My PC isnt performing to the extent it should perform to.

Emil_Loenneberg SE

Okay so I am pretty sure there Is a problem with my PC or there is something that is turned on which shouldt be turned on. Recently I found out that my friends get more FPS than me and I have better specs than one of them, and I dont know why. I am getting like 100-200 FPS on High settings in CSGO and both my friends get around 250-500 FPS with highest settings. I have updated my nVidia drivers and updated my PC but nothing has changed.

My Specs: i5 8400, 2060 RTX 6GB, 16 GB RAM

My friend: i7 7700, 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM

My other friend: i7 8700, 1080TI, 16 GB Ram.

What resolution are you and your friend playing games at?

Is v sync turned on for you?

According to UserBenchmark your CPU 5% better for gaming compared to the i7 7700, you also have 2 more cores but the i7 7700 has 2 more threads

What speed is your ram?

Your friend may have overclocked* using the intel tuning utility

I think the resolution might be why your fps varies, it is unusual.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199958323

Just now, Ben Mills said:

What resolution are you and your friend playing games at?

Is v sync turned on for you?

According to UserBenchmark your CPU 5% better for gaming compared to the i7 7700, you also have 2 more cores but the i7 7700 has 2 more threads

What speed is your ram?

Your friend may have overclocked* using the intel tuning utility

I think the resolution might be why your fps varies, it is unusual

We all use the same resolution

Vsync isnt turned on

I dont know how to find the speed of the ram. But this is my ram 16GB DDR4-2666 Corsair Vengeance XMP RAM479,-

No, they havent overclocked it they said.

Have you set your power plan to high performance in windows settings?

Do you have any programs running in the background?

I'm not sure a ssd would improve fps that much much having csgo installed on a ssd would improve loading times

In my bios I have an option for turbo cpu performance you might too, it's worth a check! OC your a bit wont hurt either i have ram that is 2400 speed and runs at 3000

Your friends 1080 is much better & the i7 will be better in a game that is cpu intensive

The 1080 ti is quite a lot more powerful than your 2060 and it also has an i7 so don’t expect to match that pc’s performance but the 1060 should not be out performing you.  Turn on xmp or your memory will be at the default 2333 MHz. Use CPUs and X by 2 the value it shows and that is your memory speed. ( you have to double this number because ddr stands for double data rate)

14 minutes ago, GoopLord said:

The 1080 ti is quite a lot more powerful than your 2060 and it also has an i7 so don’t expect to match that pc’s performance but the 1060 should not be out performing you.  Turn on xmp or your memory will be at the default 2333 MHz. Use CPUs and X by 2 the value it shows and that is your memory speed. ( you have to double this number because ddr stands for double data rate)

Okay, do you have any idea of doing this, videos etc  thank you

33 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

Have you set your power plan to high performance in windows settings?

Do you have any programs running in the background?

I'm not sure a ssd would improve fps that much much having csgo installed on a ssd would improve loading times

In my bios I have an option for turbo cpu performance you might too, it's worth a check! OC your a bit wont hurt either i have ram that is 2400 speed and runs at 3000

Your friends 1080 is much better & the i7 will be better in a game that is cpu intensive

No and No and Okay thank you