Noctua introduces the NH-U12A, NH-D15 performance in a Hyper 212x size?

TVwazhere

Noctua has released the NH-U12A, a beefier heatsink NH-U12 with 2 NF-A12x25 fans on it. Height is 158mm so should fit in any standard mid tower. 

Source:

https://noctua.at/en/noctua-presents-nh-u12a-premium-class-120mm-cpu-cooler

Specs:

https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a/specification

The NH-U12A is the latest addition to this prestigious series that has established itself as a benchmark for premium-quality quiet 120mm coolers. Thanks to its completely revised, thoroughly optimised 7 heatpipe layout, 37% more fin surface area (as compared to the NH-U12S) and a dual fan push/pull configuration that uses the new, state-of-the-art NF-A12x25 fans, the NH-U12A pushes the performance envelope in the 120mm class and can actually match or even outperform many 140mm sized coolers.

As far as case compatibility is concerned, the 158mm tall cooler is short enough to fit most modern mid- or high-end tower cases. Measuring 125mm wide (including fan and fan clips), the NH-U12A stays clear of the top PCIe slot on most standard ATX or Micro-ATX motherboards, ensuring optimum compatibility with multi-GPU setups.

We've seen demonstrations at Computex 2018 where this cooler is about as efficient as an NH-D15, but this should always be taken with a grain of salt since it's a first party floor demonstration (though it's very convincing)

Price and availability
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is EUR/USD 99.90. The cooler is already available via Noctua’s official Amazon and eBay stores: https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a/buy
Other sales partners will receive stock shortly.

Going through the spec list, it comes with Noctua's NT-H1 thermal compound even though they just released an NT-H2 compound last month. 

Personally I'm still waiting on the Chromax (Black) versions of the NF-A12x25's, but could this be the new Air cooled king?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just to add this

Price and availability
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is EUR/USD 99.90. The cooler is already available via Noctua’s official Amazon and eBay stores. Other sales partners will receive stock shortly.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

looks awesome, but I hope they make a TR4-SP3 version to give those CPUs a great cooler too. the NH-U12A is similar to the NH-U12S (and NH-U12S TR4-SP3) but it has more heat pipes and has a bit wider fin stack.

Maybe also add support for Intel's LGA 3647 with the TR4-SP3 version.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

Just to add this

Already in the OP ;) right under the GN video

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Already in the OP ;) right under the GN video

Ahh, sorry didn't see it at all... damn my eyes :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Still using those ugly fans. Come on Noctua...

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Excuse me mam.

that is the color of performance

Come on, we all know that performance comes from RBG.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Any more white and brown and this would be the official cooler of Regular Car Reviews.

Like I understand the performance of Noctua coolers and fans, and I really don't mind its colors, but it just kills it for me for my rig, even though I barely look at the inside.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

you mean the negative performance modifier that comes from RGB?

Hyper 212x killer already exists and it's more compact (145mm) with a lower price tag (<40usd) - Cryorig H7

At this price point, a user will either have a tower that can fit an NH-D15 or would be running an AIO if it's a compact case.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Any more white and brown and this would be the official cooler of Regular Car Reviews.

Like I understand the performance of Noctua coolers and fans, and I really don't mind its colors, but it just kills it for me for my rig, even though I barely look at the inside.

The brown would just accentuate the poopy cable management

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Still uses those hard to remember naming scheme i see...just call it idk..mini storm or not so thick 1.0 or whatever.

Also the fan....

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I am pretty sure ignorance and stupidity comes from rgb. I just feel myself getting dumber when I am around some for too long. 

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's for valid reasons tho... noctuafanmasterrace

yeah... just give me a nhd15 then...

2 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Agreed, unless you have a case that cannot accomodate the height of the NH-D15.

Or if you are considering (or have) a motherboard that probably doesn't have room for a dual-tower NH-D15 HSF, like this one.

x10dal-i-mg_2917.jpg.48e2fa18f0219ffb4e0882823acdcd8d.jpg

If I got one like that, I'd want CPU coolers that even with fans installed wouldn't overhang any DIMM slots or the other socket, and if active parts die (fans, or pump if AIO) would still keep it within reasonable temps (<80-90°C) at stock settings in a moderately warm (up to ~40°C) room.

Which Noctua (since we're talking about that brand) would do that?  The NH-U9 or D9S U3 maybe or whatever it's called?

2 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Or if you are considering (or have) a motherboard that probably doesn't have room for a dual-tower NH-D15 HSF, like this one.

-snip-

If I got one like that, I'd want CPU coolers that even with fans installed wouldn't overhang any DIMM slots or the other socket, and if active parts die (fans, or pump if AIO) would still keep it within reasonable temps (<80-90°C) at stock clocks in a moderately warm (up to ~40°C) room.

Which Noctua (since we're talking about that brand) would do that?  The NH-U9 or D9S U3 maybe or whatever it's called?

Noctua has a line specifically for server sockets, however the standard coolers can fit LGA 2011-v3 (square) and 2066 sockets. They have specific coolers for TR4 and LGA3647. 

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Still uses those hard to remember naming scheme i see...just call it idk..mini storm or not so thick 1.0 or whatever.

I love their naming scheme. NH-U12A roughly translates into Noctua Heatsink U-style (referring to the shape heatpipes are bent into) 12cm. I'm not sure what the A stands for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

I love their naming scheme. NH-U12A roughly translates into Noctua Heatsink U-style (referring to the shape heatpipes are bent into) 12cm. I'm not sure what the A stands for.

A probably is for their new A series of fans

image.png.1cead9efb75621d4aa7ddc491e9aab43.png
image.png.6b1793cef46eec7ab95e21e35e31ac98.png
Ok then, just give me a D15 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

30 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I think the A is just to differenciate it from the single fan S-series and the original NH-U12. I too love their naming scheme, it's just so easy to pick a cooler that fits when the name actualyl tells you what you get and you don't need to guess wether "Killer Airhorn", "Deep Whale" or "RGB Monster" are compact coolers, mini coolers or massive coolers.