How to stop Logitech Wireless mice from waking PC from sleep

Put PC to sleep 

Move wireless logitech mouse. 

PC wakes up.

Takes only the slightest of movements for the mouse to wake the PC up.

Followed this guide: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/stop-mouse-from-waking-windows-up-from-sleep-mode/

Still wakes up.

My BIOS is different to that in the guide. Please look at my sig to see my mobo and please advise.

Thanks

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Go into device manager, and go to the mouse section. Right click on your mouse and go to properties. There should be a power management tab, in which there should be check boxes for allowing it to wake the computer up from sleep.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

3 hours ago, Eastman51 said:

Go into device manager, and go to the mouse section. Right click on your mouse and go to properties. There should be a power management tab, in which there should be check boxes for allowing it to wake the computer up from sleep.

If you had read my post and clicked the link, you would have seen I already did that. With all 4 or 5 mice that show up. I have a Logitech G5, MX Master 2s and G903. Currently using only the G903.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread, but this is one of the first result on google and I had the same issue.

Try powercfg -devicequery wake_armed in command prompt (or windows power shell)

You should see the list of device that can wake your computer up.

In my case I had 3 keyboards and my network controller.

What I discovered is that the mouse (G703 in my case) is one of those keyboard. 
You can follow the guide you posted earlier to disable wake up on each of the "keyboards". 

You can run powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to see if your changes are applied.

I went ahead and disabled wake on the 3 listed on my system and now my Logitech G703 doesn't wake my computer anymore.

Hope that help.

All you need to do is turn off the mouse after you put the computer to sleep. You have to do it quickly after clicking on sleep.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

13 hours ago, MrPoil said:

Snip

Thanks. I did this and disabled the option under some of the mice, but one had the power management option missing.

Photo attached. 

The article says to change it in the bios but there is no wake from USB. Only power on by mouse and keyboard both of which clearly mean powering the PC on. Not waking it. So it haven't changed the options (photo attached), but let me know if you think it will work. 

It still wakes via my g903 which is the mouse I'm always using now. It's a USB wireless dongle mouse. Haven't tested the other mice. I retired the g5.

My motherboard is written in my signature if you need to see every bios option via the user manual. 

You can see the devices that still remain in the command prompt in a photo I have attached. 

Thanks. 

Edit. OMG. I'm so dumb. I forgot you wrote that it thinks it's a keyboard. I disabled all keyboard and now it shows NONE (photo attached).

I also disabled the network card from being able to wake. 

Of course now I can't wake it from keyboard, but this is AWESOME. 

What if I want to be able to wake it from a specific keyboard or keyboards? 

Thank you so much. I love you. For YEARS I've had my mice wake my PC. And you solved it. LOVE YOU. 

This should be a guide. On logitechs own website they have a guide BUT it only says to disable the mice. 

To make sure others who search for this issue can find this thread in the future through google I'm going to type some keywords now. I hope this works. 

Mouse wakes PC from sleep. 

Stop mouse wake waking PC from sleep. 

Mice wake PC from sleep 

Stop mice wake waking PC from sleep. 

Disable mouse from wake sleep. 

Disable mice from wake sleep. 

<<<< How did you find this out? >>>>

15649730896591562704016434446976.jpg

15649731245976607091047177509433.jpg

15649731532218580140289688055297.jpg

15649733283953350549512585130035.jpg

15649738283644764901353309030903.jpg

15649740859766056247082202820330.jpg

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Thats why I replied on this old thread, this was driving me nuts and I hated ending up with no solution! 

We can probably re-enable the keyboard and find the good one, but right now I've got into the habit of using my power button.

Happy it fixed your issue :)

edit :

How I found a solutiion Lots of googling and when I saw 3 keyboards I figured... this mouse must fake a keyboard for the buttons and macro and what not.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! Damn man, this has been bugging me for years. Got annoyed because I tried to put the PC to sleep three times and it kept waking because I couldn't turn off the mouse fast enough. Never even thought to look in keyboards. I went through and tested each keyboard device by unchecking the "allow device to wake", then putting the computer to sleep. If it woke, I undid the change and moved on to the next device until the mouse no longer woke the computer. 

Now I can finally just wake the computer with the keyboard and I don't have to do this speedrun of trying to turn off the mouse before Windows registers my next movement.Jesus man, YEARS, years of this. Finally the nightmare is over. 

