or the model number in the search bar.

Are there any true dual slot 2080 super's that dont suck? I dont currently have the case real estate to fit in anything wider. I COULD upgrade my case, but don't want to if i don't have to even though i probably will anyways in a couple months

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Tier A High end (great cooling)

Gigabyte: Gaming OC

Sapphire: Pulse

Powercolor: Red Dragon

MSI: Evoke (after fix), Mech (after fix)

XFX: Thicc II (after fix), RAW II (after fix)

Anyone know what the "after fix" is for the RAW II card?

Google shows that XFX was replacing Thicc II coolers, but I can't find anything on the RAW II. Is this a user-end fix?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

Anyone know what the "after fix" is for the RAW II card?

I don't recall the exact fix they've done, but from what I've seen is the RAW II now fine, while users had complaints before the Thicc ii fix, so it's mostly assumed

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I don't recall the exact fix they've done, but from what I've seen is the RAW II now fine, while users had complaints before the Thicc ii fix, so it's mostly assumed

thanks for the response.

i have an older RAW II and while with my custom settings its manageable, i was wondering if they had a similar fix offer for users of earlier versions that they do for the THICC II

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Hey, guys. I just wanted to ask what would be the best way to tell if a 5700 or 5700XT is fake or not.

What do you mean by "after fix?"  Fix what?  I have a MSI Mech OC. and am having problems with it.  Is there some fix I should know about?

On 3/19/2019 at 2:56 PM, LukeSavenije said:

Credit to: @GoldenLag, @XR6

Disclaimer:

This list only covers the GTX 1000 series, GTX 1600 series and RTX 2000 series for Nvidia, RX 500 series, 5700 and RX Vega for AMD. Cards are not prefered between AMD or Nvidia or any brand listed here. Notes may be included with some of the cards. Tiers are based on facts. We rate on known problems, vrm and cooling capacity.

List is subject to change at any time, due to change in sources available.

Italics: estimated possition

*=best blower cards (use vapor chamber cooling)

AMD (RX 57XX)

Reveal hidden contents

Tier S The best (Highest end PCB, exceeding cards)

AMD: Reference with custom cooler

Gigabyte: Aorus

MSI: Gaming X

Powercolor: Red Devil

Sapphire: Nitro+

XFX: Thicc III

Tier A High end (great cooling)

Gigabyte: Gaming OC

Powercolor: Red Dragon

XFX: Thicc II (after fix), RAW II (after fix)

Tier B High-Midrange (midrange cooling)

Asus: ROG Strix

Asrock: Challenger, taichi

Tier C Midrange (borderline cooler)

MSI: Evoke, Mech

XFX: Thicc II, RAW II

Tier D Low-Midrange (hot running cards, can be solved with a 3rd party cooler or slight modifications)

Asus: Founders/Blower, TUF X3

Asrock: Founders/Blower

Gigabyte: Founders/Blower

Powercolor: Founders/Blower

MSI: Founders/Blower

Sapphire: Founders/Blower

XFX: Founders/Blower

AMD (RX 5XX)

Reveal hidden contents

Tier A High end (great pcb, great cooler)

Asus: ROG Strix, Arez Strix

Gigabyte: Aorus, Aorus XTR

Powercolor: Red Devil, Golden Sample

Sapphire: Nitro+, Nitro+ SE

Tier B High-Midrange (good cooler, decent pcb)

Asrock: Phantom Gaming U, Phantom Gaming X

Asus: (Arez) Dual, Expedition

Gigabyte: Gaming (OC)

MSI: Armor MK2, Gaming (X)

XFX: Black, GTR-S, GTS, Black Core, XXX

Tier C Midrange (meh cooler, good enough pcb)

Asrock: Phantom Gaming D

Diamond: D5

XFX: Fatboy

Tier D Low-Midrange (hot running cards, can be solved with aftermarket cooler)

AMD: Reference blower

MSI: Armor, V1

Sapphire: Pulse ITX

Visiontech: overclocked

AMD (RX VEGA)

Reveal hidden contents

Tier A High end (Best cooled cards, great PCB)

Powercolor: Red Devil

Sapphire: Nitro+

Tier B High-Midrange (great cooled cards, good PCB)

AMD: Liquid, Frontier liquid

Asus: ROG Strix, Arez Strix (after fixes on vrm)

Gigabyte: Watercooling

HIS: Liquid

MSI: Wave

Powercolor: Red Dragon, liquid

Sapphire: Pulse, liquid

XFX: Liquid

Tier C Midrange (okay cooled cards, okay pcb)

AMD: VII reference

Asus: VII reference

Asrock: Phantom Gaming X VII

Gigabyte: Gaming OC, VII reference

Powercolor: AXVII

Sapphire: VII reference

XFX: VII reference

Tier D Low-end (hot cards, can be solved with 3rd party cooler)

AMD: Reference, Frontier

Asrock: Phantom gaming X VEGA

Gigabyte: Silver

HIS: Air, limited

MSI: Air Boost, iron, reference

Powercolor: nano, limited, reference

XFX: LDFF6

Nvidia (RTX 20xx/GTX 16xx)

Reveal hidden contents

Tier S The best (used for LN2 overclocking)

EVGA: K|ngP|n

Galax: HOF air/water

KFA2: HOF air/water

MSI: Lightning Z

Tier A High end (great PCB, hybrid/watercooled cards)

Asus: ROG Matrix, ROG Poseidon

Evga: FTW3 Hybrid, XC Hybrid Gaming, FTW3 Hydro Copper

Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme Waterforce

MSI: Sea Hawk (X)

