NZXT H500 fan at the top direction

avillabon

Im building a new pc and really like the NZXT H500 case. My current pc has HAF 932 case which I like but I have 2 issues with it. I can hear everything that goes on inside and it has an exhaust at the top that creates a breeze under my desk that I hate.

Question is, does the H500's fan at the top pull air in or out?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, avillabon said:

Im building a new pc and really like the NZXT H500 case. My current pc has HAF 932 case which I like but I have 2 issues with it. I can hear everything that goes on inside and it has an exhaust at the top that creates a breeze under my desk that I hate.

Question is, does the H500's fan at the top pull air in or out?

Thanks

You could just flip the fan either way, but exhaust is just as important for intake depending on the PC case and it's location.

The NZXT H500 runs hot in general being closed off, and is not the best silence focused case around if that's what you're looking for.

Has multiple fan orientation tests.

And you can get a quiet PC with a mesh front with just a bit of tuning.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thanks for these. This is kind of a bummer... I guess most cases that have a fan at the top are designed to be an exhaust, right?

7 minutes ago, avillabon said:

Thanks for these. This is kind of a bummer... I guess most cases that have a fan at the top are designed to be an exhaust, right?

You can use the top of the case for intake so long as you work out a plan to exhaust air from the case unless you have a lot of positive pressure going into it.

If you were going to do that to get the GPU enough air you may want to tape off the back fan slot most cases have so air is forced to move down past the GPU and out of the PCI-e brackets and front of the case

You also have to check your CPU cooler orientation, or use a front mounted radiator to exhaust, but if the front of the case isn't mesh that's going to end badly.

Expert illustration.
836333228_Case1.png.4f5db7b869cd9c0febf5d7cbe30ebd36.png

Here's a case with a more unique air path, though it's way too much

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, avillabon said:

And the coolermaster Q500L case should be out sometime soon eventually.

And it's just a great case for air cooling in general, not very good for radiators given the lack of breathing room for a radiator against the small holes.

Spoiler

Thanks for all the info and expert diagram! :)