Horrible Graphics lag from desktop to games

Nyxxakai

Build:

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K

Mother Board: ASUS TUF H370-Pro Gaming (Wi-Fi) LGA1151 (300 Series)

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans

This build hasn't been quite right since I put it together in December. It would through an occasional blue screen which i thought was due to the 2080 and driver issues. I would update the drivers and go a couple weeks without blue screening. The they started happening more frequently sometimes twice in one day. When I could catch the error codes I would write them down.

Things like: IRQL_NOT_LESSOREQUAL / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR / DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VOILATION

I remember one of these I looked up pointed to the possibility of bad memory. So I tried pulling one of my memory sticks and ran that for a while. I think the computer went about 4 days and I had thought it was just bad memory, but then the computer blue screened again.

I tried updating the bios on my motherboard which seems to have lead to this horrible graphics stutter that is apparent right on the desktop just moving the mouse around and into gaming.. any game. I tried updating video drivers again, going to the 419.35 drivers which seemed to make things worse. I tried rolling back to the 419.17, then back to the 417.71 with the weird stutter in each version. Thinking maybe the video card had gone bad I swapped it out for an EVGA GTX 1080 TI and tried a few drivers to be met with the same results. At this point I tried rolling back the motherboard bios to the version I had before and still the laggy graphics persisted. 

Here I though that maybe resetting windows might help and start off "fresh". Again graphics remain laggy.

Here is a video of me just moving my mouse in circles on the desktop to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnBZ16DXAuYsF8T6A

I am thinking maybe its down to trying a new motherboard and rebuild everything from there? I'm really running out of ideas here. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

/\/ick

Have you tried using just the onboard graphics built into the cpu to see if the issue persists?

DDU to get rid of the Nvidia drivers and remove the GPU completely. This would at least eliminate PCI-E slot, and card and Nvidia drivers from the mix.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

I did not try on board graphics. But I did completely remove all Nvidia drivers and ran windows generic drivers to the same effect. Stuttering mouse a frame rates everywhere.

I would try on board graphics list i said at least it would eliminate a bunch of things, If the problem presists I would do a clean install of windows using fresh media and fresh driver downloads to rule out corruption. If the problem still presists then, Then I would focus back looking at RAM or the Motherboard.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

Thanks for your help so far ddennis! 

On board graphics seems to not have the desktop graphics lag I'm experiencing using the cards. So that's a plus.

Do you think doing a fresh install of windows is going to make any difference?