Tier B High-Midrange (great PCB, high end cooler)

Asus: ROG Strix

Evga: FTW3 Ultra/Elite, XC Ultra, XC2 Ultra, FTW 3

Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme, Aorus

Inno3D: iChill (Black)

MSI: Gaming (X) Trio, Lightning X, Duke

Zotac: AMP! Extreme (Core), AMP! Omega, AMP MAXX

Tier C Midrange (good PCB, midrange cooler)

Colorful: Vulcan X (OC)

Evga: SC2, XC Black

Galax: SG

Gigabyte: Gaming OC, OC Black

Nvidia: Founders

MSI: Gaming Z, Armor, Gaming (X)

Palit: (Super) Jetstream

PNY: XLR8

Zotac: AMP

Tier D Low-Midrange (okay cooled cards, decent enough pcb)

Asus: Dual

Galax: Dual, EXOC Snpr, EX

Gainward: Phoenix (GS)

Inno3D: Twinx2, Gaming OC

Leadtek: Cyclone

KFA2: OC, Dual

Palit: GamePro, Gamerock (premium), Dual, StormX, Pegasus

Zotac: Gaming

Tier E: Low end (hot running cards, can be solved with aftermarket cooler)

Asus: Turbo, Phoenix, LP

Diamond: RX

Evga: Gaming

Galax: Blower, OC Mini

Gigabyte: Turbo, Mini Itx OC

Inno3D: Jet

MSI: Aero, Ventus, ITX

Palit: KalmX

PNY: Blower

Zotac: Blower, Mini, Low Profile

Nvidia (GTX 10xx)

Reveal hidden contents

Tier S The best (used for LN2 overclocking)

EVGA: K|ngP|n

Galax: HOF

KFA2: HOF

MSI: Lightning X

Tier A High end (great pcb, water/hybrid cooled)

Asus: ROG Matrix, ROG Poseidon

Corsair: Hydro

Evga: FTW3 Hybrid, FTW3 Hydro Copper, SC2 Hybrid

Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme Waterforce

Inno3D: iChill X3 JEKYLL

MSI: Sea Hawk X

Tier B High-Midrange (great pcb, great aircooling)

Asus: ROG Strix

Evga: FTW3 Ultra, FTW3 Elite, FTW ACX 3.0, FTW ICX

Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme, G1 Rock

Inno3D: iChill Black

Gigabyte: Aorus, Aorus Xtreme

MSI: Gaming (X) Trio, Lightning Z, Duke

Zotac: AMP! Extreme, AMP! Extreme Core

Tier C Midrange (decent pcb, decent cooler)

Colorful: Vulcan X, Vulcan X OC

Evga: ICX, SC Black, SC2, SC2 Elite, SC ACX 2.0, SSC ACX 3.0, SSC, SSC2, FTW+ DT, FTW+

Galax: SG

Gigabyte: G1 Gaming

HIS: IceQ X² Turbo, IceQ X² Roaring Turbo

Inno3D: Ichill

Leadtek: Hurricane OC

MSI: Gaming (X), Gaming Z

Powercolor: Liquid

Palit: Super Jetstream

PNY: XLR8

Tier D Low-Midrange End (okay cooler, okay pcb)

Asus: Dual, Expedition, Cerberus

Galax: Dual, EXOC Snpr, EX, SG

Gainward: Phoenix, Phoenix GS, Pegasos

Gigabyte: Gaming OC, Windforce, OC Black, G1, D5

Inno3D: Twinx2, Gaming OC

Leadtek: Hurricane, Cyclone

KFA2: OC, Dual

Palit: GamePro, Jetstream, Gamerock, Gamerock Premium

Zotac: Gaming, Amp!

Tier E Low End (hot running cards, some can be solved with 3rd party coolers)

Asus: Turbo*, Phoenix, TUF, LP

Diamond: RX

Evga: Gaming

Galax: Blower, Katana, OC LP, OC Mini

Gigabyte: Turbo, Mini Itx OC, Silver, OC Low profile

HIS: iCooler, Slim-iCooler

Inno3D: Jet, Compact, 1-Slot Edition

KFA2: Virtual look

Leadtek: Classic, rev. B, Passive, Single fan

MSI: Aero, ITX, Reference, Armor, LP

Nvidia: Founders Edition*

Palit: StormX, Pegasus, KalmX, Dual

PNY: Blower Style, single fan

Zotac: Blower, Mini, Low Profile

Useful links:

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

You hate tier lists? don't use them. there are people who love them just for the simplicity of looking something up and go on, let those people have something

image.png.cc7d6e65653066f88efbbbc890f2f97c.png

(by @Crunchy Dragon)

Update Log:

Reveal hidden contents

19-03-2019: release

19-03-2019: added a couple EVGA cards

20-03-2019: changed name, moved cards

24-03-2019: moved some zotac cards

5-08-2019: moved reddragon

26-09-2019: re-arranged units, separated in series, added Navi cards

26-09-2019 (2): Palit StormX/Gainward Pegasos a tier up, removed Asrock out of vidia, temporary positions for nitro+/TUF x3/Taichi

Hi, thanks for the post. It's very helpful. I've one question maybe you could elucidate the answer for me, 

I'm basically torn here on my next build, juggling options for graphics cards and I think that I have the candidates narrowed down, but let me know your opinion, 

I'm trying to decide between the 1070 TI or the 1660 TIE Fighter variant, which one provides the greatest boost speed? Thoughts on positives/negatives for both, I can pick one up used on ebay from the first order - Thabks!!