Good fan speeds?

OndaLH

I have a Be Quiet Rock Slim and 4 Be quiet pure wings 2 and when i’ve always left the fan speeds on default and the fans are usualy quite loud and i’m afraid that if i change the fan speeds i might end up burning something...

What are the best fan speeds for my fans?(MSI Mobo) 

3 minutes ago, OndaLH said:

I have a Be Quiet Rock Slim and 4 Be quiet pure wings 2 and when i’ve always left the fan speeds on default and the fans are usualy quite loud and i’m afraid that if i change the fan speeds i might end up burning something...

check the temperatures in windows while doing something intensive like running a stress test,if the temps are reasonable then you can start lowering the fan speeds

also theres no risk of burning something,the worst that could happen from overheating is a system shutdown

5 minutes ago, OndaLH said:

Just check your temps and make sure they are under 80C and adjust accoding to it :D

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

If you go into the UEFI (bios) of your MSI MB, there is likely a selection to put the fans in quiet mode versus performance mode. Press the delete key repetitively on start up to get into the UEFI (or it could be the F2 key.)

First of all, you aren't going to burn ANYTHING. Not even if you would set all fans to 0rpm.

Now to point. Fan speeds are very personal thing and depend on so many things that you really need to try and test them out. I have fans with 1300-1700rpm max speeds. None of them goes over 80%. CPU fans are using 0rpm mode. Meaning that they both are off most of the time now that its around 20C in my room. Case fans are 3pin, so they don't go lower than 40% anyway. The curve is linear for case and CPU fans. I use bit more logarithmic for GPU as it needs to ramp up faster. CPU only goes to full speed when rendering anyway.

This is how I do it. First you need to use motherboards software in Windows. You can uninstall it later and use only BIOS if you like that better. Put something heavy running, so rendering or stress test to get CPU at max. Then find fan speed you are comfortable having with temps and noise. Next find out how low you can go with speed when CPU is idling. Between those too speeds its up to you how to setup curve. Logarithmic allows more aggressive ramp up when CPU needs to be cooled (gaming, rendering) while linear is easier and you might not even notice CPU ramping fan speeds to get cooled.

I've had to tweak my GPU fan speeds few times because I got them too loud or too slow for my comfort.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv