Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sank

Getting a new mechanical keyboard need ADVICE

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my 3year old Razer  Blackwidow Ultimate is dying, keys aren't registering properly. I want to get a new keyboard, preferably a cherry mx blue or brown and equivalents. I was looking at the logitech g512 tactile if there are better keyboards please recommend  

4 minutes ago, Sank said:

So my 3year old Razer  Blackwidow Ultimate is dying, keys aren't registering properly. I want to get a new keyboard, preferably a cherry mx blue or brown and equivalents. I was looking at the logitech g512 tactile if there are better keyboards please recommend  

Depends what you want.  A type writer click sound or a more quiet one with great tactile keys ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4505 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 & HD 4.50BT SE / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

I like corsair for keyboards, I'm a linear person, don't like blues as they are too loud, and browns are "mushy".

The k70 is a great midrange keyboard with nice rgb. It's in blues, browns, reds, silent reds and speed silvers.

Alpha X570 VRM + Features list (PM me if you want to help)

Will prob be making an X570 "tier" list when that is completed.

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone 8 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon Xp + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 670

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Where are you located?

I dont your need home address but country of origin would be nice so we can give suggestions

India

10 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I like corsair for keyboards, I'm a linear person, don't like blues as they are too loud, and browns are "mushy".

The k70 is a great midrange keyboard with nice rgb. It's in blues, browns, reds, silent reds and speed silvers.

K70 is meh for the price. Corsair's boards are overpriced. I own a K70 and wish I'd either saved my money and bought a good keyboard from a different brand or maybe bought a real keyboard from a non-gamer company 

If I'm honest I spend more time playing with the hardware than I do playing on the hardware

-Rig Specs in Profile

i have the corsair k95 platinum with cherry speed keys and i love it! but the cherry mx red or the speeds may not be for everyone,they are very clicky loud and are super sensitve i swear if you breathe on this thing hard enough the key would register,but i love it cuz i can now push with confidence that the key will indeed register.unlike my old logitech g510 that had membrane keys,had to push it it all the way down for it to register but again it was old so.

16 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

i have the corsair k95 platinum with cherry speed keys and i love it! but the cherry mx red or the speeds may not be for everyone,they are very clicky loud and are super sensitve i swear if you breathe on this thing hard enough the key would register,but i love it cuz i can now push with confidence that the key will indeed register.unlike my old logitech g510 that had membrane keys,had to push it it all the way down for it to register but again it was old so.

This certainty of actuation is common to all mech boards. That's kind of the point of the mech board. The K95 is laughably overpriced, even compared to the K70. There are a lot of cheaper brands with awesome build quality who provide the same RGB experience. 

I know I'm being a bit blunt, especially considering you bought one, but as a K70 owner I'm unimpressed with the quality of Corsair peripherals relative to the marketing. 

If I'm honest I spend more time playing with the hardware than I do playing on the hardware

-Rig Specs in Profile