[OLD] PSU Tier List 3.0 (Legacy)

LienusLateTips
Go to solution Solved by MEC-777,
5 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

I agree that we're due to revisit our PSU parametric selections. You can expect changes in the near future.

PCPP Staff. Feel free to direct any questions or feedback about the site my way!

1 hour ago, ThoughtA said:

I agree that we're due to revisit our PSU parametric selections. You can expect changes in the near future.

well... if you need any help on it, I'll be waiting

4 hours ago, ThoughtA said:

Random PCPP thing - can we get a monitor resolution slider rather than selectors?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Anyone familiar with SilentiumPC Supremo M2 gold?  They seem decent enough, with nice five year warranty, semi-modular, kind of reasonable price. 

I have found no reviews on them, only Polish ones. Anyone with some insight on these?  ? )

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

On 8/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, ThoughtA said:

Also would it be possible to add filters on the PSU selector for connectors like PCIe, SATA, Molex, EPS, etc?

Also, you might want to have a look at the LGA2011-3 CPU vs motherboard compatibility checker.  I've often, for example, added an LGA2011-3 narrow board to a build, then it said no CPUs were compatible.

Also, LTT mods, staff, etc ... When I came back to this to finish the post on my phone after going to test the PCPP stuff ... It reloaded the page (red flag #1 - shouldn't have had to do that), then when I clicked the reply box at the bottom, it restored post content I'd typed from like a couple months ago.

3 hours ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Also would it be possible to add filters on the PSU selector for connectors like PCIe, SATA, Molex, EPS, etc?

Also, you might want to have a look at the LGA2011-3 CPU vs motherboard compatibility checker.  I've often, for example, added an LGA2011-3 narrow board to a build, then it said no CPUs were compatible.

Also, LTT mods, staff, etc ... When I came back to this to finish the post on my phone after going to test the PCPP stuff ... It reloaded the page (red flag #1 - shouldn't have had to do that), then when I clicked the reply box at the bottom, it restored post content I'd typed from like a couple months ago.

@colonel_mortis This seems concerning.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

55 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

@colonel_mortis This seems concerning.

Thanks for tagging him.  (Or her? or they/them? Or, what's a gender-neutral pronoun in English that is NOT also used for inanimate objects or plural groups?  Or maybe there's one in another language if English doesn't natively have something like that? :) I think Spanish has a few other categories that English doesn't have (I forget exactly what right now) or what about other European / Asian / African / other languages?)  (I wasn't sure who, but was guessing Linus wasn't the one I should tag.)  Also I found the post whose content was "restored" in the editor, from March 21.  (I remembered a few pics in it, searched my profile for one of those pics, and found it.)

On 8/10/2019 at 9:39 PM, LienusLateTips said:

EVGA G3 units are popular but it's lacking critical protections (may lead to fun fireworks coming out of your computer) and having bad electrical performance relative to the price point, respectively.

When I bought my G3 in 2017 it was Tier1(Best), later got moved to Tier2 and now it's a budget unit.

How do I know if your list is reliable and the one I buy now wont be trash in the next month? I mean why is the EVGA P2 650W High-end with missing OTP? Or the Aurum PT 1200W, if I have a short, won't it kill everything since it's single rail unit?

I have hard time figuring out what to buy. Aurum PT 1200W, G1+ 1000W, P2 650W, RM650x(only 1year warranty) for the same price? Save money with TXM? Pay a bit more for Leadex Platinum 650W or Straight Power 11 650W? Take the risk buy the new RM650(1year warranty)?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

2 minutes ago, Ralf said:

How do I know if your list is reliable and the one I buy now wont be trash in the next month?

by waiting for reviews? that's how we knew that it was at least failing (at aris@tomshw) and had out of atx ripple

3 minutes ago, Ralf said:

have hard time figuring out what to buy

straight power 11 is quite a good choice here

18 minutes ago, Ralf said:

RM650x(only 1year warranty)

Take the risk buy the new RM650(1year warranty)?

FYI the RMx and RM (2019) have 10 years warranty. If you're seeing it with only 1 year warranty that means it's a refurbished unit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

FYI the RMx and RM (2019) have 10 years warranty. If you're seeing it with only 1 year warranty that means it's a refurbished unit.

It's new, but in my (small overpriced EU (without €))country the wholesale dealer(is this the right word?) from where most shops buy are like 'We are obligated to minimum 1year warranty on products, so let's go with that and let the costumer deal with the manufacturer for the remaining years'.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

8 hours ago, Ralf said:

It's new, but in my (small overpriced EU (without €))country the wholesale dealer(is this the right word?) from where most shops buy are like 'We are obligated to minimum 1year warranty on products, so let's go with that and let the costumer deal with the manufacturer for the remaining years'.

