Twitch VOD error #2000

adnartion

can some one help me figure out how i can get the twitch videos working on my computer again?

i can only watch about 5 minutes at most of a video before i get an error "there was a network error. please try again. (Error #2000)"

i can still watch streams live with no problems and everything else works properly. 

i just cant watch past bradcasts on twitch

i know it is a local problem because i have my laptop next to me and it plays the videos just fine.

so it is a problem with my pc not the network as far as i can tell.

i downloaded the twitch app on the pc and even that fucks up so there is something very wierd about this problem i dont even know where to start...

so i tried to create a hotspot on my pc and share with the laptop and the problem spread to the laptop. seriously this got to be the wierdest problem i have ever had

error 2000.png

Edited by adnartion

1 minute ago, PrinceNorris said:

Try going to cmd > type in ipconfig /flushdns

And just in case, are you using any VPN?

i have tried this multiple times and i does not work. i don`t use a VPN i have even tried installing one and its the same problem with or without the VPN active

ok i got it working in incognito mode now... what could make it work in incognito mode?

11 minutes ago, PrinceNorris said:

Cookies?

i forgot to edit tread but it actually stopped working in incognito to it just worked for a much longer time the first time i tried it...

i have tried removing cookies i even did a winows recovery to get to a point where i know it was working and that didnt fix it

Soooo i figured out that flushing my dns makes it work for some time... but only for like 20 minutes. I dont wanna have to constantly flush my dns. So if anyone know what can cause this i would be very happy

Well it does sound like something specific to your computers network configuration.

As PrinceNorris said, check your DNS and what you have configured....there are some types of malware that work by changing your DNS to their DNS servers, which could be misdirecting your traffic when you play VOD's.

Go into your adapter Properties, click on TCP/IPv4 and click Properties. 

Besides looking at the General configuration, click on the "Advanced..." button and check under the DNS tab to ensure theres nothing in there. The advanced config should be blank. 

Worse case scenario, you can also try resetting the entire TCP Network stack

Firstly try this:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

If that doesnt work, Windows 10 has a feature to reset ALL network. 

Open "Network & Internet Settings" > click on Network Reset

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

it is very specific to my computer, tested 3 others now none of them have this problem. i have also tried all the fixes above and still the same.

if i cant get this working very soon i am going to do a fresh windows install... 

it is not a chrome error since the error also happens in edge, firefox and opera too

• 8 months later...

it was my network card :/ got more connection problems so just went a bought one. after that everything has worked fine :)