glides and paracord for deathadder elite

Shyam Ganapathy

my deathadders been showing some wear, the glides are worn out, and i kind of wanna do a paracord mod. Idk where to find the paracord or glides and i live in the us. please link if u know where to find it.

Paracord: any craft store

Glides: eBay, or I'm sure you can find some material at a craft store too thats of similar material

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Paracord: any craft store

Glides: eBay, or I'm sure you can find some material at a craft store too thats of similar material

actually i found the glides for cheap on amazon and literally just bought them. What do you mean any craft store for paracord, it needs to connect to the mouse so how would just the paracord from a craft store work?

1 minute ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

actually i found the glides for cheap on amazon and literally just bought them. What do you mean any craft store for paracord, it needs to connect to the mouse so how would just the paracord from a craft store work?

Idk, you just asked for it

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Idk, you just asked for it

umm the paracord that they sell at crafts stores are for parachutes or whatever. Im talking about for mice like finalmouse uses or the mods that people do. 

3 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

umm the paracord that they sell at crafts stores are for parachutes or whatever. Im talking about for mice like finalmouse uses or the mods that people do. 

Its literally the same thing.

There's different sizes

How you intend to get it on is beyond me

12 hours ago, Slottr said:

Its literally the same thing.

There's different sizes

How you intend to get it on is beyond me

The paracord that you buy for mice are with the wires. meaning they completely replace your old cable, you just unplug the 4 pin connector and plug in the new one. the paracord at crafts stores dont have any cables or ways to connect to your mouse.

2 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

The paracord that you buy for mice are with the wires. meaning they completely replace your old cable, you just unplug the 4 pin connector and plug in the new one. the paracord at crafts stores dont have any cables or ways to connect to your mouse.

Paracord is a material. You want a braided cable.

Those are two very different things

3 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

https://zapcables.com/diy-usb-cable-kit/

You will need to buy a new USB cable, open the mouse and solder the wires onto it, or solder a new internal plastic connector, depending on what your mouse has inside. 

23 minutes ago, geo3 said:

https://zapcables.com/diy-usb-cable-kit/

You will need to buy a new USB cable, open the mouse and solder the wires onto it, or solder a new internal plastic connector, depending on what your mouse has inside. 

whenever i look at videos it always just comes with the connector on the end, to completely replace the cable, no soldering required.

26 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

whenever i look at videos it always just comes with the connector on the end, to completely replace the cable, no soldering required.

What videos? You can get ones with USB headers on them, but that won't help with your mouse. Most mice have internally soldered USB cables.

7 minutes ago, geo3 said:

What videos? You can get ones with USB headers on them, but that won't help with your mouse. Most mice have internally soldered USB cables.

I think he is talking about one of these videos

There are many of those and they aren't very detailed, from this video you would come to think no soldering would be required. 

12 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I think he is talking about one of these videos

There are many of those and they aren't very detailed, from this video you would come to think no soldering would be required. 

All he did was add a heat shrink end to the existing cable. It sounded like op was talking about replacing his cable entirely. If that's the case then he would either need to find one with the right internal connector, (probably only Razer has them), or solder, or maybe just crimp, the new wire onto that connector. 

23 minutes ago, geo3 said:

All he did was add a heat shrink end to the existing cable. It sounded like op was talking about replacing his cable entirely. If that's the case then he would either need to find one with the right internal connector, (probably only Razer has them), or solder, or maybe just crimp, the new wire onto that connector. 

I think the op does not really know what is what and thought that he HAS to replace cable entirely. I did that paracord "mod" to my mouse, and all I did was crimp it like you say and that did the job pretty easily. @Shyam Ganapathy I bought my glides here https://www.hyperglide.net/ and "paracord" somewhere on ebay https://www.ebay.com/bhp/cable-sleeve 

Edited by noxdeouroboros

1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I think the op does not really know what is what and thought that he HAS to replace cable entirely. I did that paracord "mod" to my mouse, and all I did was crimp it like you say and that did the job pretty easily. @Shyam Ganapathy I bought my glides here https://www.hyperglide.net/ and "paracord" somewhere on ebay https://www.ebay.com/bhp/cable-sleeve 

if i do buy paracord what do i do? i thought this required no soldering, and some companies like paracablemods.co.uk 

sell it all together

13 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

if i do buy paracord what do i do? i thought this required no soldering, and some companies like paracablemods.co.uk 

sell it all together

It was a while ago I did that, I don't really remember how exactly I did that. There are some mouse cable sleeving videos on yt, I used one of those, but can't specify which. I looked up those paracord cables, and those sold on paracablemods require no soldering,crimping or anything, so if you want change your cable without soldering and pretty much any hassle, just buy from them. Or look up guides and vids on mouse cable sleeving, but that will be a bit time consuming.