[rumor] navi to be presented Wednesday?

LukeSavenije

source/rumor base: gpuopen, @valdyrgramr

AMD might actually let a early glimpse of their new navi GPUs through. based on them being on the game developers conference (GDC) there could soon be more to see about it. 

San Francisco is the destination for the Game Developers Conference again in 2019, hosting our fine industry at the Moscone Center, March 19th to 23rd. AMD will be there presenting, meeting developers, taking in the conference and expo, and hanging out with everyone to talk about great games and graphics on PC.

AMD GPU Performance Revealed Amit Ben-Moshe (AMD), Rodrigo Urra (AMD) Room 3001, Moscone West Wednesday 17:00-18:00 TBA

Edited by LukeSavenije

From what I've heard that's just using optimized drivers, but no source for that

Anyone have a livestream of GDC19?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

From what I've heard that's just using optimized drivers, but no source for that

Anyone have a livestream of GDC19?

again, it's a rumor. we all don't know yet

There are a couple of interesting things:
a) AMD and Samsung on Stage

b) "Efficient Rendering" together with Ubisoft (the first one)

c) Another Ubisoft

d) Capcom

The "Enabling Real-Time Light Baking Workflows in Saber Engine with AMD Radeon Rays" is also with the World WarZ Developers, that also do the ZUombie Throughput thing.

The Real Interesting Talks are:

AMD Ryzen Processor Software Optimisation

AMD GPU Performance Revealed

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Even if it is, doubt we'll see any info about it number and performance wise anyway. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

29 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Even if it is, doubt we'll see any info about it number and performance wise anyway. 

The rumor mill rumored, that we will know more about upcoming AMD 7nm products by the end of the Month.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That was a joke by me on a discord we're on to ease hype train express a little. I thought if he didn't say it was a rumor that people might get extra salty.  Happened with CES.

GDC is going to have at least some information about next-gen consoles, so it's going to be a leak central. We'll probably have a functional roadmap for the next 18 months of GPU tech after the conference. Everyone talks too much at events like these.

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The rumor mill rumored, that we will know more about upcoming AMD 7nm products by the end of the Month.

AMD had an event for their retail & distribution partners in Toronto last week. So it's really just about AMD locking down days, and given that some of the hold up with Zen2 is the motherboards, the timing has always been a little dependent upon other things.  AMD is about to launch Rome though, so that's actually up first.

Navi = 7nm 1.5 - 1.8Ghz + GDDR6 with Vega 64 Performance level for ~300$ Midrange at ~180W TDP

Next year Ryzen 5 4600U 6c/12t mobile + Navi 10 7nm Laptops.

Im so ready for it.

There is someone on another board that seems to be well connected and offered no detail, but said to be very excited for Navi.  Stated it would be a beast.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

14 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Navi = 7nm 1.5 - 1.8Ghz + GDDR6 with Vega 64 Performance level for ~300$ Midrange at ~180W TDP

Next year Ryzen 5 4600U 6c/12t mobile + Navi 10 7nm Laptops.

Im so ready for it.

can't wait for it either. i actually need a new one next year...

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

"Efficient Rendering"

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

with Ubisoft

xD

What is the saying? Those who can't do, teach?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I don't know if anyone else noticed but...look at the raise the game bundle end dates. It ends on April 6th and codes must be redeemed by May 6th. 6+1=??? 7!!!

I may be wrong, but does that not indicate something? We've all been talking about AMD and 7nm, as well as a possible July 7th date. April 7th for zen 2 and May 7th for navi could be possible (Maybe it's just a coincidence but it feels fishy to me). That pretty much falls in line with the rumors coming out of Bizgram about zen 2. Or possibly May 7th for both launches. It could all end up being nothing, but it is very suspicious that the raise the game bundle ends on the 6th of a month.