i mean, gq isn't the worst, but a pretty meh one at that wattage

is there anything else availible?

750 watts seems fine

Just now, Vintovka9130 said:

750 watts seems fine

750w is overkill, a good 650 should do

i could recommend a gq, as it's okay

a bq is much less...

but isn't there anything else availible over there?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

750w is overkill, a good 650 should do

i could recommend a gq, as it's okay

a bq is much less...

but isn't there anything else availible over there?

most of these are available, but I dont want to spend too much on it, i dont care that much about efficiency as long as its at least 80+ certified. I should just work without crashing 

14 minutes ago, Vintovka9130 said:

most of these are available, but I dont want to spend too much on it, i dont care that much about efficiency as long as its at least 80+ certified. I should just work without crashing 

yeah... it seems like you have no clue how this world works... all i care about is that you go home with something that isn't too loud or has problems. with a just idk it should work i can do little for you

Hi all, im new here. Its been 5+ years since i build a desktop, so i kinda lost now.

Im planning to build some budget pc games, but i kinda confuse whn picking psu. I want it to be good, but also cheap..

Here is my list for new pc spec:

Ryzen 5 2600

Some b450 mobo.

2 pcs ddr4

1 ssd

1 hdd

4 fan

My old r7 265 >> planning to upgrade (rx580/1060)

Please help me to choose the best value psu for my build.. 

I dont care about modular thing, im putting all of those on my super old and auper heavy metal case (15++ years old)

Where are you from?
What's available?
What's your Budget?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 minutes ago, alveox said:

ah... something 450+ watts (tho watch with connectors for future upgrades) should do. something from tier B or higher

7 minutes ago, alveox said:

Please help me to choose the best value psu for my build.. 

Please supply the country you need to buy it in (and stores/sites/methods you're able to buy from) as that's sorta dang important when figuring out price and PSU selection for you.

19 minutes ago, alveox said:

Hi all, im new here. 

Hello. Just out of curiosity, where does your name originate from?  Reminds me of avelox which is the most overpriced and expensive product with moxifloxacin in my country. And btw, please also share location, to make it easier to recommend. 

I would not spare the expense of a tier a+ psu, one doesn't buy these stuff for short term. Locatiön? 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Wow fast response..

Im from indonesia, for shop reference you can go to tokopedia.com, enterkomputer.com..

For budget i was looking at under 1 mil Idr (75 usd), cheaper is better. 

Edit:

For alveox, its just my games and internet nickname.

Its from alveolus. on lung alveolus is the one that move oxygen into blood. 

One thing i want from psu is sound, it must be silent.

My old one is silverstone 500w, cant remember the type but its almost silent.

I was looking at be quite u9 400w or silverstone essential 500. but it seems it doesnt belong in the tier.. 

11 minutes ago, alveox said:

Wow fast response..

Im from indonesia, for shop reference you can go to tokopedia.com, enterkomputer.com..

For budget i was looking at under 1 mil Idr (75 usd), cheaper is better. 

For alveox, its just my games and internet nickname.

Its from alveolus. on lung alveolus is the one that move oxygen into blood. 

Be quiet pure power 10/ pure power 11 or on a budget system power 9. 

The süper flöver range looks good as well. ( on enterkomputer) 

450-500w would be marvellous.

I know alveoli. Fun fact,the mentioned Avelox/moxi is very popular for pneumonia ("respiratory quinolone"). So there is some connectiön after all..?

2 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Be quiet pure power 10/ pure power 11 or on a budget system power 9. 

The süper flöver range looks good as well. ( on enterkomputer) 

450-500w would be marvellous.

I know alveoli. Fun fact,the mentioned Avelox/moxi is very popular for pneumonia ("respiratory quinolone"). So there is some connectiön after all..?

Was looking at pure power 11, at that price i can also get leadex silver.. I was hoping i can get something cheaper than that. 

Is there any 80 bronze out there that u can recommend?

Alveoli/alveolus is a great thing.. Thats why i pick this name.

Be quiet System power is bronze. And Corsair cx is bronze as well, or antec neo eco (m) 

1 minute ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Be quiet System power is bronze. And Corsair cx is bronze as well

those i can't disagree with, system power above 350 watt is great (general rule with be quiet, never go below 400 watts)

all the others from tier b are good in your case too, but again, watch out with pcie connectors, some only include one of them

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

those i can't disagree with, system power above 350 watt is great (general rule with be quiet, never go below 400 watts)

all the others from tier b are good in your case too, but again, watch out with pcie connectors, some only include one of them

No plan for sli or crossover, so 1 pcie is all i need.

