Wondering if a 1660 ti will work with my i7 3770.

Beam3k
Just now, TeaDrinkingMaximus said:

Ahhh thank you, heart attack was imminent, you saved my life friend.

I really appreciate all of your help with this. I like the range of tips i have recieved.

Just now, Beam3k said:

I really appreciate all of your help with this. I like the range of tips i have recieved.

I think everyone here has given you excellent help.

1 minute ago, TeaDrinkingMaximus said:

I think everyone here has given you excellent help.

Agreed and hmm okay Strike well i dont really care about high settings i play mainly for competitive advantages with settings while trying to make it look as nice as it can

58 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

The 1660TI should be able to pull 90 at higher settings, but i admit i dunno about the cpu.

This is "relative" to being relevant.

56 minutes ago, Beam3k said:

Agreed and hmm okay Strike well i dont really care about high settings i play mainly for competitive advantages with settings while trying to make it look as nice as it can

The CPU can only go so far,.. and it's quite known in most titles, its easily a 60fps CPU,.. it's also LIKELY easy to drive 80-100FPS in most games too,.with a great GPU.

Some games can go further again.... this is the most important bit... it really is a GAME TO GAME basis.
But there is a ceiling,.. It's definitely not a 144-165fps/hz Platform. But easily IS a 1080p UP TO 90fps,..likely up to 120fps/hz in many of non-AAA titles (which are more common) than some more demanding AAA titles.

3770 is likely good for 60/70/80/90 but likely not 120+/140/150/165hz (Ultra spec drawcalls and a 3770/2080Ti for example)

Lowering Presets also can drop drawcall requirements and give you higher FPS from less CPU/threaded demands..

The Higher FPS looks nice, but if it drops into minfps values due to random spiked overheads or bottlenecks too much, I'd just set an FPS cap, raise details if possible or use Nvidia DSR or try a few things.. If it really bothered me or affected gameplay, I'd set an FPS cap for sure and manage expectations.

All this changes again at above 1080p as well..... because the CPU ceiling hasn't changed, but the GPU has way more demand,..usually enough to be under the CPU ceiling MaxFPS.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

15 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

This is "relative" to being relevant.

The CPU can only go so far,.. and it's quite known in most titles, its easily a 60fps CPU,.. it's also LIKELY easy to drive 80-100FPS in most games too,.with a great GPU.

Some games can go further again.... this is the most important bit... it really is a GAME TO GAME basis.
But there is a ceiling,.. It's definitely not a 144-165fps/hz Platform. But easily IS a 1080p UP TO 90fps,..likely up to 120fps/hz in many of non-AAA titles (which are more common) than some more demanding AAA titles.

3770 is likely good for 60/70/80/90 but likely not 120+/140/150/165hz (Ultra spec drawcalls and a 3770/2080Ti for example)

Lowering Presets also can drop drawcall requirements and give you higher FPS from less CPU/threaded demands..

The Higher FPS looks nice, but if it drops into minfps values due to random spiked overheads or bottlenecks too much, I'd just set an FPS cap, raise details if possible or use Nvidia DSR or try a few things.. If it really bothered me or affected gameplay, I'd set an FPS cap for sure and manage expectations.

All this changes again at above 1080p as well..... because the CPU ceiling hasn't changed, but the GPU has way more demand,..usually enough to be under the CPU ceiling MaxFPS.

ok sounds good for now until i upgrade

7 hours ago, Beam3k said:

Yeah sure that would be nice man !

Just tried Apex Legend at stock 3770 + 1333mhz RAM speed, with Texture at Very High (6GB VRAM) and a click down for Spot Shadow i get like 60fps-70fps when dropping and it hover around mid 70s to low 110s depend if you're indoors or out in open areas. If I tone down some settings to medium i get like 100fps-140fps.

With my CPU overclocked to 4.2Ghz and RAM to 1800mhz it yield around 10% more performance, you're fine imo. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

9 hours ago, A-J said:

Oh okay. Good luck!

Here is the bottleneck results -

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryzen_5_2600/GeForce_GTX_1660_Ti/0Qj13f8A/

Please don't use the bottleneck calculator, it's real bogus. And what's all this stuff you've been saying about an SSD bottlenecking the graphics card?

Let's get a little more comprehensive. Instead of saying 8GB of ram might be an issue, also consider whether or not it's dual channel, as well as the frequency. Also, the 3770 is not going to bottleneck in every case, since bottlenecks are not absolute (hence why the bottleneck calculator is useless)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 hours ago, candle86 said:

Overclock the CPU, got a buddy running dual 980 ti on a 3770k at 4.8 without any issues and there is a noticable difference between SLI on and off for him so I'd say a 3779k overclock Ed will be fine. Your biggest holdback is ram, see if you can of to near 2000mhz ddr3

I dont have a 3770k I have a 3770 lol 

On 3/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, candle86 said:

Overclock the CPU, got a buddy running dual 980 ti on a 3770k at 4.8 without any issues and there is a noticable difference between SLI on and off for him so I'd say a 3779k overclock Ed will be fine. Your biggest holdback is ram, see if you can of to near 2000mhz ddr3

It's not a 3770k it's just a 3770 lol I've said that a bunch of times so i cant oc

On 3/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, xAcid9 said:

Just tried Apex Legend at stock 3770 + 1333mhz RAM speed, with Texture at Very High (6GB VRAM) and a click down for Spot Shadow i get like 60fps-70fps when dropping and it hover around mid 70s to low 110s depend if you're indoors or out in open areas. If I tone down some settings to medium i get like 100fps-140fps.

With my CPU overclocked to 4.2Ghz and RAM to 1800mhz it yield around 10% more performance, you're fine imo. 

Awesome thanks man I appreciate it !