Sp Lighting Controller Installation

averagebilly
Go to solution Solved by Livin,
36 minutes ago, averagebilly said:

I just bought some used Corsair rgb fans, and am unsure about how to install the controller. I understand the hub and motherboard connections, but can’t figure out where the sp lighting controller plugs go.

Also, would I get more control over the colour if I use my dg-77 case’s rgb hub?

Should just need to plug the 3-pin connector from the "remote" in to the end of the RGB fan hub and then use the remote as a controller for the different colours/effects/etc. 

The extra cable is for routing those same buttons to other buttons or devices that you might have elsewhere to control the specific functions.  Eg. You can hook it up to a power or reset button salvaged from another case and use that to control the function it's connected to.  This is completely optional and not needed to work.

If you need more info than that, the link that @TopHatTom posted above has everything as well.

I'm not sure what is included with the DG-77 for RGB control, so I'm not going to be much help in that regard.

I just bought some used Corsair rgb fans, and am unsure about how to install the controller. I understand the hub and motherboard connections, but can’t figure out where the sp lighting controller plugs go.

Also, would I get more control over the colour if I use my dg-77 case’s rgb hub?

image.jpg

image.jpg

36 minutes ago, averagebilly said:

Should just need to plug the 3-pin connector from the "remote" in to the end of the RGB fan hub and then use the remote as a controller for the different colours/effects/etc. 

The extra cable is for routing those same buttons to other buttons or devices that you might have elsewhere to control the specific functions.  Eg. You can hook it up to a power or reset button salvaged from another case and use that to control the function it's connected to.  This is completely optional and not needed to work.

If you need more info than that, the link that @TopHatTom posted above has everything as well.

I'm not sure what is included with the DG-77 for RGB control, so I'm not going to be much help in that regard.

I think that the following page is what you'll need  to be looking at. 

image.png.7237d4d1778d75cc48eb4d0b23b7e205.png

16 hours ago, TopHatTom said:

14 hours ago, TopHatTom said:

I think that the following page is what you'll need  to be looking at. 

image.png.7237d4d1778d75cc48eb4d0b23b7e205.png

These don’t say what the pronged cables plug into.

16 hours ago, Livin said:

Ok, thanks.

6 hours ago, averagebilly said:

These don’t say what the pronged cables plug into.

22 hours ago, Livin said:

By the looks of it, they're optional if you don't have the hub. My guess it that it is so they can support other hubs.