ATT to Vonage to Comcast Landline issues.

Hazzah123

Hey all I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section first of all so please forgive me for that. So my landline phone number started out being an Att phone number which my family then got ported over to Vonage. After a few years of of having Vonage running off of Att internet we switched to Xfinity and bundled internet, tv, and phone service. Here is where the issues starts. Tv and internet services with Xfinity are fine. The issue I'm having is people that have Vonage that try to call our landline cannot get through to us but can get through to us if they use a cellphone and dial our landline number. We are able to make calls to those Vonage users and they are able to receive our calls and have a full on conversation with us. Those same Vonage users that cannot get through to us can get through to other landline users using other landline service providers. At this point, we have had the "highest Xfinity tech come out to our home" according to the customer service representative I spoke to and they haven't found anything wrong in the way they made the connections at my house and neither can they find anything wrong anywhere else. Same goes for all the people using Vonage that are having a hard time getting through to us.  

A big thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this.  

You, as well as everyone who still has Vonage that can't call your landline, need to report the issue to Vonage. The issue is that Vonage is still treating your number as a "inside" number and therefore isn't routing it out to the PSTN.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

• 2 weeks later...

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. The thing I don't have Vonage anymore. I have switched to Xfinity for phone service and did infact notify Vonage of doing so when I did switch to Xfinity.

5 hours ago, Hazzah123 said:

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. The thing I don't have Vonage anymore. I have switched to Xfinity for phone service and did infact notify Vonage of doing so when I did switch to Xfinity.

But that’s exactly what I’m saying is the problem - even though you no longer have Vonage, some part of their system for setting up calls is acting as if you still do. This is a classic issue with “young” VOIP providers like Vonage compared to the legacy telephone companies.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: