RTX 2060 vs Vega 56

DolphinPig28

I'm wondering which one's better.

I looked for some benchmark and found out they have almost the same performance, and the Vega 56 is just a little bit better, but the RTX 2060 have ray tracing.

Which one should I buy?

For the 8g of vram and hbcc I think vega 56 is a bit better in the long run.

1 minute ago, Xkillerpn said:

For the 8g of vram and hbcc I think vega 56 is a bit better in the long run.

This. Vega 56 performs slightly worse NOW, but in 2 or 3 years, that 8gb and hbcc will pay off big time. Just look at stuff like Black Ops 4, Far Cry 5, Division 2. All very recent games, all of them use vram up like it's nothing. That is a sign of what is coming down the line. 6gb for such a good card like the 2060, it's awful and unforgivable for me. Nvidia did it specifically so you'd have to upgrade next gen. Don't fall for it and go for Vega. Vega is like the 290x, it will age so so much better than Turing.

The only real shame is the lack of good non-blower coolers for the Vega 56 as I feel like that's really holding it back (in people who hate blowers and thermals for OC/Clock boosting).  If you can get a reasonably priced Vega 56 vs a new 2060 it does seem like a solid pickup (bonus if you don't care about GPU blower noise while gaming).

13 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

I've seen people getting away with high quality gold 80+ 550w PSUs, but i also seen people with bronze 80+ certified 600w not being able to power them properly.

High likelihood that has far more to do with the quality of the PSU and far less to do with 80+ rating (gold vs bronze) or the claimed wattage.  A real PSU like a quality Corsair/EVGA 450w or 500w should be plenty to run a Vega 56.  It's rated to peak at 210W and that's not exactly unheard of for any prior GPU.