do these parts work together and have ecc support

No, that CPU does not support ECC memory. For Intel's side, only the Xeon's support ECC memory if I remember correctly. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

No, that CPU does not support ECC memory. For Intel's side, only the Xeon's support ECC memory if I remember correctly. 

was a bit surprised as i was reading through the ark page for the CPU after i posted this and it said it said it did 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97143/intel-pentium-processor-g4560-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

That cpu supports ecc, most pentiums and celerons and i3 support ecc

Thats not ecc ram you have there, you can tell as there is only 8 chips on it.

Why do you need ecc? Just curious.

ALso don't get that gpu, the igpu will be faster.

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

was a bit surprised as i was reading through the ark page for the CPU after i posted this and it said it said it did 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97143/intel-pentium-processor-g4560-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

hmmmm, pretty sure it doesn't, but I could be wrong. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

That cpu supports ecc, most pentiums and celerons and i3 support ecc

Why do you need ecc? Just curious.

ALso don't get that gpu, the igpu will be faster.

Planning to do a freenas build and it is best to use ecc ram with it also the board has no display out ?  do u know where u would get ecc ram

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

hmmmm, pretty sure it doesn't, but I could be wrong. 

it seems to say it in the memory specs in the page 

Memory Specifications
Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type)
64 GB

Memory Types
DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V

Max # of Memory Channels

ECC Memory Supported ‡
Yes

Just now, Ben17 said:

Planning to do a freenas build and it is best to use ecc ram with it also the board has no display out ?  do u know where u would get ecc ram

You really don't need ecc for freenas more than any other system, id just forget ecc for a home nas personally.

But if you want ecc, id get used hardware.

Just now, Ben17 said:

it seems to say it in the memory specs in the page 

Memory Specifications
Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type)
64 GB

Memory Types
DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V

Max # of Memory Channels

ECC Memory Supported ‡
Yes

yea, did some more checking, seem it was a stealth change with Kaby Lake processors from what I found and gathered and was not supported at Launch. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You really don't need ecc for freenas more than any other system, id just forget ecc for a home nas personally.

But if you want ecc, id get used hardware.

do u know if that board would work with normal non ecc memory

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

not a hundred percent sure yet will research before i get

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The motherboard only supports UDIMM ECC each package would be 1GB if it's only single sided. Are you thinking of RDIMM?

@Ben17 Both the motherboard and CPU support ECC but the motherboard will only support UDIMM. This isn't a real problem but you'll be limited in terms of stick density. RDIMM goes much higher.

To be honest though I'd consider using a more proper motherboard if you need ECC support. Supermicro is a great example.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

The motherboard only supports UDIMM ECC each package would be 1GB if it's only single sided. Are you thinking of RDIMM?

non ecc is 8 chips for 64 bits wide, ecc adds anouther for 9 chips per rank or 72 bits.

image.png.8cec6b9f728a55ccaf33a6630b7daef4.png

Notice the 9 chips on the ecc udimm

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Both the motherboard and CPU support ECC but the motherboard will only support UDIMM. This isn't a real problem but you'll be limited in terms of stick density. RDIMM goes much higher.

Problem is if you want rdimm support, you need something like lga 3647, xeon d, xeon w, or epyc. Those will be much more money. And really not needed in this use where you only want something like 8-16gb. 

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

non ecc is 8 chips for 64 bits wide, ecc adds anouther for 9 chips per rank or 72 bits.

That makes sense. Slightly explains how the error correcting works.

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Problem is if you want rdimm support, you need something like lga 3647, xeon d, xeon w, or epyc. Those will be much more money. And really not needed in this use where you only want something like 8-16gb. 

Some of Xeon e supports it. I can tell OP doesn't need a lot of RAM but if they want to expand in the future I don't want people to bottleneck themselves right out of the gate. That board doesn't offer much in terms of future expansion.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Some of Xeon e supports it. I can tell OP doesn't need a lot of RAM but if they want to expand in the future I don't want people to bottleneck themselves right out of the gate. That board doesn't offer much in terms of future expansion.

Xeon e is unbuffered dimms only.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Xeon e is unbuffered dimms only.

That makes me have my own questions then. I have a board that is only compatible with Xeon E but states it supports RDIMM.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

That makes me have my own questions then. I have a board that is only compatible with Xeon E but states it supports RDIMM.

what board? 

All the supermicro and dells are unbuffered only.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what board? 

All the supermicro and dells are unbuffered only.

X10DRi-T

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

thats not xeon e...

T-T Why are there so many code names that I don't understand. So we're not talking about Xeon e as in E3, E5, E7?

Just now, Windows7ge said:

T-T Why are there so many code names that I don't understand. So we're not talking about Xeon e as in E3, E5, E7?

xeon e is the new xeon e3. Basically server version of the i7 8700 and simmilar parts.

xeon scalable replaced the e5 and e7 lines. Always a good time to redo the naming scheme.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

xeon e is the new xeon e3. Basically server version of the i7 8700 and simmilar parts.

xeon scalable replaced the e5 and e7 lines. Always a good time to redo the naming scheme.

Oh thank god. You gave me a freaking heat attack. I ordered some not very cheap things because everything says they're compatible. Got me scouring to find if the E5's I ordered support RDIMM.