WiFi doesnt work

CaptainChaos025

Hello,

So im having problems with my WiFi on my laptop.

First, a bit of backstory: my dad won this laptop at a lottery at the company where he works, becaus ethey dont use these anymore. But because of the company's policies, they had to delete all internet and Bluetooth drivers, including the one for WiFi connectability. He gave me this laptop to me on Christmas, and i was so happy with it. A collegue of my dad managed to find and install the Ethernet drivers, and i managed to find the Bluetooth one. But i still havent found the WiFi one, kinda. I have found a few drivers for it, and normally when you double click on it you should get a install wizard menu or how its called. But it doesnt happen when i double click it. I have found other drivers and installed them, and they seem to kinda work. But i still cant connect, because all i get to see is "No connections are available" wotha  red X. I have true dtorubleshooting many  many times but that didnt work out either. I get 2 results:

Problems found

• A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken (Not fixed ❎)
  • Problem with wireless adapter or access point (Detected ⚠️)

So the network cable is obvious, becaus eat the time i did this it wasnt plugged into an Ethernet cable. But the other ome could probably be it. So im not sure: is the network adapter broken and does it need replacement or is it a software problem? if anyone can help me out what to do, PLEASE let me know asap

Extra information:

• Laptop: Dell Precision M4600 (year 2011)
  • Network adapter: Intel Centino Ultimate-N6300
  • Sometimes has trouble with recognizing the second HDD

1552904762097371370061970601831.jpg

Drivers are not always executable. Get to your device manager, locate the device and look for an option called "update driver" or something similar. Update from local drive and select the folder where you saved the driver.

14 minutes ago, Schakal_No1 said:

Drivers are not always executable. Get to your device manager, locate the device and look for an option called "update driver" or something similar. Update from local drive and select the folder where you saved the driver.

So i tried this out, but i cant seem to find the device. Could it actually be that the device is broken?

5 hours ago, Schakal_No1 said:

that could be the case. Are there any undetected devices?

Im not sure, wherr would i see that?

18 hours ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

Im not sure, wherr would i see that?

they would be at the top under "other devices" with a yellow triangle next to it.

1 hour ago, Schakal_No1 said:

they would be at the top under "other devices" with a yellow triangle next to it.

The only ones i get are 

⚠️ SM BUS Controller

⚠️Unknown Device