[OLD] PSU Tier List 3.0 (Legacy)

LienusLateTips
Go to solution Solved by MEC-777,
1 hour ago, nifty917 said:

evga 450gd cost 53$

whisper bwg550m cost 92$

is it worth to get the whisper instead of evga? what does make whisper much more expensive other than wattage and modularity?

If you don't care about noise (like I, and I think most people), go for the GD.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

If you don't care about noise (like I, and I think most people), go for the GD.

but thats didnt mean GD is noisy right? :P

2 minutes ago, nifty917 said:

Well, it's an EVGA... So probably noisy.

24 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I'd not look at the EVGA at all.

They aren't anything special.

The EVGA GD uses the same FSP platform that is used in the Be Quiet Pure Power 10... Obviously lacks the BeQuiet Silent Wings fan that the pure power has, but as far as the platform goes it should be decent.

EVGA GD

Spoiler

image.png.746f52296f9cb1aa5d2b0ceeffbca0f0.png

Be Quiet Pure Power 10 CM

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0863ea4fcd881ef6a79cc0573fb78f54.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

34 minutes ago, nifty917 said:

No, it means that if you're ultra-sensitive to noise like some people are, get something else. The noise level is acceptable for most people.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

No, it means that if you're ultra-sensitive to noise like some people are, get something else. The noise level is acceptable for most people.

Could you please link the noise tests for the EVGA GD?

28 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Could you please link the noise tests for the EVGA GD?

This is just based on other EVGA units. They're a bit louder than most... but not that loud.

But I could be completely wrong and the think could be a jet. Unlikely, though.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

That was among the first results in YT

I would not call it especially noisy.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

This is just based on other EVGA units. They're a bit louder than most... but not that loud.

Don't judge by brand. Especially when they're using a different OEM than usual.

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

That was among the first results in YT

A video is useless, not results. There is no methodology or hard figures, therefore impossible to compare to other PSUs.

When I turn my headphones down that EVGA GD is pretty darn quiet ?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i feel skipped...

ups sorry, do you own one as well? i have notice that lienus mentioned his corsair cx550m in his signature

:)

3 minutes ago, shazammm said:

ups sorry, do you own one as well? i have notice that lienus mentioned his corsair cx550m in his signature

i do, even the 550

it's a little loud, whines because i put a 1070 ti on it, but does it's job

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i do, even the 550

it's a little loud, whines because i put a 1070 ti on it, but does it's job

what do you think it lacks to be a tier A psu?

Just now, shazammm said:

what do you think it lacks to be a tier A psu?

it's a dual forward, whines on anything 1070+ and older revisions used a sleeve bearing fan

which 1 is better Super Flower Bronze or U9? (there is no SP Bronze here)

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's a dual forward, whines on anything 1070+ and older revisions used a sleeve bearing fan

the cx450 i was lookin at recently uses a rifle bearing

7 minutes ago, shazammm said:

the cx450 i was lookin at recently uses a rifle bearing

yeah, cx non m uses rifle, and cxm now does too, it's just that they used to use sleeve and haven't updated their website yet.

both are huang han iirc

28 minutes ago, Oalei said:

which 1 is better Super Flower Bronze or U9? (there is no SP Bronze here)

I'd say u9

sf bronze is decent too, but I'd give the edge to u9 because i have more info about it

15 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

That's something.

Zalman 850 EBT for roughly the same price as a 500w pure power 11. Though who on earth needs 850w, is a good question

It's a shame it's the 850W one, not 750W. The 850W-1200W ones use a worse platform (High Power HPJ, double forward with synchronous rectification and DC-DC) than the 550-750W EBT models. (High Power HPM platform, half bridge LLC with SR and DC-DC).

Of course you can only hope this list would make a distinction, lol. It just groups them all into "Zalman EBT" in one tier.

And there's also the fact that Rosewill Photon also uses two different (worse and better) platforms and there's no distinction either.

...And also how Rosewill Photon uses the exact same two platforms as Zalman EBT, but it's tier higher.

5 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

does evga 450 gd does that too? because i never bothered by a loud fan. but im suffered when theres an old phone charger plugged in next room because i can hear the very high pitched noise while others mostly wont notice.

1 hour ago, nifty917 said:

does evga 450 gd does that too? because i never bothered by a loud fan. but im suffered when theres an old phone charger plugged in next room because i can hear the very high pitched noise while others mostly wont notice.

i haven't heard issues with it, so it might, it might not

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, cx non m uses rifle, and cxm now does too, it's just that they used to use sleeve and haven't updated their website yet.

both are huang han iirc

where did you read that new versions of cxm uses rifle? i didn't find nothing on that

1 minute ago, shazammm said:

where did you read that new versions of cxm uses rifle? i didn't find nothing on that

@jonnyGURU, the guy who designs them told me

huang Han doesn't sell sleeve anymore