Single or Multi Driver In Ear Headphone Discussion Thread

Do you own or have you owned any multi-driver or single driver in ear headphones? Do you or did you like them? How would you describe their sound signature? 

The reason why i want to start a discussion about IN EAR headphones is because of my audio obsessiveness.. All of my earphones except my Shure SE 215 earphones have broken and i am looking at the fiio f9, the westone um1, and the brainwavz b400 and b200 (version 2) in ear headphones at the moment.  

Please be nice if you decide to reply..

I have a pair of Shure SE846, which have four balanced armature drivers in each ear.

They have a very nice and balanced sound, at least with the filter I'm currently using.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

I have a pair of Shure SE846, which have four balanced armature drivers in each ear.

They have a very nice and balanced sound, at least with the filter I'm currently using.

Dang. I wish i was in a position to where i could afford those and not be broke afterwards.. In terms of the 4 driver configuration the b400 from brainwavz audio is probably going to be my next purchase. They cost 1/5 the original price of the SE846 (nothing against your buying decision but i can't afford the 899 price of those se846 earphones lol. I could buy a good amount of earphones with that money, but i doubt they would come close to the performance of the se846..

1 hour ago, zrmaxwell said:

Do you own or have you owned any multi-driver or single driver in ear headphones? Do you or did you like them? How would you describe their sound signature? 

The reason why i want to start a discussion about IN EAR headphones is because of my audio obsessiveness.. All of my earphones except my Shure SE 215 earphones have broken and i am looking at the fiio f9, the westone um1, and the brainwavz b400 and b200 (version 2) in ear headphones at the moment.  

Please be nice if you decide to reply..

I don't think the amount of drivers really matter as long as the iem sounds good and that is the most important. I own a pair of tin audio t3's as my daily drivers when Im out and about Im more of a headphone guy. they have Knowles Balanced Armature along with a PU+PEK Dynamic diaphragm whatever that means. they sound great with a present bass response pleasant mids and highs are decently forward I find a bit too sibilant at times which I solved by replacing the included earimps with comply eartips. I also did the tape mod where you tape a hole on each iem to give the bass more of a boost giving me a darker earbud but is perfect for my preferred genres which are hip hop, indie rock  and R and B. 

4 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Dang. I wish i was in a position to where i could afford those and not be broke afterwards.. In terms of the 4 driver configuration the b400 from brainwavz audio is probably going to be my next purchase. They cost 1/5 the original price of the SE846 (nothing against your buying decision but i can't afford the 899 price of those se846 earphones lol. I could buy a good amount of earphones with that money, but i doubt they would come close to the performance of the se846..

I wouldn't necessarily say the Shure SE846 are worth the original asking price. Personally, I bought them because I could get a substatial discount on them. 

Not to say they don't sound good, but if you're into spending $900 on audio gear you're probably better off spending it on actual headphones or speakers. 

I've heard very mixed things about the Brainwavz B400s. Some people seem to really like them, while other describe them as being unbelievably boring and dull in their sound. 

So I would be very interested in knowing how you feel about them. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

7 hours ago, Volbet said:

I wouldn't necessarily say the Shure SE846 are worth the original asking price. Personally, I bought them because I could get a substatial discount on them. 

Not to say they don't sound good, but if you're into spending $900 on audio gear you're probably better off spending it on actual headphones or speakers. 

I've heard very mixed things about the Brainwavz B400s. Some people seem to really like them, while other describe them as being unbelievably boring and dull in their sound. 

So I would be very interested in knowing how you feel about them. 

an equalizer can remedy the boring and dull sound signature that those people have complained about. I am pretty low on cash at the moment so it will take some time to fill my wallet/bank account with enough money to purchase them. i am unemployed at the moment.. i suggest checking out youtube reviews of the b400 and then purchasing them from amazon or a place with a great return policy in case you do not find them satisfactory..