What can I upgrade my nVidia quadro k1000M to?

I currently have a Dell Precision M 4700 with the NVIDIA Quadro K1000M graphic card. I am buying an Oculus Rift and the spec requirements says that my current card isn't going to be enough, so I need to upgrade. I don't know which cards are supported with my PC and if any of those cards would be able to work with VR. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy_Schloo said:

Is it even an MXM module? It's unlikely any substantial enough upgrade is going to happen in that laptop, especially given power constraints, as well the CPU likely isn't good enough for proper VR gaming anyways.

Probably just have to build a desktop instead of buying an OR first.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Jimmy_Schloo said:

Any tips on how to create a desktop

What budget/country for the PC?

You can get something that can do VR at like $800 or less depending on cuts.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Jimmy_Schloo said:

I make roughly 300 a month and it is the U.S.A.

Well you can start with an R3 2200G which can play games on it's own, if you want to save up a bit and get a 16GB 3000mhz kit you'll never have to replace it really. Ryzen 3000 CPUs come out in june/july.

you can reuse your laptop's hard drive....or probably just buy an SSD outright, not sure a cheaper 240GB one is worth it at this point, it's not much less at around $40, want to make sure the SSD has a DRAM cache.

you don't technically need a case, cases and power supplies are like $20-30 higher than they should be in general right now. *motherboards are a bit up in price as well.

Then at some point in the future add an RX 570/580 which are about the minimum for VR, and they're around $150 or less, 8GB models are preferred.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JQQRsY/powercolor-radeon-rx-570-41gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-570-4gb-red-dragon

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cHzxBb
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cHzxBb/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($113.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($55.98 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($67.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $386.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-18 23:05 EDT-0400

Spoiler