• 1 year later...

Just registered to say thank you! Keyboard device did the trick I just unplug my keyboard and this help me identify witch was the "fake" one!

• 10 months later...

Finally I found a good enough way to disable this.

First run - powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

(Don't close the window)

Then put your PC to sleep and wake the PC from your mouse,

Then run - powercfg /lastwake

There you will get the VID of the device which is responsible to wakeup your PC. Now open device manager and go through the devises that were listed when the first command was run. Then in the details section of the device properties choose device instance path and match the VID found in the second command. When you find it disable the wake option. 

• 1 year later...

sorry again for reviving this thread, but the option above does not work for hibernation (at least for me). I have tried to disable "allow this device to wake up computer" in device manager, but I realised that it is the virtual keyboard that is causing problems.

Steps:

0. run cmd with admin privilege

1. run powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, note the devices

2. Plug out the usb receiver for logitech mouse, and run the command again. Notice that there should be fewer devices.

For me, the missing device is called "HID Keyboard Device (002)". This is expected as mouse needs to "fake" a keyboard for macros.

3. With admin privilege, run  powercfg -devicedisablewake "device name".

for demonstration purpose, my command is powercfg -devicedisablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)"

4. Sleep/Hibernate computer and try to click/move mouse to check.

This is necessary as there is no "power management" tab under the keyboard with "Location: on Logitech G HUB Virtual Keyboard" in Device Manager. This clearly states that is part of the mouse. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, MrPoil said:

Sorry to revive this old thread, but this is one of the first result on google and I had the same issue.

Try powercfg -devicequery wake_armed in command prompt (or windows power shell)

You should see the list of device that can wake your computer up.

In my case I had 3 keyboards and my network controller.

What I discovered is that the mouse (G703 in my case) is one of those keyboard. 
You can follow the guide you posted earlier to disable wake up on each of the "keyboards". 

You can run powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to see if your changes are applied.

I went ahead and disabled wake on the 3 listed on my system and now my Logitech G703 doesn't wake my computer anymore.

Hope that help.

This here! Was dicking about for days, and it was the keyboard thing for me on an external logi.

• 4 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 6:28 AM, asdfstrata said:

sorry again for reviving this thread, but the option above does not work for hibernation (at least for me). I have tried to disable "allow this device to wake up computer" in device manager, but I realised that it is the virtual keyboard that is causing problems.

Steps:

0. run cmd with admin privilege

1. run powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, note the devices

2. Plug out the usb receiver for logitech mouse, and run the command again. Notice that there should be fewer devices.

For me, the missing device is called "HID Keyboard Device (002)". This is expected as mouse needs to "fake" a keyboard for macros.

3. With admin privilege, run  powercfg -devicedisablewake "device name".

for demonstration purpose, my command is powercfg -devicedisablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)"

4. Sleep/Hibernate computer and try to click/move mouse to check.

This is necessary as there is no "power management" tab under the keyboard with "Location: on Logitech G HUB Virtual Keyboard" in Device Manager. This clearly states that is part of the mouse. 

Sorry for me that i revive this thread but my problem is unresolved, so im on a laptop with a G305 wireless as a mouse and a cabled keyboard, i tried to run the  powercfg -devicequery wake_armed command in the Command Prompt with admin privilege and it leads to no device linked there. Once i put my laptop in sleep i woke up from the sleep mode by moving the mouse and runned powercfg /lastwake to see from which device it woke and the cmd says 

reactivation history - 0 

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2023 at 4:55 PM, hxxmor said:

Sorry for me that i revive this thread but my problem is unresolved, so im on a laptop with a G305 wireless as a mouse and a cabled keyboard, i tried to run the  powercfg -devicequery wake_armed command in the Command Prompt with admin privilege and it leads to no device linked there. Once i put my laptop in sleep i woke up from the sleep mode by moving the mouse and runned powercfg /lastwake to see from which device it woke and the cmd says 

reactivation history - 0 

Hey hxxmor, have you been able to find a solution? I also have a g305 and I am also having this issue. Tried this with a razer mouse and the PC behaved as expected (kept sleeping). Tried reinstalling logitech drivers but nothing changed. Can you also check if you have the problem with any other mouse?

• 2 months later...