Why do speakers sense youre getting a call?

galaxyrooter

My old speakers were saying tutu-ru-tutu-ru-tutu-ru everytime I was getting a call, and now my new ones do it again, but they do it even if am not getting a call?

It happens whenever the phone communicates with the cell tower for something. Does not have to be a call.

Moving the phone normally solves this :D. This happens more if your PC isnt grounded.

3 minutes ago, galaxyrooter said:

My old speakers were saying tutu-ru-tutu-ru-tutu-ru everytime I was getting a call, and now my new ones do it again, but they do it even if am not getting a call?

Is picking up the radio waves from the phone. They are much stronger when getting a call /message so you can hear it on the speakers. This is the real reason why you can't use your phone on a plane. Imagine a pilot trying to communicate with air traffic with hundreds of people phones interfering. 

The reason you have psychic speakers is there is a handshake communication before the phone rings. 

The reason why you hear that is because your cable aren't shielded, so they pick up everything.

You can either get better audio cables, or use ferrite core to reduce or eliminate interference on the cable.

But yes, they are picking out the interference from your cellphone communicating with the closest antenna/mobile station.

46 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

not strictly true. most use-cases on radio frequencies are partitioned to not overlap (so interference is mitigated). only when they do so would it cause interference.

on the other hand, a flying cell phone will attempt to communicate with cell towers on the ground. not one, but many in a super large radius (if it's able to reach the ground)

Reveal hidden contents

put in spoiler because entire-episode-on-youtube

that being said: rule of thumb is always listen to your airline and flight crew

That is true, I was remembering a specific part of a YouTube video. Have a look at mentour pilot. He explains they hear the clicking sound on their headsets all the time and having hundreds would be awful.

I guess my comment only applies on the ground.

3 hours ago, r4tch3t said:

That is true, I was remembering a specific part of a YouTube video. Have a look at mentour pilot. He explains they hear the clicking sound on their headsets all the time and having hundreds would be awful.

I guess my comment only applies on the ground.

There are no interference from cellphones in a commercial passenger plane. It wan;t an issue for many years. The only reason why the FCC still blocks cellphone use during take off and landing, is to get some quietness. It is to not have more than half the plane filled with business people start talking/screaming on their phone, and scared that it may overload nearby towers (also a none issue for many years thansk to modern mobile station equipment that can support the load). That is all.

The FAA does not prohibit the usage of cellphones, it is the FCC that does. And more and more airlines outside of US/Canada ones allows the use of cellphones while taking off and landing.