I'm still not sure why you said it has only 1 year warranty? As if your situation is any different or worse. Americans may as well say PSUs there have 30 days warranty by this logic, since that's the return window most products on Newegg, Amazon and other stores have. In fact, you have it better since you can return it to the store for far longer.

37 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

I'm still not sure why you said it has only 1 year warranty? As if your situation is any different or worse. Americans may as well say PSUs there have 30 days warranty by this logic, since that's the return window most products on Newegg, Amazon and other stores have. In fact, you have it better since you can return it to the store for far longer.

So me taking two days(to send it and receive it afterwards) off from work to wait for the delivery man and paying for the shipping isn't worse compared to bringing it to the store that's around the corner? US people sure have it worse but you pay less for the product(while having higher income) and there isn't almost 30% tax on stuff.

And we can't abuse return window like how some US people do it, because they tell you to get lost.

10 minutes ago, Ralf said:

So me taking two days(to send it and receive it afterwards) off from work to wait for the delivery man and paying for the shipping isn't worse compared to bringing it to the store that's around the corner?

You as an EU citizen can do the emphasized thing for 2 full years from purchase, while the "rest" of the world only has 30 days at best, then has to deal with themselves.

I don't know who you're comparing yourself to, or what you're really complaining about. On your place I'd be happy the law forces the store to take it from me for so long time. Others don't have it so good, and have to take two days off from work to wait for the delivery man and pay for the shipping after only 30 days, or less sometimes.

Even if you keep your logic of "Corsair RMx has 2 year warranty in my EU country", that's still much better than USA's "Corsair RMx has 30 days warranty in USA".

Hi,how can i see on internet does MasterWatt Lite 80 PLUS Bronze is loud?

On 8/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, Spotty said:

Left with just the MWE Bronze V2 450W & 550W as the only potentially interesting units.

MWE White V2 500W is 7 euros cheaper than CX450

They also put worse fans in Bronze V2, they got same fan as White V1 and V2 and they used to have better fans in their V1 which annoys me

also full-modular version of Bronze V2 will be there soon, so more than 19 units in V2, when is MWE Gold V2 going to come aswell? haha

2 hours ago, stojan228 said:

Hi,how can i see on internet does MasterWatt Lite 80 PLUS Bronze is loud?

there is no masterwatt lite with 80+ bronze

do you mean the mwe? or the masterwatt?

9 minutes ago, komi1997 said:

MWE White V2 500W is 7 euros cheaper than CX450

I'd pay the extra 7 Euros and go with the CX450, but I guess that would put the MWE White V2 around the same price as the Corsair VS450, which I guess is reasonable and probably a fairer comparison.

8 minutes ago, komi1997 said:

They also put worse fans in Bronze V2, they got same fan as White V1 and V2 and they used to have better fans in their V1 which annoys me

Which model fans are they using? Given the price category it's in I'm not really expecting anything fantastic.

10 minutes ago, komi1997 said:

also full-modular version of Bronze V2 will be there soon, so more than 19 units in V2, when is MWE Gold V2 going to come aswell? haha

Oh no!

People are going to post on the forum asking "Is my Cooler Master MWE 550W PSU okay?" and we're going to have to guess which one of 9 models it could be ?

Spoiler
  1. MWE V1 White 550w
  2. MWE V2 White 550w
  3. MWE V2 230V 550w
  4. MWE V1 Bronze 550W
  5. MWE V2 Bronze 550W
  6. MWE V2 Bronze 550W Modular
  7. MWE V1 Gold 550W
  8. MWE V1 Gold 550W Modular
  9. MWE V2 Gold 550W(?)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

People are going to post on the forum asking "Is my Cooler Master MWE 550W PSU okay?" and we're going to have to guess which one of 9 models it could be ?

Pretty much like when people ask "Is my EVGA Supernova 750W PSU okay"

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Pretty much like when people ask "Is my EVGA Supernova 750W PSU okay"

Speaking of which, looks like that is going to get even more complicated.

image.png.321020db98dec4ef2e24145e5e525459.png

Appears there's some new EVGA G5 and GA units coming soon. I'm guessing the EVGA G1+ was the G4 model which is why they went from G3 to G5?

15 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Appears there's some new EVGA G5 and GA units coming soon.

hm... leadex iii?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

hm... leadex iii?

No idea. Probably. No reason for them to release a Leadex ii unit at this point I think.

The EVGA GA is an Andyson made unit though.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-new-psus-computex-2019,39534.html

Also apparently there will also be new units with the G7 and P3.

Seeing the pictures of the units I actually recall seeing them with that silver fan grill in Computex videos. Guess I just didn't pay much attention at the time.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Also apparently there will also be new units with the G7 and P3.

giphy (14).gif