RGB Fusion and Tom Clancy's The Division 2 incompatible

chuckM

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will not play without first completely disabling and uninstalling RGB Fusion. Part of the ambiance of gaming on a modern computer is the RGB. I'm not a supreme tech guy but I am somewhat knowledgeable.

Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 590 Series Powercolor Red Devil
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB 3200MHz RGB
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor

Motherboard - GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI 
2 SM-961 NVME M.2 SSD 450k IOPS

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Not much you can do about that, unless there's some other RGB software you can use.

A girl who loves to love.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

Not much you can do about that, unless there's some other RGB software you can use.

I could always control it through the BIOS. It's just an obnoxious thing to have to do for just 1 game.

51 minutes ago, Homelessscootalo said:

Consider my pre-order cancelled.

I'm tempted to return the product.

Eh, it's still new and there are bugs that will pop up that they simply can't test for. Just wait for a fix. Have you bothered reaching out to the dev team? 

10 hours ago, Homelessscootalo said:

Consider my pre-order cancelled.

Kinda late considering its already out. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It seems common with a few games, Vermintide II is the same.

Close a process called ServiceLighting and it'll load fine.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

2 hours ago, Gareque said:

It seems common with a few games, Vermintide II is the same.

Close a process called ServiceLighting and it'll load fine.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try shutting that down to see if it works. I will keep you posted 

1 minute ago, chuckM said:

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try shutting that down to see if it works. I will keep you posted 

Np, took me a bit to figure it out.  It's always worked fine for me from there.

It's apparently an issue with the method used to detect cheat software and apparently affects ASUS Sync as well in some games.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

10 minutes ago, Gareque said:

Np, took me a bit to figure it out.  It's always worked fine for me from there.

It's apparently an issue with the method used to detect cheat software and apparently affects ASUS Sync as well in some games.

Couldn't find that because I have an Aorus Board. I did, however, disable the RGBfusion. Task manager gave me a little bit of an issue about it. The task kept restarting every time I try to disable it. Took a few tries, but worked. 

9 minutes ago, chuckM said:

Couldn't find that because I have an Aorus Board. I did, however, disable the RGBfusion. Task manager gave me a little bit of an issue about it. The task kept restarting every time I try to disable it. Took a few tries, but worked. 

I don't like the game , now that I got it started. Not a fan of games that take over in the middle of gameplay or has more commentary than actual gameplay

31 minutes ago, chuckM said:

I'm on AORUS to, the X470 board.  Sometimes it's there, others it isn't which is bizarre and annoying.  Normally when a game gives the error, it'll be there to close down for me though.

19 minutes ago, chuckM said:

I don't like the game , now that I got it started. Not a fan of games that take over in the middle of gameplay or has more commentary than actual gameplay

Can't help with that one I'm afraid lol!

I have this after buying my 2600X and loaded it up.  I enjoyed it enough, but having a kid and only getting to game in intervals when he's asleep, having missions taking more than an hour with no option to save progress inbetween just ain't going to cut it for me.

At least you know the fix now if it affects any other games though :).

47 minutes ago, chuckM said:

Look for a service in the services tab of Task manager. I had to disable Asus's "LightingService" to stop the executable and get in the game. Interestingly I didn't have to flip Aura off first to stop the service, and my lights stayed on after I turned the service off. Seems like a case of EAC being overzealous, perhaps it will be fixed soon(tm).

20 hours ago, Gareque said:

I'm on AORUS to, the X470 board.  Sometimes it's there, others it isn't which is bizarre and annoying.  Normally when a game gives the error, it'll be there to close down for me though.

Can't help with that one I'm afraid lol!

I have this after buying my 2600X and loaded it up.  I enjoyed it enough, but having a kid and only getting to game in intervals when he's asleep, having missions taking more than an hour with no option to save progress inbetween just ain't going to cut it for me.

At least you know the fix now if it affects any other games though :).

I love this 2600x enough to have no regrets ditching my 7th gen intel. I may give that game another shot, later on, It's not that bad. I rather play games like Destiny 2

Ah that's my bad, I called it service lighting lol.

I just fired up Destiny 2 again now after buying the forsaken pack.  First time I tried it the load screens were unbearable at like 4-5 minutes a time...  But that was running on a 5-6 year old regular HDD.

Finally bit into the SSD craze for this build and got myself a WD Black NVMe drive...  Thing is so fast that I find myself avoiding to even bother using the 2TB BarraCuda I got...  Cut the load screens down to like 20 secs too!

20 hours ago, Gareque said:

Ah that's my bad, I called it service lighting lol.

I just fired up Destiny 2 again now after buying the forsaken pack.  First time I tried it the load screens were unbearable at like 4-5 minutes a time...  But that was running on a 5-6 year old regular HDD.

Finally bit into the SSD craze for this build and got myself a WD Black NVMe drive...  Thing is so fast that I find myself avoiding to even bother using the 2TB BarraCuda I got...  Cut the load screens down to like 20 secs too!

Destiny 2 is better on the PS4. As far as loading. I make a Program Files folder on a storage HDD and Install all my games to it. Loads slower but it doesn't bother me. Games are huge and take up space. Large SSD's are rather expensive, in my opinion.  My M.2 NVME SSD is always fast. Since I never have anything on it.

I don't mind fairly long load times, but anything over 2mins is a lot.

I have an entire 2Tb drive atm for games though.  Plus a 500Gb SSD.