How Did HP Fail This Hard?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6qz30h/enable_precision_touchpad_on_hp_spectre_x360_2017/

That's how you fix the fucking atrocious trackpads on what I expect all models since 2017. It's fucking garbage. With that it is actually solid.

Also are you sure that your 15's screen is not bad? I have the Vega M version and it's screen does not have that terrible ghosting.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I have a big question: why there's no AMD Raven Ridge (or Picasso) based laptop coverage on the channel? The only thing close to that was a preview during CES 2018, and then there's nothing. There's already plenty of such laptops available, so why they were ignored?

Also, 360p.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

360p???

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

8 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Also, 360p.

2 minutes ago, LlamaFamah said:

360p???

Problem on Youtube's end, should be normal fairly soon.

A girl who loves to love.

9 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6qz30h/enable_precision_touchpad_on_hp_spectre_x360_2017/

That's how you fix the fucking atrocious trackpads on what I expect all models since 2017. It's fucking garbage. With that it is actually solid.

Also are you sure that your 15's screen is not bad? I have the Vega M version and it's screen does not have that terrible ghosting.

Hmm I'll have to try that before reviewing another HP laptop

As for the screen do you have the 4K BrightView panel?  I'm guessing it's only a problem on that specific panel and not across the board.

4 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I have a big question: why there's no AMD Raven Ridge (or Picasso) based laptop coverage on the channel? The only thing close to that was a preview during CES 2018, and then there's nothing. There's already plenty of such laptops available, so why they were ignored?

Also, 360p.

We have one inbound, although the main reason is that most of the AMD laptops are just not great, like the Acer Swift 3, IdeaPad and the EliteBook are all pretty meh

2 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We have one inbound, although the main reason is that most of the AMD laptops are just not great, like the Acer Swift 3, IdeaPad and the EliteBook are all pretty meh

Is AMD for Poor People?

Why is AMD the Budget Option for Gamers?

image.png.292addfc78dd276b4fdce8f43d19f6ce.png

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

5 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hmm I'll have to try that before reviewing another HP laptop

As for the screen do you have the 4K BrightView panel?  I'm guessing it's only a problem on that specific panel and not across the board.

I have a BOE screen in mine. It's possible they switched to BrightView to get the HDR functionality that mine lacks. I will say that the laptop required a bit of work to get it to my liking (trackpad drivers, disabling adaptive contrast, replacing paste, etc) but otherwise it's pretty good. I need to get around to tightening the hinges as mine are also kinda floppy.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Try the elitebook versions like the x369 1030 g5 and 1040 g5. This is the specter range. 

WOW what is that, a Passive Matrix display!!?? Ridiculous performance. Deal breaker even if the touchpad is fixed with software. Blurry video/gaming too I assume?

That sort of ghosting was a thing back when Pentium 2 laptops could be had as a cheaper Passive Matrix Display rather than Active Matrix.

4 hours ago, danwat1234 said:

WOW what is that, a Passive Matrix display!!?? Ridiculous performance. Deal breaker even if the touchpad is fixed with software. Blurry video/gaming too I assume?

That sort of ghosting was a thing back when Pentium 2 laptops could be had as a cheaper Passive Matrix Display rather than Active Matrix.

I've got a late 2017 version of the 15" and I can see the "mouse trail", maybe I don't do any real gaming but I never even thought about it till this video, I mainly stream video and it's plenty smooth (unless I actually run at 4k, in which case the 8550u and mx150 feel like they are dropping frames (with a "stutter") when watching 4k and up youtube content.

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I've got a late 2017 version of the 15" and I can see the "mouse trail", maybe I don't do any real gaming but I never even thought about it till this video, I mainly stream video and it's plenty smooth (unless I actually run at 4k, in which case the 8550u and mx150 feel like they are dropping frames (with a "stutter") when watching 4k and up youtube content.

It may be smooth because the computer is fast, but does it look blurry or crisp when watching video?

Just now, danwat1234 said:

It may be smooth, but does it look blurry or crisp when watching video?

CRISPY as can be, HP in my experience has always had very sharp screens

best hp laptop [if you dont care about having a touch screen] is the hp pavilion m6, with a 3rd gen core i5, 700gb hard drive from hgst, 8gb ram that is easily accessible with a latch that opens up to expose the ram, wifi card, another wifi card port that idk what it does, and it also exposes the hard drive making storage upgrade easy, for the io, i wanna say its about desktop grade, with a vga and a hdmi port, 4 usb3 ports, a dvd writer/reader, and finally a sd card reader. that laptop is 7 years old and it hasent failed yet. it came stock with either 7 or 8, but i got it the 10 upgrade in 2015 and it works like a charm [even for light gaming], thus proves my point.... screw new hp old hp gang gang 

I'm also a giant nerd and always drooling over the next big thing.

That's a pretty consumerist view of what makes a nerd. I guess it's what makes a consumption nerd. Drooling over the prospect of acquiring something new without caring what it is other than that it's new. I'd call it being a giant tool, not a nerd, but ok.

18 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Also, 360p.

Y E S, Seriously Ryzen mobile is miles ahead in the IGPU department. Actually makes it worth buying 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

I have it and I like it very much. Combo of Ports, Pen, Keyboard, Graphics Card.... I can reach the power bottom easily. Fingerprint reader is in the right spot you only need the power bottom to turn it on anyway after the fingerprint reader does the job. I can not really compare the touchpad but it is good but may be not perfect. Pen goes into nice sleeve which is included and why should you not use it then. I mean yes it is not perfect but he is a bit hard on it I think. I do not have the problem with palm rejection yes there is a dead zone but before this video I did not notice because I start in the middle of the pad anyway....

Lisa from MoblieTechReview has a much more positv review.