[OLD] PSU Tier List 3.0 (Legacy)

LienusLateTips
Go to solution Solved by MEC-777,
4 minutes ago, bintang said:

corsair has full year replacement warranty

while bitfenix only 1 year replacement and the rest are spareparts only

thats what the seller said

That might be warranty through the seller (take it back to the store and have it replaced). The manufacturer warranty is 10 years and 7 years respectively.
Also "Full year replacement warranty" on the Corsair and "only 1 year replacement" on the Bitfenix are, by my calculations, exactly the same amount of time.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

as a proud central european, I was delighted to see, that one of our local webshops now stocks silentiumPC components (coolers, fans, cases and PSU-s).

There is a PSU, Supremo M2 from the brand.

Found reviews only in Polish. As far as I can tell, these are hardly classified as being fire hazard, and the pricing is very friendly as well. I've read very positive reviews about several of their cpu coolers& cases and fans, so, I guess their PSU-s might be at least reasonable-OK quality as well. I'll keep an eye out for reviews of their range.

And another great find: I realized, that the most popular IT-webshop in my country has their site available in English as well. I guess we are quite fortunate in terms of options availability from power supplies.

I kinda like this site: has very useable filters and search options. Though their prices are not that great.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

1 minute ago, Vejnemojnen said:

as a proud central european, I was delighted to see, that one of our local webshops now stocks silentiumPC components (coolers, fans, cases and PSU-s).

never heard of them before myself...

@Stefan Payne comment?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

never heard of them before myself...

@Stefan Payne comment?

The best POland has to offer in terms of PC Components.

Some are pretty good, some are not that good, the usual stuff.

But I'd trust them far more than EVGA.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

But I'd trust them far more than EVGA

they do have some good ones... just some bad ones that gave that reputation to you...

3 hours ago, shazammm said:

what are the implications regarding power supplies  that have a fan set to not spin at low loads(under 15-20%) when the psu is not that hot. it is bad in anyway long term?

No.  PSUs generally produce very little heat.  Even if the PSU is being heated up by other components in the system, these fan controllers are never "load based only".  They will always have a thermal control as well.  Furthermore, any decent PSU will have OTP (over temperature protection) that will shut down the PSU if it gets too hot.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Even if the PSU is being heated up by other components in the system, these fan controllers are never "load based only".

I thought the one on the RMx was load based? One of the few exceptions to the rule?

:)

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I thought the one on the RMx was load based? One of the few exceptions to the rule?

The modern Corsair PSUs with zero RPM fan mode use an MCU with a "win-win" algorithm that takes into account load, temperature and duration. 

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

The modern Corsair PSUs with zero RPM fan mode use an MCU with a "win-win" algorithm that takes into account load, temperature and duration. 

and psu's like the cxm? are those temp based?

27 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and psu's like the cxm? are those temp based?

CX-M doesn't have a zero RPM mode. 

Those are always temperature based and use a simple thermistor. 

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

CX-M doesn't have a zero RPM mode. 

Those are always temperature based and use a simple thermistor. 

i know.... i have one

makes sense, the more you pay, the more you get

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

That might be warranty through the seller (take it back to the store and have it replaced). The manufacturer warranty is 10 years and 7 years respectively.
Also "Full year replacement warranty" on the Corsair and "only 1 year replacement" on the Bitfenix are, by my calculations, exactly the same amount of time.

its all distributor warranty, manufacturer warranty didnt really matter here.

also full year replacement actually my bad,bad translation actually its mean 10year replacement

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

...wich is why on my HX750i with 450W load or more (primary) the fan doesn't spin or goes off sometimes...

Still, Fan On Switch when?

54 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Still, Fan On Switch when?

Seasonic patent. 

16 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Seasonic patent. 

Seasonic is just bad...

Worse than nVidia.

Oh and Super Flower and Cooler Master also use the Switch to switch off Semi Fanless...

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, either of them suit your system

it's mostly how good you want it, all are good enough for your system

i heard cxm has whine noise? does txm has that too? im fine with fan noise but i personally hate high pitched noise

1 minute ago, bintang said:

i heard cxm has whine noise? does txm has that too? im fine with fan noise but i personally hate high pitched noise

the cxm does, the cx (2017) doesn't anymore

the txm is a whole different platform from the cxm. the cx and txm on the greatwall version are somewhat similar, but not fully

conclusion: no whining issues I've heard of

-focus gold FX550, 10 year warranty

-corsair TX550M, 10 year warranty replacement

-leadex gold 550 5 year warranty

all priced the same and tx550m has the best local distributor and warranty. is it worth it?

btw why does leadex gold is higher tier than leadex gold 2???

2 hours ago, bintang said:

all priced the same and tx550m has the best local distributor and warranty. is it worth it?

i mean, if the txm is easiest to work with for you, I'd get that one

not because it's better from a quality point, just because it's better from your point

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean, if the txm is easiest to work with for you, I'd get that one

not because it's better from a quality point, just because it's better from your point

so that's mean everything in that list are good stuff and just get which one i like :P right?

Just now, bintang said:

so that's mean everything in that list are good stuff and just get which one i like :P right?

about, focus has some issues on the ocp, so I'd rather get a txm over it. but on the other things they're pretty much the same quality wise

@LienusLateTips Leadex/evga should be S. These are definetly above some other A+ psus like the straight power 11 and  Aerocool hmm

10 minutes ago, Beerus said:

@LienusLateTips Leadex/evga should be S. These are definetly above some other A+ psus like the straight power 11 and  Aerocool hmm

leadex? no way

no data, performance doesn't even come close and if we're going to talk about the leadex 2/g3 we're going to need some time...