Btw its 1 am here, I guess its time to bed. Thanks for your fast reply, I'll be back when im awake.

Just now, alveox said:

No plan for sli or crossover, so 1 pcie is all i need.

Some graphics cards require multiple PCIe connectors. Most RX580s and GTX1060s only require a single connector, but there are some that do have two (Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+ comes to mind, but AFAIK the second connector is optional for overclocking).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, alveox said:

so 1 pcie is all i need.

If you ever plan to use a faster GPU (like an RX Vega 56 [2 x 8 pin] or anything that takes equal/more power) than multiple PCIe connectors become the standard.  Keep that in mind.

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Some graphics cards require multiple PCIe connectors. Most RX580s and GTX1060s only require a single connector, but there are some that do have two (Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+ comes to mind, but AFAIK the second connector is optional for overclocking).

some do, some don't. my 1070 ti runs just fine on a single 8. but a lot of cards do use 2 6(+2) pins, so it's pretty much nice to have

be quiet pure power 10 in same tier with the corsair tmx/rm and seasonic's focus series?is it just because the silent fan? hmmm 

1 minute ago, avengersfanboy said:

be quiet pure power 10 in same tier with the corsair tmx/rm and seasonic's focus series?is it just because the silent fan? hmmm 

No.  Do you think Be Quiet PP 10s are somehow lesser than a PSU line that Seasonic has had to double-back on the ripple and OCP at least twice?  hmmm

I own the 750W Seasonic focus plus and want to upgrade to the newer nvidia line when they come out.

But as previously mentioned in this thread, there are apparently "issues" with this PSU when combined with high end GPU's.

How do I check whether I have the "fixed" 2018+ version and if this PSU will be fine powering my GPU?

5 hours ago, DotoreN said:

I own the 750W Seasonic focus plus and want to upgrade to the newer nvidia line when they come out.

But as previously mentioned in this thread, there are apparently "issues" with this PSU when combined with high end GPU's.

How do I check whether I have the "fixed" 2018+ version and if this PSU will be fine powering my GPU?

None are fixed. One is set too low, other is set too high.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 hours ago, DotoreN said:

Really only with the VEGA GPUs and the cards had power issues from the start in the 1st place. That's something that is normally intentionally left out. ;)

So if you aren't planning on buying one of those then you shouldn't have any real issues.

Since you already own the PSU and are currently using it there really isn't any reason to change it.

If by chance you do and that is unlikely just Contact Seasonic and they will fix the problem or handle it.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

6 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

No.  Do you think Be Quiet PP 10s are somehow lesser than a PSU line that Seasonic has had to double-back on the ripple and OCP at least twice?  hmmm

Yes, obviously as Seasonic is better, because there is Seasonic printed on the Label. How can you not see that!!111

And everyone on the Interwebs tells that Seasonic is the best of the best of the best. Obviously they are right ;)

/s

Yeah, Seasonic isn't that great, the Focus has some issues with some GPUs that other designs, even ~10 year old 750W FSP Resonant LLC units have not...

21 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

Really only with the VEGA GPUs.

Why do you keep claiming this FUD, even after you were told many times that its a false statement?!

And you now knowingly spread false Information.

Even Seasonic stated at least one other GPU that causes Trouble -> ASUS 970 Strix.

And there is also the MSI 1080ti, wich causes the Bitfenix Whisper M 550W to switch off for example.

Why should this card NOT cause issues with other PSU with their Transients??

Here a Thread about that:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16238-Seasonic-officially-reacts-to-the-GPU-compatibility-issues&highlight=Seasonic

SEASONIC even admitted that the ASUS GTX 970 Strix also has possible compatibility Issues.

Here a Posting from The Mask, wo says that some 1080ti Cards are also affected:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16238-Seasonic-officially-reacts-to-the-GPU-compatibility-issues&p=154165#post154165

Here another Posting about it, also stating quite some high end Cards.

Here the User mentioned:

https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/view_message/55950581

I see that Vega is mentioned most of the time and yes that is a card that is particulary hard on PSU's, but it doesn't matter what the GPU is. Vega is simply the only recent GPU that you can easily push well past 300W. 
My supplies shut down with Vega's and 1080TI's, there seems to be a ~600W (wall power) limit on the 750W and 850W versions

There are multiple cards affected and can cause potential issues, not just VEGA; every high(er) end GPU can be problematic!

Claiming that its just VEGA is just incorrect and you know it, I've told you many times, yet you keep claiming its only VEGA.

I have to ask, why you keep claiming that its only VEGA?!

Why do you keep defending Seasonic so vehemently?!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"